Thread: The Obama plan

Default The Obama plan

Looks like things are going to get busy if O gets his way.The most infrastructure renovation and new roads since the 1950's. Maybe Randy at STS will take this lost stepchild back.

Default Re: The Obama plan

Quote Originally Posted by cablemagne View Post
    Looks like things are going to get busy if O gets his way.The most infrastructure renovation and new roads since the 1950's. Maybe Randy at STS will take this lost stepchild back.
    Maybe we can all get Gov't Jobs locating for these projects. I'm sure they would pay more and there wouldn't be quotas to meet or very high quality standards. Damn, I might like Ol' Barry after all!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

And dont forget Obama and Co will be cracking the whip on the financial industry regs...

That said the economy should really pick up steam going forward...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081207/..._regulations_1

OKAY if nobody gets it Im being sarcatic...Restraining the finance industry with greater regs wont create stimulus...

A few more thoughts of interest- wont most of the infrastructure jobs go to the illegals AGAIN who worked for peanuts building our houses and commercial realestate during the recent boom???

So where does that leave all the white collars and prima madonna American workers who wont participate in such a competition???

It should get interesting indeed...
    Last edited by USIC1; December 7th, 2008 at 06:08 PM.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by cablemagne View Post

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...-me-dycom.aspx

USIC actually has brought up a good point (I know, I know) but he didn't expand on something very important.

White Collar and Pre Madonna Status.

Working to create a better infrastucture and upgrading our aging systems is a really good idea, they need it for sure. But these will for the most part be all blue collar jobs. Where will these people come from? Will they magically appear?
    We have LOST the very foundation of what made this country great. Our manufacturing jobs, our construction jobs, our very blue collar back bone. These have dissapeared in front of us with this WORLD ECONOMY. We have generations of kids who barely go outside. Who have NO CLUE about a hard days work for a decent wage. Kids who think the food they eat comes from the grocery store, the electric they use comes from the switch on the wall, gas comes from a pump at the station. Where did our spirit of making this country better go (not the world)?? It's been taken from us, it's been taken by every party we have ever elected since the 60's. Country first should be on the lips of everyone in Washington but it isn't.

GREED has become the motto of financial and corporate institutions. GREED has become what our Government is about. GREED has gotten us where we are at today.

Years of Experience
    na

Mexicans or Latinos will once again take the nations jobs storming borders...At least the ones that arent already here...

The white and black man will whine, cry awaiting the Obama subsidies... You know the redistribution handouts...

Last edited by USIC1; December 7th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    Where did our spirit of making this country better go (not the world)?? It's been taken from us, it's been taken by every party we have ever elected since the 60's.

Right about the time womens lib hit the seen...

I know exactly what your saying...

What ever happened to the man coming home from a hard days work to a hot meal and other assorted goodies???

The king of the castle when everything ran smoothly and a man was a real man...

Why do you think the latinos are the ones not afraid to do the hard work???

Because there women stay at home and keep there men satisfied...They still live by the old school standards...

Last edited by USIC1; December 7th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Well, NO, that ISN'T what I was talking about. Glad to get some insight there however.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    USIC actually has brought up a good point, but he didn't expand on something very important.

Working to create a better infrastructure and upgrading our aging systems is a really good idea. Country first should be on the lips of everyone in Washington DC.
    6 December 2008 - The U.S. Department of Labor on Friday reported that employers slashed 533,000 payroll jobs last month, and the national unemployment rate jumped to 6.7 percent from 6.5 percent.

How bad was it?

It was the fifth-worst job-loss month since World War II, the highest one-month job loss number since December 1974, and a 15-year high in the jobless percentage.

Recently, President Bush for the first time used the word "recession." He expressed concern about mounting job losses in the auto industry but worried about providing taxpayer-funded federal bailouts to auto manufacturers that might not survive.

President-elect Barack Obama also responded to the jobs report, issuing a statement that "there are no quick fixes to this crisis" but that the nation must move quickly to include job creation in a recovery plan.

Such a plan must "make investments in energy independence, rebuild our neglected infrastructure and continue to provide relief to families struggling to make ends meet," said U.S. Rep. George Miller, a Democrat from California and chairman of the House Education and Labor committee.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said Friday that it was "ready to go" with 34 projects that could create 14,000 jobs and add $2.4 billion to the state economy -- if Congress approves a proposed economic stimulus package that includes $25 billion for transportation infrastructure investments.