Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 113

Thread: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    I respect all of the feedback here and I am the type of person to listen to all arguments as long as they are reasonable. I guess my question for onevision is what are their plans for their employees in indiana for the winter. If I remember correct while on RIF employee benefits are paid. Do you plan to RIF because your workload is going to be less of that of a company with multiple customer locates. And how soon does your insurance kick in? Just a couple of concerns among many locators I'm sure.

  2. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Some where inside my head
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by freshpaintonya View Post
    I respect all of the feedback here and I am the type of person to listen to all arguments as long as they are reasonable. I guess my question for onevision is what are their plans for their employees in indiana for the winter. If I remember correct while on RIF employee benefits are paid. Do you plan to RIF because your workload is going to be less of that of a company with multiple customer locates. And how soon does your insurance kick in? Just a couple of concerns among many locators I'm sure.
    They will answer all these questions if ya just talk to them. It never hurts to ask.

  3. #48
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    From what I've read on here I would easily work for Onevision over USIC any day.

  4. #49
    Senior Member FiosKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Way North
    Posts
    254
    Years of Experience
    100
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    wow its starting already :/ ... listen the only reason some locators are doing that is because you guys (onevision) have gas contracts and we all know what happens with them they are nothing but a pain in the ass... i hope things work out for you guys there tho

  5. #50
    Premium Conservative OVUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A little north of Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    348
    Years of Experience
    30
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by freshpaintonya View Post
    I respect all of the feedback here and I am the type of person to listen to all arguments as long as they are reasonable. I guess my question for onevision is what are their plans for their employees in indiana for the winter. If I remember correct while on RIF employee benefits are paid. Do you plan to RIF because your workload is going to be less of that of a company with multiple customer locates. And how soon does your insurance kick in? Just a couple of concerns among many locators I'm sure.
    Without giving up too much, it is our intention to work anyone that wants to work through the winter. RIF is relatively new for us, but after talking to many applicants it seems there are as many for it as there are against it.

    RIF will be available on a voluntary basis as long as there is no work. That being said, Damage Prevention involves more than just painting tickets, and we fully expect to be able to keep our entire workforce busy throughout the winter months. We want to retain every bit of experience and not risk losing someone because they decided not to come back after taking RIF. It will be a bit different than what you have now, as we fully expect to keep everyone working full-time 12 months out of the year regardless of the ticket counts.

    We changed our introductory period policy from 90 days to 45 days out of respect not only for Indiana applicants but for all of our applicants. Everyone will be eligible for ALL benefits once they have completed their introductory period.

    Want more info? PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

  6. #51
    Premium Conservative OVUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A little north of Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    348
    Years of Experience
    30
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by greg2169 View Post
    wow its starting already :/ ... listen the only reason some locators are doing that is because you guys (onevision) have gas contracts and we all know what happens with them they are nothing but a pain in the ass... i hope things work out for you guys there tho
    A lot of times they are a "pain in the ass" because the expectations of the customer can't be met when the locating company sends people out the door with such a workload that they have already failed before they even got started. Gas deserves more time and focus. The laws are changing in Indiana, changing so that there are fines and penalties even if you have a late ticket.

    Think about this - no more searching for a pump to spend a couple of hours pumping out a manhole to locate telephone. No more trying to figure out where that manhole is when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground and it's 20 degrees outside. Phone takes time, precious time, and that's why we focus on just one utility. Think about just locating one thing all day - it still may be a "pain in the ass", but I'll bet you get home at a decent time and are able to actually have a personal life.....
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

  7. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Talking Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Thank you for your response and it seems like Onevision has a decent plan in place. I hope everything will work out for you guys, because everything you say here makes sense. Of course you are always going to have people on here that just complain and argue just to be complaining. I especially wish the best to all of the hardworking locators that have to put up with the day to day struggle of getting your work done in a timely manner while paying close attention to quality, and getting bitched at by contractors, homeowners and bosses. GOOD LUCK

  8. #53
    Senior Member FiosKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Way North
    Posts
    254
    Years of Experience
    100
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    i agree with you... one utility is great we also do only one utility (tech. 2 with the fios)

  9. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    A lot of times they are a "pain in the ass" because the expectations of the customer can't be met when the locating company sends people out the door with such a workload that they have already failed before they even got started. Gas deserves more time and focus. The laws are changing in Indiana, changing so that there are fines and penalties even if you have a late ticket.

