Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Opinions

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need Opinions

Have someone go thru the site and read every sentence. I saw quite a few misspellings and some odd sentence structure. I think I understand what you are going for with some of the lines of text, but professionalism should never be overlooked. Remember, your website is a representation of you and your company, and you want to represent yourself as a true professional. It's a very good start though.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I do my best to make sure everyone gets a fair shake around here. I'm very easy to get along with. I have a high tolerance for BS. I want this board to be respected in the industry. The best way I know to do that is to keep from censoring everything that comes across my screen.

This quote is far from the truth.
    Steve,
    I wasn't refering to your site exclusively, and no insinuation of mismanagement intended. Everyone knows that the internet has no rules - it's a virtual wild west. I don't expect you to censor anything, but I do have an expectation that any site that encourages open dialog and frank discussions will not allow runaway behavior, personal attacks, and serve as a conduit to attack a company - ANY company. Everyone can see that the basis of "their" argument was to personally attack me and my company, and that was my point relating to the Vine.

If you want me to share specifics other than what I have already posted on that thread of truths and non-truths I can and will, but I would ask that you take that thread down if possible.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, and didn't want to continue this discussion on this thread, but I wanted transparency and so I have responded. This is a great site Steve, and I am a proud member - able to post my opinions, views, pictures, stories here.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Overall your site looks good. Maybe make the pictures a bit larger, they are hard to see and someone who doesn't know about loacting will have no idea what they represent. Also, some of the wording was hard to understand. If you have insurance maybe put that in there too. I know that I have had to show proof on insurance/bonding to some of the bigger companies that I have done private work for. Good luck with your business.
    Work smarter not harder!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12