Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

I know i'm glad to be getting away from USIC (SM&P) i could see the writing on the wall how the company was going down hill, didnt take long to decide to give up the 10 years with SM&P, to come on board w/ OVUS. I'm not trying to sling mud here but.... it's awful funny how SM&P wants everybody thats leaving to make sure they are taking the "high road" when finishing up the work .... here it comes.... BUT !!! is SM&P taking the "high road" ??? NO THEY ARE NOT, guys are being threatened that they wont be allowed to finish out their notice, guys are being loaded with all the footage (project) tickets with no help, guys being moved from their normal areas to other places, messing with insurance dates, I wont even talk about the PTO time that is being screwed away from us. USIC/SM&P are really showing their true colors
    this will be the last thing i have to say about USIC/SM&P.. that chapter is closed, and a new chapter opens with One Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    I know i'm glad to be getting away from USIC (SM&P) i could see the writing on the wall how the company was going down hill, didnt take long to decide to give up the 10 years with SM&P, to come on board w/ OVUS. I'm not trying to sling mud here but.... it's awful funny how SM&P wants everybody thats leaving to make sure they are taking the "high road" when finishing up the work .... here it comes.... BUT !!! is SM&P taking the "high road" ??? NO THEY ARE NOT, guys are being threatened that they wont be allowed to finish out their notice, guys are being loaded with all the footage (project) tickets with no help, guys being moved from their normal areas to other places, messing with insurance dates, I wont even talk about the PTO time that is being screwed away from us. USIC/SM&P are really showing their true colors
    this will be the last thing i have to say about USIC/SM&P.. that chapter is closed, and a new chapter opens with One Vision

Talk about true colors being shown, there is a certain person that even went as far as insinuating that employees are calling co-workers trying to get them to go with OVUS all while on company time and phones. No proof to that but he sure was quick to point it as being against their policy and blah blah blah. Then I find out that guys that are leaving are being called "Ship Jumpers" in their daily emails to their crews. They have/had no respect for those of us that have been with them for many years and putting up with all the hardships that came along.
    I'm so happy to NOT be a part of SM&P any longer and can't wait to begin the journey with OVUS. ALL HAIL ONE VISION!!

Years of Experience

guys please be careful not to burn bridges!!!! it's a popular saying but is very true !!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

we were told those bridges we be burned if we left,no matter how you leave, so i guess there is no worries of that anymore, it's being said that those that leave will not be listed as a possible re-hire.

Years of Experience

i totally believe that will be said and or has been said but .. when company Z( which i will not name) came in and alot of guys went with the new company it was said to them if you go you will not be rehired ............alot went and burned there bridges and some of those that did not burn there bridges were in the end .....rehired !!! one is a close friend of mine now here in this state.....that's all i'm saying!!!! i will say to USIC....take care of your employees and chances are you will keep them!!! utiliquest has taken care of me and therefore here i remain!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    we were told those bridges we be burned if we left,no matter how you leave, so i guess there is no worries of that anymore, it's being said that those that leave will not be listed as a possible re-hire.
    Sir ,,,,, i say to you good luck in your future which ever choice you decide !!!!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i totally believe that will be said and or has been said but .. when company Z( which i will not name) came in and alot of guys went with the new company it was said to them if you go you will not be rehired ............alot went and burned there bridges and some of those that did not burn there bridges were in the end .....rehired !!! one is a close friend of mine now here in this state.....that's all i'm saying!!!! i will say to USIC....take care of your employees and chances are you will keep them!!! utiliquest has taken care of me and therefore here i remain!!!!
    Make sure you smile for the camera when you get a little heavy on the brakes!!!

Whew!!! Not Me!!!

Years of Experience

you got me dude.....you found my weakness!!!

Well their must have been few USIC locators going to one vision. So many that we had to send techs to Indiana to fill in the holes. I wish those techs that left USIC good luck. I might have done the same thing if I had the chance. p.s. Dear One Vision you need to go little bit more north.

