Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

Years of Experience

Exclamation Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract - UPDATE BY OVUS1

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Well, One Eye lasted longer then i thought they would, but NIPSCO is back with USIC.
    Why not put out the whole story Drac, or are you just one of those little rumor mongers that lives for bad news and only puts out enough to stir things up?

The Customer decided to split the territory and give us the majority of their eastern territory through the end of 2012 (3 more years). Because of the transition timing back in July during peak locate season in Indiana (brought about because the contract with their former vendor had expired and we were told that quality and performance had gone downhill long before we came in), and continued active sabotage beyond the transition date by certain individuals and entities, we could not overcome the situation in the Western part of the contract.

We have just yesterday conveyed this information to all of our Indiana employees, not waiting until it was common knowledge to everyone else or spewed all over the web before we told them - that's the kind of company we are. It is the first time in my 26+ years in this industry that I have ever seen ative, open efforts to actually sabotage a company and create a situation like this. Let's see how it shakes out now that we will be working side by side and the Customer will be keeping up with each company's performance going forward. Be careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

You should be really proud of yourself - it takes more than talent to make a decent man....keep hiding in the dark Drac, it suits you well.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

gas contract are horrible... its horrible because of the gas companies... the stupid audits they do ect... all locating compaines might as well leave all gas contracts... i understand they wont because the gas contracts are most profitable
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by FiosKing View Post
    gas contract are horrible... its horrible because of the gas companies... the stupid audits they do ect... all locating compaines might as well leave all gas contracts... i understand they wont because the gas contracts are most profitable

First off I have say that every utility should be doing audits to make sure their locate company is doing it's job. Surviving an audit, or call it quality checking, is no different than surviving an audit done by your own foreman. You do the job right and there will be no trouble.

The thing that concerns me about audits is that the utility firms have now gone as much as 30 to 40 years of contracting out their locating responsibility. This means they have no or few locators on their own staff. This has resulted in firms offering field audit services. So the firms that are bidding against your firm are auditing your locates. A real conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    hey dracula .....where you been dude????
    Hey Yahoo, I'm no longer locating...got a job offer that I couldn't refuse and have been busy with the wife and kid's so I don't get to this site much anymore. I hope you are doing well and had a great Holiday Season

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract - UPDATE BY OVUS1

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Why not put out the whole story Drac, or are you just one of those little rumor mongers that lives for bad news and only puts out enough to stir things up?

The Customer decided to split the territory and give us the majority of their eastern territory through the end of 2012 (3 more years). Because of the transition timing back in July during peak locate season in Indiana (brought about because the contract with their former vendor had expired and we were told that quality and performance had gone downhill long before we came in), and continued active sabotage beyond the transition date by certain individuals and entities, we could not overcome the situation in the Western part of the contract.

We have just yesterday conveyed this information to all of our Indiana employees, not waiting until it was common knowledge to everyone else or spewed all over the web before we told them - that's the kind of company we are. It is the first time in my 26+ years in this industry that I have ever seen ative, open efforts to actually sabotage a company and create a situation like this. Let's see how it shakes out now that we will be working side by side and the Customer will be keeping up with each company's performance going forward. Be careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

You should be really proud of yourself - it takes more than talent to make a decent man....keep hiding in the dark Drac, it suits you well.
    OVUS, you have flung so much BS, not only here but to my friends and former co-workers that I not only feel no need to respond to your posts, but I have no need to even read them. Say whatever you want about me I couldn't care less, because sooner or later everyone is going to know how full of crap you are. This is my last response to you, I'll let the people here learn for themselves...I mean the one's that haven't already.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 2nd, 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

opcornsmile:
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract - UPDATE BY OVUS1

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    OVUS, you have flung so much BS, not only here but to my friends and former co-workers that I not only feel no need to respond to your posts, but I have no need to even read them. Say whatever you want about me I couldn't care less, because sooner or later everyone is going to know how full of crap you are. This is my last response to you, I'll let the people here learn for themselves...I mean the one's that haven't already.
    Sounds like Dracula knows whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    First off I have say that every utility should be doing audits to make sure their locate company is doing it's job. Surviving an audit, or call it quality checking, is no different than surviving an audit done by your own foreman. You do the job right and there will be no trouble.

The thing that concerns me about audits is that the utility firms have now gone as much as 30 to 40 years of contracting out their locating responsibility. This means they have no or few locators on their own staff. This has resulted in firms offering field audit services. So the firms that are bidding against your firm are auditing your locates. A real conflict of interest.
    I agree with you 100%, audits are a necessary 'evil' that utility companies need to perform. This allows the utility company another method of pinpointing training issues or locators that are taking risks and need to be brought back in for retraining or reprimand... Those that feel this is unjustified are the same ones that this process 'catches' off gaurd.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678