Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New USIC Employee Handbook

Default Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

6 times a year that must be nice. Try once a month during th busy season and every third week when riff's roll around. But still it is priniple they are taking advantage of the economy claiming they are not strong when they are making money hand ove fist. the problen is that CLS is not as profitable as SMP ant managment is taking out on us to make the investors happy

Spray I felt the same way when I saw the disclaimer, however it doesn't say I have read and agree to the terms stated above. It just says I have read and acknowledge, to acknowledge is simply to recognize what they are saying. I doubt that it would hold up legally at all if they came to search you. I would think they would have to get you to physically sign something to be able to do that and even then there would have to be police involved. I don't think they will be coming around with K-9's or anything but it does seem a little shady. I fear this is just the beginning of even more drastic changes that will take place in the near future.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

6Feet, I agree with you that it really doesn't ask us to agree with them but when you add this to the loss of bonuses, no pay raise, the cut in the 401K, the older equipment not being replaced, not enough paint or flags to go around, the loss of the $50.00 on-call, the unknown change in our vacation/personal time-off, requiring a 30 min lunch break and no telling what else, it is starting to frustrate the Hell out of me.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    6Feet, I agree with you that it really doesn't ask us to agree with them but when you add this to the loss of bonuses, no pay raise, the cut in the 401K, the older equipment not being replaced, not enough paint or flags to go around, the loss of the $50.00 on-call, the unknown change in our vacation/personal time-off, requiring a 30 min lunch break and no telling what else, it is starting to frustrate the Hell out of me.
    Makes you want to just pack it in and go drive a truck or something...

Ehh Spray!?!?!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    I completely agree with Goldenboy. There is not a better blue collar job out here than locating. Come on back....................

Now, about the new USIC Employee Handbook - Be careful! This is political suicide for any USICer to voice any opinion about this subject. The rat bastard snitches lurking in the background here will get cha. Remember our friend Chicagoman? A casualty of the back stabbers..........

----------------------------------------------

Can you say "CARD CHECK"??????????????????????

HEHEHEEEHEEEEEEEEEEE Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!! bring errrr on baby!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post

Yeah I completely agree Spray. The question is what's next??!! I question how much of this is actually neccessary and how much of it is greed, it seems they are plowing forward like a juggernaut taking everything from the employee at a rapid pace. At first it was supposed to be that they didn't know what was going to happen with the volume so they were preparing for a low volume tight budget year, but from what I hear and see most places have are actually way above expectations as far as volume goes. So why do more cuts when the signs are already showing an increase in volume over the past year? I'll tell you why is because you can get things done in a crisis that you otherwise would not be able to do. Do you think if the economy had stayed the same that the employees would stand by and let themselves be raped? They know the chances of the employees leaving is slim because there are no job opportunties anywhere for the most part, especially for the largely uneducated locating work force. If they are honest then they will be giving these benefits back when things get better, don't hold your breath on that one. Instead we will all just be happy to have a job , keep our mouths shut and eventually get used to the cuts they're making.The profits are almost completely maximized lining the silky pockets of the top dogs, but if you would like to contribute just email some more money saving ideas and get your $100 check but cost yourself a $1,000 in lost income per year. Yeah I'm gonna get right on that one

How about we all pay for our own gas , that will improve the companies cost per gallon way better than the tire pressure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6feetunder View Post
    How about we all pay for our own gas , that will improve the companies cost per gallon way better than the tire pressure!!!
    Please, don't give them any more Ideas.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Iím a newbie to this forum. Iíve gone through all the discussions which are great help to me. Hope this forum would let me know more in detail regarding employee hand book.

Question Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

No what's really awesome that their willing to starve the ppl making their money!!! And how much revenue WAS generated by field techs in "freebies"? That not 1 single locator I know will ever do again!!!!! The money wasted on GPS to slow us down and taking everything possible from us...hmmm what does a starved dog do when u back them into a corner?........hmmmmmm it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nuffsenuff View Post
    No what's really awesome that their willing to starve the ppl making their money!!! And how much revenue WAS generated by field techs in "freebies"? That not 1 single locator I know will ever do again!!!!! The money wasted on GPS to slow us down and taking everything possible from us...hmmm what does a starved dog do when u back them into a corner?........hmmmmmm it should be interesting.
    I know in the Northeast numerous experienced locators are waiting for some "good news" and a decent offer. We are getting out of a certain "super locating company" as quickly as possible and hopefully get somewhere where we can trust management and be rid of the ass kissers liked so much by our regional. If we have millions in damages to pay this year this company is gone...may not be a bad thing.

Angry Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

lmfao...when a 14 yr senior gets da axe 4 a high profile...w/how many others not gettin it...wheres your job security? oh that's right theres no such thing...it's a myth.

Years of Experience
    retired

Boy, am I glad I got out of locating. IT'S A FER-RICKIN' HANDBOOK! What - are the page edges gilded with 24k gold???

Don't miss this fun-ness one bit.
    "Aye, verily hath I spoken." - Thor, god of thunder

well i used to enjoy the freedoms we had but no longer is that the case. The few bennies there were to lure ppl in and to stay has been taken so now just a bunch of miserable disgruntled ppl draggin feet. I miss the days when we could feel we did something good and could feel pride in our job, but that was b4. never again i fear.

Years of Experience
    na

Oh cmon now, its just good old free market practices meeting desired objectives...

Is nt that what 99% of this forum represent????

I would have thought the pages would be stuck together after reading the changes for most of you...

See the farse behind your argument -benefits of employees getting

TRICKLE DOWN!?!?!?! WHAT!?!?!? up the wahzoo???

Oh,so thats how it works....

I thought I was missing something...

All that strive for performance in return for all those incentives...

WOW!!!!

opcornsmile:
    Last edited by USIC1; April 1st, 2009 at 11:22 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast