Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Locator

Years of Experience

Default Re: New Locator

welcome to the site dude!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    na

Make sure you get some wisdom from seasoned vets around, here like RD...

You think the military recruiters can lay it on, wait until RD gets started...

Been working for a little over a year now, worked through the winter here in IL and I like the job for a lot of the same reasons these guys do that have been working for a long time. Take your time, ask a lot of questions and be safe. congrats on the job! BTW its getting harder to find a well paying job and locating is kinda close to one hahahaha!

Years of Experience

i will have to agree with that up there!!!!! well said!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Chip82 View Post
    BTW its getting harder to find a well paying job and locating is kinda close to one hahahaha!

Heck, best money I ever made, AND I am not throwing out my back anymore!!

Chip, That's a sweet avatar. I bet she's a better operator than most of the ones up here.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

hey zubo welcome, its a interesting career jersey is a good place with quest... keep me updated if any supervisor positions open up over there

will do greg. mondays my first day wish me luck

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Zubo9231 View Post
    will do greg. mondays my first day wish me luck
    Wishing you the breast of luck!

Years of Experience
    na

Somebody cover Lostit, UAhole, and Dimwits eyes...

This content should only be apreciated by a mature audience...

Run. Run like hell. Go back to retail or win the lotto.

You'll thank me in the long run.
    My girlfriend says I don't listen to her.
    At least that's what I think she says.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jailmark View Post

Not me...... I've been in retail. For me, I enjoyed the direct contact with the buying public. But the pay SUCKS big time....... And most of my retail managers were dicks.

I've never worked for these creepz, but look what Wal-Mart does to their ASSOCIATES:

The Real Facts About Wal-Mart

A Substantial Number of Wal-Mart Associates earn far below the poverty line

* In 2001, sales associates, the most common job in Wal-Mart, earned on average $8.23 an hour for annual wages of $13,861.

* A 2003 wage analysis reported that cashiers, the second most common job, earn approximately $7.92 per hour and work 29 hours a week. This brings in annual wages of only $11,948.

Wal-Mart Associates don't earn enough to support a family

* The average two-person family (one parent and one child) needed $27,948 to meet basic needs in 2005, well above what Wal-Mart reports that its average full-time associate earns. Wal-Mart claimed that its average associate earned $9.68 an hour in 2005. That would make the average associate's annual wages $17,114.

Wal-Mart forces employees to work off-the-clock

* Wal-Mart's 2006 Annual Report reported that the company faced 57 wage and hour lawsuits. Major lawsuits have either been won or are working their way through the legal process in states such as California, Indiana, Minnesota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington. [Wal-Mart Annual Report 2006]

* In December 2005, a California court ordered Wal-Mart to pay $172 million in damages for failing to provide meal breaks to nearly 116,000 hourly workers as required under state law. Wal-Mart appealed the case. [The New York Times, December 23, 2005]

* A Pennsylvania court, also in December 2005, approved a class-action lawsuit against Wal-Mart Stores Inc. by employees in Pennsylvania who say the company pressured them to work off the clock. The class could grow to include nearly 150,000 current or former employees. [Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, January 12, 2006]

* In Pennsylvania, the lead plaintiff alleges she worked through breaks and after quitting time eight to 12 unpaid hours a month, on average to meet Wal-Mart's work demands. "One of Wal-Mart's undisclosed secrets for its profitability is its creation and implementation of a system that encourages off-the-clock work for its hourly employees," Dolores Hummel, who worked at a Sam's Club in Reading from 1992-2002, charged in her suit. [Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, January 12, 2006]

If I don't keep focused doing my locating job, I may have to suck it up and be a greeter at my local Wal-Mart store......... "Thank-You for shopping at Wal-Mart!"

----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Chip, That's a sweet avatar. I bet she's a better operator than most of the ones up here.
    thanks man ya that's my daughter! dontknow if you can tell she has a hard hat on with a Bears sticker on one side and a cubs sticker on the other! she was not scared to ride in it with me at all.

I have also come from retail i worked both warehouse/sales floor commissioned and commissioned as a manager and a grunt and I hated all of it. Worst part has to be working on holidays like labor day, memorial day and even the 4th of July! I would go back to waiting tables and bar tending before ever going back to retail... unless I got to build display for the Lego store in downtown Chicago that would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailmark View Post

I hear ya on that one. Someone told me that within my first week of being hired and I thought he was joking. Needless to say by the end of my first year I found out he was not. I'm still here unfortunately but it could be worse.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12