    Think about this - no more searching for a pump to spend a couple of hours pumping out a manhole to locate telephone. No more trying to figure out where that manhole is when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground and it's 20 degrees outside. Phone takes time, precious time, and that's why we focus on just one utility. Think about just locating one thing all day - it still may be a "pain in the ass", but I'll bet you get home at a decent time and are able to actually have a personal life.....
    Amen! It's like you were reading my mind. By the way, you dont know me, yet, but I assure you that with the staff that your team has interviewed, you wont be disappointed with your selections.

  10. #55
    Senior Member yahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,909
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Godspeed to all of you with your new company !!!! I hope the best for you guys!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

  11. #56
    Premium Conservative OVUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A little north of Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    348
    Years of Experience
    30
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Hopefully this is my last post on rumors in Indiana.

    Here are the latest:

    We are only hiring experience for the transition and 6 months later we will replace them with new lower salaries.

    FALSE. We have put together a team that we will enforce this contract with and have extended employment offers to them. Those that have not come on board (and have not played games) will be eligible to come on later if we need additional employees. Those that have played games will not be eligible for hire after 6-29-09. So those of you that were interviewed but not selected may be brought on board later. Those that were interviewed and played us and their current employer will not be eligible for future employment with OVUS regardless of the situation - period. You all know that anytime you have turnover, production goes down and exposure to damages and late tickets goes up. Apply logic folks - don't just eat whatever is put in front of you. Use that noggin for more than just parking a hat......

    SM&P is just going to buy us out and get the contract back

    Hmmmm..... I would hope that I didn't have to respond to this one (again) but it remains a persistent rumor.
    FALSE FALSE FALSE. We are not for sale UNLESS someone walks up with $200,000,000 (that's $200 million folks). If we get $200M from anybody, I will personally guarantee a payment to each employee of OneVision not less than $250,000 regardless of when you came on board. There - it's in print and enforceable. We intend to pursue turning OVUS into an employee-owned company, giving every employee a chance to be an owner of this company.

    We only have a 6 month contract

    Again, simple logic would dispel this one if applied. FALSE. We have a multiple year contract with NIPSCO. Why would a major provider of gas and power to a huge chunk of Indiana go to all this trouble only give any company a 6 month contract? Give them a little more credit and respect than that folks. If we weren't qualified to do the work, we wouldn't be here. If you Google locating companies, there are literally hundreds of hits. Do you honestly believe that any critical services Operator would consider bringing in less of a service provider than what they believed they already had? All transitions are tricky - do you believe that this Operator would consider doing two transitions in a six month period and end up giving the contract back to the company they just showed the door??? C'mon folks, let's keep it real. We already work for NiSource, and would not come to Indiana and potentially jeopardize our current contracts and relationships. Makes sense when you look at it logically, right?

    If you can't see this in your head, try writing it down and looking at it that way....... No matter how you dissect them, none of these rumors make any sense whatsoever.

    Again, we set our customers, our company, AND OUR EMPLOYEES up to succeed. And, like Mr. Gump, that's all I have to say about that..........
    Last edited by OVUS1; June 12th, 2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Spelling - can't get the spellchecker to work........
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

  12. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Some where inside my head
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Hopefully this is my last post on rumors in Indiana.

    Here are the latest:

    We are only hiring experience for the transition and 6 months later we will replace them with new lower salaries.

    FALSE. We have put together a team that we will enforce this contract with and have extended employment offers to them. Those that have not come on board (and have not played games) will be eligible to come on later if we need additional employees. Those that have played games will not be eligible for hire after 6-29-09. So those of you that were interviewed but not selected may be brought on board later. Those that were interviewed and played us and their current employer will not be eligible for future employment with OVUS regardless of the situation - period. You all know that anytime you have turnover, production goes down and exposure to damages and late tickets goes up. Apply logic folks - don't just eat whatever is put in front of you. Use that noggin for more than just parking a hat......

