Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New USIC Employee Handbook

Default New USIC Employee Handbook

Well, they took the $50 weekly on-call pay away now. Also, did you see that agreement you have to sign in order to see the Handbook? They are asking me to sign a statement saying I handle Company funds - WTF? If anyone agrees to this POS disclaimer you are basically giving anyone from USIC, for whatever reason they make up, the right to search you and your personal vehicle whenever they want. What the Hell is going on with this new management. The UPS Bunch didn't even think up this crap. I thought our new Pres was a Locator's Leader not a member of King Hussein's cabinet. I should have known something was up when I saw he had worked for the UN. Of course we have to wait awhile to see how bad they are going to screw us on our Personal/Sick days.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Default Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

It figures. On call used to be a way to get a couple extra hours, now it's just a fricken nuisance. So now if someone decides to grab my transmitter or cut my clamp at the plug end(and yes both have happened), I am now financially responsible, and they will directly take it out of my check. Spray, I think we're being bent over, and someone forgot to give us some KY. What's next, I'm starting to worry what it will be. I'm running out of orifices to cram stuff up in.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    I'm running out of orifices to cram stuff up in.
    We have quite a few around here if your in a pinch...

Years of Experience

bh...You better not lose you're can wrench or you'll have you're check garnished to get a new one.

Well, at least all of my equipment is so old it's already had all of it's value depreciated. However, if the engine or tranny goes out in my Ranger, am I resposible for that too? I'm not signing this thing - I'll just have my Supervisor read it to me.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

but .....he'll read it to you but who will interpret what he says to you ????? hahhahahaahahahhahhah hang in there buddy!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Wink Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

Hi Usic Fellow Locators, new here to this board, just tapping in to see the response from the new handbook just approved by our esteemed upper management! Wait, there's more! Look in your mail today for your present from our company! Let's see 2500 plus locates in how many states? Do the math and see how our company spends our oncall money that we no longer get!

Most Favorite Quote!!!What you do in Life, Echoes Through Eternity!!!! Author Unknown

Welcome to the Big Show MW. Were you referring to the Dependent Verification mailout. The Sic1 won't be able to claim his Inflatable Honey anymore!

Years of Experience

hmmm...they called me today again asking me to come back...I was thinking about it...you guys are making me re-think my thunk
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

The SIC1 will be able to check his inflatable honey with the wonderful cock shaped tire pressure checker they gave us.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

He won't dare use it if it's Bigger than his!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    hmmm...they called me today again asking me to come back...I was thinking about it...you guys are making me re-think my thunk
    RD no real reason not to come back.

As far as paying for lost or broken equiptment, in most states there are laws against a company charging you for lost,stolen or broken equiptment. Unless it's gross negligence you'll never be charged for it.

And as far as losing the on-call pay. Most of us are on-call about 6 times a year. At 50 dollars a crack thats 300 dollars a year. I don't know about you but I'm not going to lose much sleep over 90 cents a day.

Why not come back. You get to walk in traffic, step in doggy poo, and sniff paint all day. There can't be a better job out there.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    The SIC1 will be able to check his inflatable honey with the wonderful cock shaped tire pressure checker they gave us.
    Mine runs on batterys...

But if its like my computer battery that no longer holds a charge and is to expensive for management to consider replacing, I wont be getting anymore entertaining kickbacks...Rebooting my computer everytime I try to save gas will only create a backlash on productivity...

There so brilliant arent they!?!?!

So well a tune to the whole picture in the field...

Wink Re: New USIC Employee Handbook

Hey there Old Fart!!!! That's just one of the wonderful things that USIC is doing for us! Imagine, how many uneligible people can there be with in the company collecting benefits, but yet I wonder how much they are paying Next Generation to audit the dependants? I have worked for some of the worlds largest companies for long periods of employment and never once did I ever experience a dependant audit! Talk about USIC being a sucker for a sales pitch! Then we move on to that wonderful gift that came in the mail today! Maybe some of the locators only get oncall 6 times a year, but where I am, I am on once a month and in this day and time, 600 bucks is a lot of money gone. Anybody out there want to send 600 bucks my way to make up for it?

What you do in Life Echoes through out Eternity! Author Unknown

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    RD no real reason not to come back. You get to walk in traffic, step in doggy poo, and sniff paint all day. There can't be a better job out there.
    I completely agree with Goldenboy. There is not a better blue collar job out here than locating. Come on back....................

Now, about the new USIC Employee Handbook - Be careful! This is political suicide for any USICer to voice any opinion about this subject. The rat bastard snitches lurking in the background here will get cha. Remember our friend Chicagoman? A casualty of the back stabbers..........

----------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast