Thread: Our new raises

Question Our new raises

You just have to love the new RAISE policy,Pay for performance in 2 installments.....Their is a lot of pissed off people.This company is really going down hill fast.But like they say ,At least we have jobs.....And be sure to get home safe, Because USIC really cares..LOL

Default Re: Our new raises

You think thats bad? How about the union areas not getting a raise or the bonus plan! They sure do love to screw their employees whenever possible

And please don't leave out all of the folks who no longer have a job thanks to USIC.

Years of Experience

I have a problem with the fact that 2011 came and went, with only a new safety vest to show for it.
    I busted my hump to ensure that damages were minimal, production was high, and no accidents. I know what they say, you are lucky to have a
    job, but I have been overlooked for a raise for almost 4 years running. When brought up to management, they tell me there is nothing
    that can be done. My wife works full time as well, makes less than me, yet somehow brings in more money. Thank you USIC for making me double the cost of my insurance, pay for your gas taxes, and refuse to repay me for batteries when they are in desperate need.
    Furthermore, I would like to state that this PPP that you are so fond of has cost you nearly a million dollars in the past due to damages. Why can't you learn from your mistakes and do what you need to keep your breadwinners happy?

Years of Experience

Man, I so feel for you guys! It is absolutely insane to expect anyone to get the job done properly without the basic tools. Batteries being one of them. My advice? Keep a daily log of supplies, and anything else that you feel is important. Document what you do, and do not have, and what you are expected to do that day.

And if you are questioned by your boss as to why you are not up to snuff, try this one out. Use the janitor/ mop example.

For example, if you were a janitor and you had to mop 20 hallways a day, it should be fairly easy for even a knucklehead to walk those 20 hallways after hours, and see evidence that they had been mopped. If the janitor had no mop? What then?

Flip over to the utility locator side. Since we may or may not be marking utilities properly, or may or may not be marking them according to the wishes of the contractor, or may or may not be marking them according to the wishes or the utilities....blah...blah....maybe we can skate since no one really knows what needs to be done to "complete" the job. As long as we can "bill" the job. The pressure is always there to do more with less, because we as a whole have less control over circumstances than the janitor mopping the same halls over and over. When the going gets tough, many just "complete" as many jobs from a remote location as they can. It's either that, or go crazy. Every manager I've ever dealt with knows this basic fact, and some actively and deliberately withhold tools to "force your hand".

So my long winded point is this: Ask you boss, if they would be willing to show you their "magic trick" that allows you to locate facilities without a receiver and transmitter! And ask him/her to put it in writing.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

email your supervisor that you need batteries. work until he gets them to you. email and call him on your last set of batteries. when you batteries run out call the office and let them know you have no batteries so you can not cover any emergencies. Either drive to the office or wait for the supervisor to bring them. when you tell you to go buy some just say "I would but I was going to use my raise to buy them and you would love to purchase them but you have no money on you and there is nothing you can do. just make sure you carbon copy your emails to your supervisor to your personal email account.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

It seems that the people who make the rules are the first to break the rules. If they tell you what the procedure is for keeping equipped, follow those procedures. If they don't follow the procedures then document it. Be consistent and let them know that you are always happy to follow the rules but are not happy to break the rules. As Bad Robot said. You don't have any money on you. Not even your personal check book.

Reminds me of a supervisor who told a locator to mark a phone line that was unlocatable. The supervisor told the locator exactly where to mark. The locator refused to put down the marks and handed the paint to the supervisor. Funny thing. The Supervisor wouldn't put the marks down either.
    "Change does not always equal progress."