    SM&P is just going to buy us out and get the contract back

    Hmmmm..... I would hope that I didn't have to respond to this one (again) but it remains a persistent rumor.
    FALSE FALSE FALSE. We are not for sale UNLESS someone walks up with $200,000,000 (that's $200 million folks). If we get $200M from anybody, I will personally guarantee a payment to each employee of OneVision not less than $250,000 regardless of when you came on board. There - it's in print and enforceable. We intend to pursue turning OVUS into an employee-owned company, giving every employee a chance to be an owner of this company.

    We only have a 6 month contract

    Again, simple logic would dispel this one if applied. FALSE. We have a multiple year contract with NIPSCO. Why would a major provider of gas and power to a huge chunk of Indiana go to all this trouble only give any company a 6 month contract? Give them a little more credit and respect than that folks. If we weren't qualified to do the work, we wouldn't be here. If you Google locating companies, there are literally hundreds of hits. Do you honestly believe that any critical services Operator would consider bringing in less of a service provider than what they believed they already had? All transitions are tricky - do you believe that this Operator would consider doing two transitions in a six month period and end up giving the contract back to the company they just showed the door??? C'mon folks, let's keep it real. We already work for NiSource, and would not come to Indiana and potentially jeopardize our current contracts and relationships. Makes sense when you look at it logically, right?

    If you can't see this in your head, try writing it down and looking at it that way....... No matter how you dissect them, none of these rumors make any sense whatsoever.

    Again, we set our customers, our company, AND OUR EMPLOYEES up to succeed. And, like Mr. Gump, that's all I have to say about that..........
    Man OVUS1 I dont think you could have spelled it out any clearer. All these rumors going around up here are nothing but bullsh*t. I would like to say something to all the USIC people that are buying into this. If you are thinking of joining the rest of us and moving to a better company then DO IT!!!!!! Dont be taken in by the crap usic is telling you, they are scared to death because there another cock in the hen house....thats all it is. They treated you like crap because after they merged with CLS there was no body else for you to go and locate with. But now there is another company that is going to give us the respect that we deserve and all of a sudden usic is trying to be your best friend....Wake up people and pull your head out of your . If usic actually thought that One Vision was going to be gone in 6 months then they wouldnt care if you left because then they could just hire you back at a lower wage. As for myself I'm glad that the lord has blessed me with the ability to see through all the bullsh*t.

  13. #58
    Senior Member frostypeters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Hello boys & girls...

    It's been awhile since I've posted, but I thought I might just interject on this one.

    I've taken a 15 month sabatical from Damage Prevention and I am coming back basically for one reason... and that is One Vision.

    I think most of us in the industry had heard bits and pieces about these guys as they grew and it was all pretty positive. Now as they are coming to my neck of the woods I sat down with one of OVUS' partners and I can't tell you how excited I am to come aboard with this organization.

    The biggest reason is that I don't think they are trying to reinvent the wheel here, I just think these are guys that have all waved a wand and know that the industry needs to get back to basics...which is actual damage prevention.

    If you have a locate company whose main concern is profit margin, then only bad things happen. Anyone who has spent time with SM&P knows they "talk" about quality but their actions (i.e. staffing trends, pay freezes, etc) reflect a focus on profits. Now, it's still a business and we need to turn a profit to stay in business but "how much" profit is the issue.

    I believe in what OVUS is saying here and I believe in the theories discussed in my conversations with OV people.

    I have heard all the crap you guys in Indiana are hearing now from SM&P in another state and I can reiterate what has been said here...they are just trying to salvage their existing assets. Because that is what you guys are that are coming over to OV, not locators or people but lost assets which will required addtional funds for the training of replacements.

    Anyway, before I go on and on (which we all know I am more than capable of!) I will get off the soapbox and just say it's been awhile since I've been optimistic about coming to work for a company & I have to say that it's a pretty cool feeling...I almost didn't recognize it!

    Peace out...
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

  14. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Some where inside my head
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    I'm guessing since this thread has been dead for a couple of days that all the bs has settled down

  15. #60
    Premium Conservative OVUS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A little north of Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    348
    Years of Experience
    30
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

    Seems like it. We have a full crew now and everything is ready for next Monday's orientation and to begin OQ and training.

    Still some slinging going on, but we are staying out of that and focusing on what we have in front of us now. Thanks to everyone that stayed the course and made what I believe was a good decision to continue to support NIPSCO and NIFL.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •