Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Me

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Now Me

I received a call from my DM yesterday morning. I was asked if I post on the Vine. I told him yes. Some of the post I put down figures that has cost the company. I was told to be very careful as to what I post as VP's and higher read the Vine. So at this point, unlike Chicagoman, I will still post but be extremely careful as to what I post. Very careful as to not post company info. So if you work for USIC be careful. I have never hidden who I work for or that I am a supervisor, I should have known to be careful.

So from someone who just got his a$$ talked too, be careful!

UULC

Default Re: Now Me

Thanks for the heads up. On one of the older forum sights, wasn't there a room that was private, something that needed a password to get in to? Or, can that be set up on this new forum, where it's not open to everyone?

Just a thought

Years of Experience

I still think it's good that corporate reads the vine. It lets them know that everyone knows what's going on. I obviously gave away my identity along time ago. I never post company emails or things that would get me in trouble. The vine can still be a very good place without just bitching about the company you work for. I have learned alot of little tricks that I would have never thought of if it wasn't for this website(Thanks Steve).

Without a doubt, this forum has helped me out. I only hope corp is reading this site. If it will keep them informed about what's important to field people, then awesome. I just don't want to see people bullied off the forum, or muffled with a threat. I would like to think that my company won't do that.

I also think having a private room for the sake of protecting forum members should be an option.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane9 View Post

I also think having a private room for the sake of protecting forum members should be an option.
    I know we have the back room but any member can read that. It would be nice if there was a room that was invite only. This way only the known locators could even see the area. I don't even know if this is possible.

I am a supervisor too, I don't get on here very much but I think it's a cool site from what I have seen. But I think the invite only room is a great idea for just the techs. I haven't seen anything on here yet that would constitute a warning or reasons for termination. (But then again I don't get on here much). Unless it is interfering with your locating, which I haven't seen that issue in my crew yet and I know that there are a couple of my team members that get on here, but I think they get on after they have clocked out.

I have always made it a point to only sign on during my off-hours so as not to be stealing time. It probably is a good idea to not post actual USIC e-mails on this site, however, discussion of those same e-mails is unavoidable. Maybe Steve would let us create alter-alter egos to disguise ourselves a little better?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I have always made it a point to only sign on during my off-hours so as not to be stealing time. It probably is a good idea to not post actual USIC e-mails on this site, however, discussion of those same e-mails is unavoidable. Maybe Steve would let us create alter-alter egos to disguise ourselves a little better?
    What would be SIC1's alter-alter ego. That is one hell of a scarry thought. I think maybe a cross between a frail Incredible hulk, Pinocchio, and Humpty Dumbty with blonde hair.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

hey UULC .....hope everything is ok for ya dude!!!!!!!! hang in there.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    I received a call from my DM yesterday morning. I was asked if I post on the Vine. I told him yes. Some of the post I put down figures that has cost the company. I was told to be very careful as to what I post as VP's and higher read the Vine. So at this point, unlike Chicagoman, I will still post but be extremely careful as to what I post. Very careful as to not post company info. So if you work for USIC be careful. I have never hidden who I work for or that I am a supervisor, I should have known to be careful.

So from someone who just got his a$$ talked too, be careful!

UULC

I don't know, I think in my opinion it is O.K. to post anything you hear and don't like about a company and the way they treat you. Just as long as you are not making up lies or insulting people in public. Hell, I've posted many times on the rippoff report when a local company screws me. It's the only voice we got. The internet straightens these crooks up real fast. If they don't like it, then there must be something to hide. Keep us informed even if you get fired for telling the truth. There will be someone in here to hire you. As long as you know how to locate, you will always be employed. There is no shortage of locate companies and wannabees. Worse case scenario, start your own gig.

Years of Experience
    30+

I just have to be careful as to what I post. I have to keep company info to myself. I can still speak my piece, but privilege info is out. Even the stuff everyone else in USIC knows.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I still think everyone should have an anonymous identity.

if you feel you are no longer anonymous. Go to yahoo.com, get a new e-mail address and sign up with a different name. Start all over.

Sometimes you have to expose the company's wrong doing. The word has spread like wild fire. Now managers, CEOs and all kinds of managers and sups are poking in here to see what's being said. I think this site helps keep em straight or flush out the people that are ruining a company's reputation. I remember back in the day when I started reading this forum, that there was a guy complaining about a company not paying him his hard earned money. This guy exposed names, emails sent to him and really turned up the volume in his voice by typing away his feelings here. We have forgotten this inspiring story and what this forum is really for. This guy got his money quickly after and other locators began to pop out of the woodwork to talk about the same problem they had with the company. I bet today that company is not around and if they are, will never ever rip a locator off as long as the cable vine hosting dues are paid. So, please,please,please,please, please prettyplease, Don't let your supervisor scare you out of here. If you are being mistreated, say it! I'm pretty sure you won't be the only one. It takes courage and cojones to speak out. But once you do, we as a community will have your back! These companies and certain emplolyees running them cannot continue to treat their bread and butter people like slaves and put a muzzle on your face and hand you an RD as long as we keep talking. If you stop talking out of fear, and the rest follow, forget it! you will be controlled even in cyberspace where there exists no censorship ir restraints.

Years of Experience

TVega aka(Justice) will no longer be joining us. I thought we was a little fishy.

Years of Experience

bye bye TVEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on back when you're ready to act right!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast