Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Process in getting a job with USIC?

Default Re: Process in getting a job with USIC?

Quote Originally Posted by sfd6532 View Post
    I applied about 6 weeks ago. They called me for a phone interview and then about a week later I took a test online. About a week later they had me fill out the application and BMV, Drug/Alcohol forms. They called my current employer and then about a week later they called me in for a face-to-face interview. They told me I should know in a couple of weeks. It has been 1 1/2 weeks and I am waiting to hear from them. On Tuesday the 18th it will be two weeks from the interview. My next step is a ride along and then??? Any way tomorrow is my last day at this job and so I welcome USIC as My new employer to come.
    If you got a ride alone your as good as hired. Your Probably starting feb 1st.

I applied about 6 weeks ago. They called me for a phone interview and then about a week later I took a test online. About a week later they had me fill out the application and BMV, Drug/Alcohol forms. They called my current employer and then about a week later they called me in for a face-to-face interview. They told me I should know in a couple of weeks. It has been 1 1/2 weeks and I am waiting to hear from them. On Tuesday the 18th it will be two weeks from the interview. My next step is a ride along and then??? Any way tomorrow is my last day at this job and so I welcome USIC as My new employer to come.
    Lucky, I applied about 3 or so weeks ago, did the phone interview then I was supposed to get the online one between X-mas and New years but that didnt happen, called them up said they were back logged due to the holidays so when I get the e-mail I get it... still waiting.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    If you got a ride alone your as good as hired. Your Probably starting feb 1st.
    I'm still waiting on them to say if I go to the ride along, Fingers crossed. A little bit of cold feet after reading this forum but I need work and Where I work now is ending.

I hear you there, well good luck to you.

Usic I Applied Got My Phone Interview Then The Papers In The Mail Filled Them Out, Sent Back. I Went For A face to face interview went on my ride along and took my drug test and heard nothing back for almost a month. And If You Get The Ride Along It Is Not A Guarantee Your Hired. 2 People Before Me Went On One And The 3rd Got Hired. Ive Been @ Usic Over a year. And For The Dude Thats trying to get hired. Make Your Senior Techs Your Bestfriends.

The ride is just a way for senior techs to feel out the people wanting a job. Suffice to say I have rejected a few.
    "BOHICA" Bend Over Here It Comes Agin

Years of Experience

It's more about having the candidate find out about what they are getting themselves into.
    There are WAY too many trainees that get through the class and realize that they have to actually work for a living...and then leave.
    "What? I have to get dirty? Walk in MUD?".
    You won't believe how many folks are surprised by this....or maybe you won't.

If they get a ride along, they are just about guaranteed that they will be offered. the job.
    At least, that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be....ya'll might do things different where you are at.

Years of Experience

I'm still waiting on them to say if I go to the ride along, Fingers crossed. A little bit of cold feet after reading this forum but I need work and Where I work now is ending.
    lordy, don't let the moaning and crying you read on hear stop you from giving the locating world a try. It's a great job.Working by yourself!! How can you beat that? Some of the people who post on here need to be run out the door.All of the BULLS@#$%@T crying and moaning they spew out has nothing to do with USIC. If they worked for Utiliquest,Walmart,Putt putt or whatever, they'd be the same miserable men they are now. Locating is certainly an underpaid profession, but it's a great job.No, I'm not in senior management.I just happen to be someone that still loves the work after 16 years .There are still plenty like me out there.

I just applied for the position in my area. However, on the website it says not to contact them regarding the status of your app. So what do I do. I want to work, not just get a job

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234