Thread: new trucks

Years of Experience

Default new trucks

someone help me out here??????? you have 40 locaters and 5 sups. i get 5 new trucks only ......who do they go to and why??????? think carefully please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: new trucks

This is a hard one.

In reality the experienced techs should get the new trucks and theirs go to the trainees. This is how it normally works by us. It normally goes by the experienced techs with the highest mileage. If an experienced guy has a one or even two year old truck then they don't get a new one again.

Right now everyone wants a new one since we're getting in extended cab trucks.

Assign 1 to each Supervisor and let them make the decision (and take the heat) on who gets a new one.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

That's easy if you think like most company's. All 5 of the sup's get new trucks and their's get handed down. It only makes sense to keep the sup's in new trucks beings they do soooo much locating. How many sup's will give up a new truck for a locator if they know they can have it themselves? If you can't tell this is entirely sarcastic, but most managements think this way. As a former sup and area manager the new trucks in my area would go to the best locators. Even if they just got one in the last year or so. Then theirs get handed down. Always take care of your good locators! They are hard to come by and in some areas a dying breed.

The locators with the highest quality rating. In the case of a tie, the one who keeps the cleanest truck.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by walktheditches View Post
    That's easy if you think like most company's. All 5 of the sup's get new trucks and their's get handed down. It only makes sense to keep the sup's in new trucks beings they do soooo much locating. How many sup's will give up a new truck for a locator if they know they can have it themselves? If you can't tell this is entirely sarcastic, but most managements think this way. As a former sup and area manager the new trucks in my area would go to the best locators. Even if they just got one in the last year or so. Then theirs get handed down. Always take care of your good locators! They are hard to come by and in some areas a dying breed.
    what is your defintion of a GOOD locater????? thank you for your time!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

...first you got to pick them up...

Years of Experience

The trucks should go to the techs with the most time then the locators with the crapiest trucks should get the better used trucks from the five....
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID