Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new word of the day

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Default Re: new word of the day

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    With as much driving around as we do you'd think we would see something worth filming. I used to carry my camcorder with me so I could catch that once in a lifetime video. Well, I got nothing. I think the only thing to catch on video are some of the crappy yards we go into. The occasional dog. Weeds. dilapidated swing sets. people smoking on the back porch.

Real exciting.
    I saw a pack of coyotes take down a llama while on a Comed emergency that was not even close to an emergency at 11:30 PM once.

Years of Experience
    30+

New word for the day:

Lackadaisical as in you get tired of all the crap and get a lackadaisical attitude.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    If you are nihilistic, like me, then this is a reasonable reaction to the Myth.
    Hey spray - You piqued my interest with your word of the day - nihilistic. A nihilistic person, as you say you are, has an extreme form of skepticism that denies all existence.

I guess I'm only halfway there. Unlike you, I believe in all existence. But I do carry an extreme form of skepticism (I'd rather call it cynicism) when it comes to the government-controlled, corporate-owned American media reports. I quit watching local and nationwide cable news. It's 3% truth with 97% bullshit being regurgitated by the same pricks/talking heads everyday. I gave up trying to find the 3% truth on the television news years ago.

I did learn how to read the newspaper about politics and/or controversial issues to find the truth. I read the headline first. I read the first two or three paragraphs to get the story set-up. Except for the last paragraph of the story, it's all biased agenda bullshit after the set-up paragraphs. After reading the set-up, I read the last paragraph for the truth which is there to give the story balance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm not as skeptical as you are Wingfoot but I too learned how to read a newspaper article years ago.

The first part of an article is filled with suggestion through questions and innuendos. The last part of the article is the truth of the matter. The press knows that few people read to the end of an article so they are basically writing two articles. One for most Americans and a shorter article at the end of the first to cover their butts.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12