One of the problems with (USIC) CLS (or the other company, I forgot the name) is they EXPECT company loyalty even when they are sticking it in your ass. They don't have employee loyalty but if you quit (even with a 2 weeks notice) they WON'T hire you back. That is a scary thing right now with the way things are job market wise. Not to mention, generally, trying to recruit folks that already are employed to begin with tends to be a hassle anyway.

It's funny that Steve mentioned ELM as being a culprit of the 'Yes you have the job' then NEVER hearing another word from ELM in regards to anything. Same thing happend to me for a City Managers Position. 2 phone interviews, a conference call and a congratulations you got the job, we'll make certain arrangements, this that and the other thing. Days go by, no word no email. A week goes by, no word no email. I call back and get 'Oh the position has been filled' and I said 'Yeah that's correct, I was HIRED for it, where is my information?'. Then 'Oh it was filled by someone else'. Of course as soon as they said it was filled I knew, I just wanted to break balls.

You know you are exactly right about usic/smp/cls. When they were the only company up here in indiana they treated us like dog shit and told us to deal with it because we should be lucky to have a job. Then they turned around when OVUS came to town and started to sweet talk us to make us stay. All I can say is that leaving usic was the best thing that I could have done. And to all the usic guys that waited or played money games with OVUS sorry about your luck...if I run into you while locating I will let you know what it feels like to work at a company that treats you like a person and not a resource or asset.

Years of Experience

I wanted to say one last thing here:

Of the 60+ applicants, we only had one that had a bad MVR and NOBODY failed a drug test. You guys (and girls) are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME to keep your most valuable possession (your reputation) as clean as we have seen. No other contract that I have either managed for other companies or managed since becoming an owner has been this squeeky clean.

You have done a great job to this point, and I hope we can meet and possibly exceed your expectations going forward. As we count down to midnight Sunday and our first drop of paint, I want to thank each of you for your faith in our company, in our philosophy, but mostly for having faith IN YOURSELVES! I hope you feel the love because I am damn sure putting it out there!

Also, I think this thread has had more responses and participation than just about any other thread on the Vine. Just thought I'd throw that in.......
    Last edited by OVUS1; June 26th, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    I wanted to say one last thing here:

Of the 60+ applicants, we only had one that had a bad MVR and NOBODY failed a drug test. You guys (and girls) are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME to keep your most valuable possession (your reputation) as clean as we have seen. No other contract that I have either managed for other companies or managed since becoming an owner has been this squeeky clean.

You have done a great job to this point, and I hope we can meet and possibly exceed your expectations going forward. As we count down to midnight Sunday and our first drop of paint, I want to thank each of you for your faith in our company, in our philosophy, but mostly for having faith IN YOURSELVES! I hope you feel the love because I am damn sure putting it out there!

Also, I think this thread has had more responses and participation than just about any other thread on the Vine. Just thought I'd throw that in.......

Is it OVUS1 or OBAMA1???

Layin it on a little thick aint ya???

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Is it OVUS1 or OBAMA1???

Whats a matter UDIC are you jealous that you still work for a company that considers you just a asset and not a person.Just because somebody appreciates us doesnt mean there full of crap. I have personally talked to OVUS on the phone and he seems like a down to earth person. Try that with mike staten and see what you get. I bet you cant even get through to him, hell you dont even get emails from him they come from his secretary.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Is it OVUS1 or OBAMA1???

Hey, I know who I work for.... and not afraid to let them know it! Truth is they can do without me - according to you an owner/manager is just another pencil-neck sitting at a desk that doesn't know sh*t about anything because they've never been on a plow crew or sat on a backhoe or welded pipe or spliced or whatever.......... It's only downhill for me from where I sit, and our employees deserve to know where they stand with the company they work for. You've obviously lived a very sheltered professional life USIC1.....

My wife and I light a candle for you at Mass every Sunday........

And easy on Mike the locate this, he's a good man that help put together a pretty good company. Every locate company has a shelf life so to speak, and for SM&P to have had such a long run in Northern Indiana tells me he and his team did something right.
    Last edited by OVUS1; June 27th, 2009 at 07:42 PM.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast