Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

Talking Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

There is a lot of untoneable gas in the northern indiana region, good luck. I think I could get used to just locating gas though....hmmm sign me up, whats the pay scale

Years of Experience

Default Re: Now Hiring Northern Indiana Gas/power Contract

Untoneable gas in Indiana? With what locator?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by freshpaintonya View Post
    There is a lot of untoneable gas in the northern indiana region, good luck. I think I could get used to just locating gas though....hmmm sign me up, whats the pay scale
    We will be using all new RD 8000 units up there, along with other higher frequency units. We prefer to take full ownership of the plant, but there are limits and we turn back what is necessary to ensure an accurate and timely locate.

Not going to advertise pay scale here on the Vine as it is largely DOE. Please contact hr@onevisionusa.com for more information and to set up an interview.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I'm not trying to get off the point of the thread but does this mean some locators will be out of work or does it just mean they will have two less utilities to locate during the day?
    With USIC who knows seems the only way to hear about something with the company is to read it on here and then ask management and hear them say that it isnt true the two weeks later lo and behold it happens just like we read it o here ....go figure

Years of Experience

i hate it for you guys that didn't know!!! hang in there dudes!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

hmm ill check back in 3 months if you guys still have those contracts ill come down there as a supervisor

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by greg2169 View Post
    hmm ill check back in 3 months if you guys still have those contracts ill come down there as a supervisor
    Doesn't happen that way my friend. No sticking a toe in the water - sometimes you just have to dive in. We already have contracts with their parent company for almost two years now, so if your belief is that we will be out in three months I think you might miss the boat.

Snooze and you will lose. We don't have much turnover, especially within our management. Once the crew gets used to locating one utility they rarely ever go back to the stacked scene. When is the last time you had new laptops, new locating equipment, new vehicles, new everything??

We have received over 40 resumes in less than 48 hours from the Vine and locatorjobs.com, many from folks not even in Indiana wanting to relocate and try true damage prevention for a change. Several are from people that have left the industry and are intrigued enough by our philosophy to come back. One of our current managers in Virginia is even going to move up there! Don't miss out on this opportunity!

Years of Experience

Scott P. still with you guys? going there?

Years of Experience

Scott Puff-Daddy? Yep, he's still slinging yellow for us. No, he's not going to Indiana.....that is, not that I know of.....

Years of Experience

Hi, John.

Would you mind telling us a little more about your company? For example, I would be interested in knowing more about your existing footprint, size of workforce, etc. Your website, while great for obtaining a sense of vision, doesn't do much to help characterize the type of organization.

Thanks in advance.
    MOJO

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by greg2169 View Post
    Scott P. still with you guys? going there?
    Did you mean Pahota? He's left the biz right after we pulled out of New Jersey and I think is working somewhere in Northern Florida.

The guy has a heart of gold........

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    Hi, John.

Would you mind telling us a little more about your company? For example, I would be interested in knowing more about your existing footprint, size of workforce, etc. Your website, while great for obtaining a sense of vision, doesn't do much to help characterize the type of organization.

Thanks in advance.
    MOJO
    I guess he didn't want to answer that question

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I guess he didn't want to answer that question
    It wouldn't be that I am a bit busy up in Indiana getting ready to start a new contract now would it? I'm one of those owners that actually works for a living. Sorry if that disappoints any of you or threatens your lopsided view of a Nasty Old Owner. Besides, I don't know MOJO - he/she could be another competitor simply trying to get an edge on our business model. It would not be out of the ordinary for someone to not be who they say they are here now would it? Nonetheless, I apologize for taking my focus off the Vine for a moment folks.....I'll give up a little late night quality time for your amusement in order to answer.

I never felt that a website should convey every detail of a company - it is only a window to look in. Our number is listed - simply call us and ask for Tania. OneVision is the merger of three separate companies in early 2006 - John Cook Company (Mississippi, Georgia, Viginia, DC, Maryland, and Arizona, locating, fiber splicing, light construction, utility inspection work), Dominion Cable Corporation (locating, drop buries, light construction, Virginia), and Kudzu Technologies (software, ticket management, work order management, 27 states east to west). Aquired another company (Middleton & Associates - private locating, vaccum excavation, GPR, water leak detection, pre-design survey work) in late 2006. Current footprint - East Coast top to bottom, Indiana, and Arizona for public locates, coast to coast and Puerto Rico for private work, and coast to coast for software. Currently have about 140 employees, soon to be at 180-190. Next year we will add at least another 45-50 for an upcoming start-up in the midwest in January 2010. Quality and Value are our focus, and that's what we deliver. We turn down more work than we take on because our services don't come cheap and certain utilities do not meet our standards/requirements.

Oh, and by the way, I wear 38x34 pants (yeah, I know...), size 11 boot, have seven cats, and my lovely redhaired wife is from New Orleans. We have no kids and prefer it that way. Sorry for the sarcasm, it seems to come natural to some people on this site......I think I'm coming down with it too.

Can't we all just get along? (But I already know the answer to that question............)

Years of Experience

Lol, careful there OVUS, you'll start being called an ass like me and ifindit.

Don't forget to get some rest man. Hang tough.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    It wouldn't be that I am a bit busy up in Indiana getting ready to start a new contract now would it? I'm one of those owners that actually works for a living. Sorry if that disappoints any of you or threatens your lopsided view of a Nasty Old Owner. Besides, I don't know MOJO - he/she could be another competitor simply trying to get an edge on our business model. It would not be out of the ordinary for someone to not be who they say they are here now would it? Nonetheless, I apologize for taking my focus off the Vine for a moment folks.....I'll give up a little late night quality time for your amusement in order to answer.
    LMAO John, tell them how it is. I've wanted to post that 100 times and never have.....
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; June 5th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast