Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yahoo

Thread: Pinched a Nerve

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Pinched a Nerve

Anybody ever do that?

I was sitting in an awkward position and suddenly I felt a pain in my left shoulder that didn't go away for a while. It wasn't really a pain but more like an overall soreness that, after a few days, affected my whole arm. After several weeks of this, which also includes numbness, tenderness, the pins and needles feeling, hot and cold sensitivity and a couple other things it seems to have subsided. I can still feel it a little bit but it is definitely on the way out.

I'm now going to a chiropractor. He showed me I have a small curvature of the spine (which I knew about) and how it affects the nerves etc. This is my first time going to a chiropractor and it is CRAZY. I'm probably overreacting but I'm wondering if this is a safe form of treatement. The crunching sound that came out of my back when he 'adjusted' me was very alarming.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a pinched nerve and what happened with it AND any chiropractor experiences as well. Good or bad. I know I need the help if I'm going to grow old with a healthy spine. I don't want to talk myself out of it I guess.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Re: Pinched a Nerve

I think they do their best with what they know . it may be well for you to go to a acupuncturist as well .I may have misspelled that word . after those visits , probably couple of warm baths in some Epsom salt will do the trick as well . hope you feel better bud !
    TheCableVine likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Anybody ever do that?

I was sitting in an awkward position and suddenly I felt a pain in my left shoulder that didn't go away for a while. It wasn't really a pain but more like an overall soreness that, after a few days, affected my whole arm. After several weeks of this, which also includes numbness, tenderness, the pins and needles feeling, hot and cold sensitivity and a couple other things it seems to have subsided. I can still feel it a little bit but it is definitely on the way out.

I'm now going to a chiropractor. He showed me I have a small curvature of the spine (which I knew about) and how it affects the nerves etc. This is my first time going to a chiropractor and it is CRAZY. I'm probably overreacting but I'm wondering if this is a safe form of treatement. The crunching sound that came out of my back when he 'adjusted' me was very alarming.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a pinched nerve and what happened with it AND any chiropractor experiences as well. Good or bad. I know I need the help if I'm going to grow old with a healthy spine. I don't want to talk myself out of it I guess.
    A friend of mine let me try out one of those hang upside down chairs. As soon as I got in it, my spine cracked loudly five times and my back felt better for a few days. He says if you do it all the time the results aren't as good but he still wouldn't get rid of it.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

My pinched nerve has calmed down quite a bit. I don't think it's pinched any longer but I understand the effects last for some time. 3-6 months I read. I've learned to relax at the chiropractor and things seem to go a bit smoother. I no longer think he will break my neck and paralyze me.

I had a candid discussion with "Tara", the receptionist, and she tells me I'm not alone. Many people are wary but soon get used to it.

Here's to a speedy recovery.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

The physical mechanism that causes the cracking sound as a result of bending, twisting, or compressing joints is uncertain. Suggested causes include:

• Cracking sounds occur when bubbles form in joints as they are pulled apart.
    • Cavitation within the joint—small cavities of partial vacuum form in the synovial fluid and then rapidly collapse, producing a sharp sound.
    • Rapid stretching of ligaments.
    • Intra-articular (within-joint) adhesions being broken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Pinched a Nerve

Mmmmmmmm 3:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Pinched a Nerve

Jessica from McAllen Tx Chiropactic Adjustment

Years of Experience

Default Pinched a Nerve

Chris from Dallas Tx Chiropactic Adjustment