Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive Advice Needed

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: Positive Advice Needed

This is the kind of reason to establish a good union...

Uh Oh! It sounds like U1 is starting to take up Justice's cause - is he switching to the 'Dark Side'?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

By the way UULC, tried Google Maps yesterday. GOOD! Much better than Mapquest. But still didn't find what I was looking for. Had to call the sheriff's office to get info.

Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post
    She has Microsoft Streets and Trips already. It's out of date and doesn't have the newest streets on it. She's called me at home many times to get me to use MapQuest on my laptop to help her. Some of them I can, and some of them I can't even find. Sad thing is, she is REALLY trying and has never had a problem with a super before and doesn't know how to handle it. I've tried to help her best I know how, but she keeps running into bring walls. She transferred from another area in the same company to our area about a month ago. She's been in 7 different counties so far. How can she learn her area and be productive if she's running from county to county and trying to find her own maps.
    Tell her to copy and paste the longitude and latitude coordinates into the find address section of Streets and Trips. It will give her a good idea as to where to find out the area she needs to be in!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    This is the kind of reason to establish a good union...

Wait until CWA gets busted this next year and they are bitching about there jobs being lost. The only people unions help at this day and age is the senior employees. They keep their jobs and the newer ones get laid off. So they end up just churning new employees and the senior employees get a free ride. Eventually you run out of people and you hire contractors. Which is what AT&T is working on right now. Lowest seniority is around 12 years. Everyone else is being hired as a temp for 18 months. After 18 months they fire you. The next day they hire you back for 18 more months as a temp. Great job goes to the union for being so weak they screwed the new employees. So your unions!!!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience

well said road map.....that's what they are good for...my friend works for att and that is exactly what he's going through right now you said it perfect.....i feel sorry for him in a way....still a temp 4 years later................

You like "asshat"?

How about "Bosshole"?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RedToes View Post
    You like "asshat"?

How about "Bosshole"?
    good one red toes!!!!!!!!!!! are you new here????

LL... what is the update to date?...

Chicagoman

If my Supervisor yells production or yells anything at me. I tell him to get off his sofa and start working. And as for Women being locator,s there no diffrent then men. There can kick ass or there can really suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatingLarry View Post

I'm at a loss:

Supervisor is yelling production, locator is in new area and has no maps, doesn't know her way around this area yet, is also being used as a floater involving a lot of drive time, is having to find hole in the wall stores to find maps she is paying for out of pocket, having little to no luck, trying to be as productive and accurate as possible, not a newbie, super still screaming at her for more production. Sarcasm, hatefulness, "your problem", "fix your map problem", etc. She's been in this business with outstanding appraisals for over 12 years.

Now the questions:

1. How does she prove herself a good and loyal employee without being given a chance at the starting gate?

2. How does she win her super over?

3. How does she make production?

Please don't think I am complaining. I'm not. I'm genuinely concerned about her. She wants to make it in this company but is not being given a chance. I know some of you are supers and owners and I would really like some good advice for her. She doesn't know about the vine.

Hey gypsy! Where ya been? Haven't seen ya lately. Look on newest thread "Bull". Tell me what ya think!

Years of Experience

hey LL ..............did things get better??????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12