Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

WOW! You are showing your true colors, aren't you?

I only asked because "Mojo" asked you a question before Scott did, but you found the time to answer Scott's question, didn't you? It was a easy answer!

Good luck...you will need it! NIPSCO will drag your whole Company down...and "No", I am not working for USIC!

Good luck, old man...you need more class, but that will never happen!

Years of Experience

i think he gave a fair answer....the guy that asked the original question is not really known . he could have gave a usic1 answer ??? we all know how that could have turned out! some info is important to give out some not when it comes to business. it's important for all of us here to remember that anyone can attain any information off this site and any others...
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post

I only asked because "Mojo" asked you a question before Scott did, but you found the time to answer Scott's question, didn't you? It was a easy answer!

Good luck...you will need it! NIPSCO will drag your whole Company down...and "No", I am not working for USIC!

What you see (and read) is what you get from me - no more and no less. I never offered anyone "class", and didn't think after reading some of the things here that "class" was a requirement (no offense intended Steve).

I am very happy with what I see when I look in the mirror, wrinkles included. Can you say the same? I would think not based on your thoughtless reply........good luck in dealing with your issues whatever they are. Hopefully you'll wake up one day.......

Have a safe and productive day!
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post

Not that John needs any help, but I'm calling you on this crap.

You got a problem reading dates and times? The question about Scott P. asked by greg2169 was asked May 29th @ 6:12pm, and OVUS responded on June 1st @ 8:04am.

MOJO asked his question on the 2nd.

You act as though he should be campaigning to locators to come work for him. Geez, the guy is offering JOBS, with decent pay and respect in an area of the country that sorely needs them at the moment. You aren't entitled to ANYTHING from him, much less have the right to act like a prig when you don't get what you think you deserve.

Your response strikes me as someone with a grudge to bear...
    Last edited by RD_Wrangler; June 8th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Can't we all just get along?

There is no such thing as a disgrunted locator, everyone knows that. (Sarcasm, just in case anybody missed it)
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post

the guy is offering JOBS, with decent pay and respect in an area of the country that sorely needs them at the moment.

You couldnt be more correct with this statement. After all the crap they feed us up here it will be nice to get some respect.

Years of Experience

All I can say is you get what you give. Have we made mistakes? You bet your sweet ass - nothing perfect in this world except the expectations of our customers........but we are trying something different and that takes guts in itself. Some things we learn as we go, and rarely make the same mistake twice. I appreciate loyalty to a company, but I appreciate loyalty to a customer even more. Locate companies come and go, but the customer remains every time.

That being said we are seeing the normal "jockey for money" games going on over in the Gary area, and some folks think they are entitled to more than others with the same amount of time and experience. We have more than enough applicants to get the contract up and running, and a special thanks to all those people that gave us their word and are keeping it. We are trying to get you something you have rarely ever seen in locating, that being RESPECT. Respect from your employer and respect from everybody else. Change is tough - believe me I know.

As far as the comments from Dracula, he's using the name of a bloodsucker not me.........even after being insulted I still gave him the respect of an answer.

I appreciate the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by GPGrasshopper View Post
    Can't we all just get along?

There is no such thing as a disgrunted locator, everyone knows that. (Sarcasm, just in case anybody missed it)
    I can give you the definition of an disgruntled locator...Work load doubled, stress load tripled....PAY RAISES FROZEN!!!!!!!!! ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by locate_this_will_ya View Post
    I can give you the definition of an disgruntled locator...Work load doubled, stress load tripled....PAY RAISES FROZEN!!!!!!!!! ...lol
    Me too, but at least I am still employed. A lot people in this economy can't say that. All things considered, I consider myself lucky. I take the daily grind sort of stress over the unemployment check stress any day.

Did I also mention that I really enjoy my job? I really like being able to help people and keep them safe (even if they they don't always know or appreciate it).

Years of Experience

Dracula: you are bleeding out... (you bit the wrong hombre my friend!)

Grasshopper: I, for one, very much appreciate what you guys do. My kids are in those schools and homes and buildings next to those gas lines that you paint....

Years of Experience

I'd like to touch on one more issue in Indiana.

I understand most of you have been under a wage freeze for some time now. We have seen applicants withdraw their names or go back on their comittement to us telling us that their current company has offered them more money to stay. Others have said they have been promised raises in the coming months as incentives to stay. Still others that I have personally interviewed and thought were stand-up people didn't even give us the courtesy of calling us back when they said they would after we made offers. No threats from me as I am just not that kind of person, but my memory is good and future opportunities will not be extended to those that took that path.

My question is this: If you have been under a wage freeze, and the current company just lost a major contract, all I can say is get ready for some serious RIF this winter - and I'm not talking about voluntary either........You just can't make the numbers work on phone and CATV alone up there. Neither of those utilities are known for paying for the value contract locating brings to them.

Don't be left on the docks - the boat is pulling out. If you are dedicated to Damage Prevention, you need to be on board with OneVision. Again, my sincerest thanks to those that want to continue to provide NIPSCO and NIFL with their quality work, and have decided to make a positive change in their lives. It will not be forgotten.

I would like to throw my 2cents on this issue. For all of you who were promised more money or raises to stay think about this, if they didnt give us raises when they had nipsco how will they be able to give them to us now?.....They wont and you know it as much as I do.The only thing thats going to go up is the amount of tickets they want you to get done to offset the lost of nipsco. Sure changing companys is scary as hell, but hey thats part of life. Where will you be when USIC gives you the shaft because they are to top heavy now?...Again thats just my 2cents.....

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

OVUS1... Here is my opinion on people not calling you back.

These people are doing what they think is the status quo. I have had interviews with companies and have been told I would get a call back. Well, as you might guess I received no call back. When I call to find out if I got the job or not, I get a person telling me that the position was filled. This actually happened with the local locating company... ELM. I was told I would definitely get a call. I waited and waited. Imagine my disappointment in them when I found out I didn't get the job and the interviewer had not the manners to give me a courtesy call.

I am NOT saying that you are getting what you deserve. I am saying that many employers don't have the decency to call people they've interviewed to tell them thanks but no thanks. A simple call would keep a person from wondering day after day or even week after week if they got the job or if they should accept the lesser position that they may have been offered but are holding off on.

I don't know your habits in this area so don't take this as an attack on you because it is not. I simply took the opportunity of your comment to sound off on a pet peeve of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    OVUS1... Here is my opinion on people not calling you back.

These people are doing what they think is the status quo. I have had interviews with companies and have been told I would get a call back. Well, as you might guess I received no call back. When I call to find out if I got the job or not, I get a person telling me that the position was filled. This actually happened with the local locating company... ELM. I was told I would definitely get a call. I waited and waited. Imagine my disappointment in them when I found out I didn't get the job and the interviewer had not the manners to give me a courtesy call.

I am NOT saying that you are getting what you deserve. I am saying that many employers don't have the decency to call people they've interviewed to tell them thanks but no thanks. A simple call would keep a person from wondering day after day or even week after week if they got the job or if they should accept the lesser position that they may have been offered but are holding off on.

I don't know your habits in this area so don't take this as an attack on you because it is not. I simply took the opportunity of your comment to sound off on a pet peeve of mine.

I tell ya you are absolutely correct about not getting call backs from employers, But I can tell you this I have gotten return calls from Onevision every time they said they would call. I also know that his complaint from indiana is a legit one, they are feeding us crap up here trying to scare us by saying they (onevision) will be out of town in 6 months and they will get the contract back....same ol' same ol' Its a bunch of BS. Any usic employee should know by now that YOU MEAN NOTHING TO THEM!!!! they will can you in a heart beat if it saves them any money

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast