Thread: My new toy

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default My new toy

I got an iphone a couple of weeks ago. The thing is awesome. It has probably saved me quite a few dollars since some of the apps are able to do what I was going to spend some good money on. Let me clear that up. I have been looking at getting a bike computer that works off of GPS. That was going to run 200-300 dollars. I can get an app that will do the same thing for a couple of dollars.

I'm selling my iPod on ebay. My iPhone is an iPod also and it holds everything my iPod did. You can bid on my iPod HERE.

I also wanted to get a handheld GPS for about 300 dollars but the iPhone has GPS as well. Nice.

I highly recommend one.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Default Re: My new toy

Hey Steve

Your Right, That I phone is so full of gadgets, at the NULCA loators course I attended everyone pulled their iphones out of their pocket & used the compass app when it came time to draw up the training locate we had to do, I was the only one with a magnetic compass.
    If your into bikes (Im assuming M'cycle) check out www.spotwalla.com , you can intergrate your iPhone via http://fireeagle.yahoo.net/ to draw live realtime maps of your bike trips. The Telco I worked for paid multi millions for an @Road GPS system in our work trucks & Spotwalla does just the same & better for free. For example here is a 3 month 4x4 trip we did last year http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?...44c3e454cdfe25. if your into 4x4 there is more on our trip at www.goingbush.com

Duh, I dont even know my own URL, its www.goingbush.net

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Steve,

My Mrs. just got me one a couple months back and I love it. Everything from the Maps, and GPS features to the camera its great. I did the Police scanner app, as well as the one that show where all the good Food carts are in downtown portland.

Mke

Is this the same devise they just reported that records it's (and your) whereabouts 24/7?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Is this the same devise they just reported that records it's (and your) whereabouts 24/7?
    Yes.

Big Brother is watching.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    yes but they just announced an update that removes the 24/7 tracking.

What's a magnetic compass? LOL... just kidding.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I will look into m'cycle. I've been using another free app but it seems to have a few shortfalls. I haven't paid for one yet.

I would look it up right now but my iPhone is plugged into my home stereo where it is playing pandora radio. I have it set to my "Volbeat" radio station. Never heard of Volbeat? Check em out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1i1O9pALg

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

The iPod sold for 120 bucks. Nice.

The app I use draws the real time maps also. That spotwalla looks like what that girl was using that sailed... or tried to sail around the world.

Years of Experience

I just got my first smart phone a couple weeks ago. It's an LG Optimus and I was amazed at the GPS capabilities. I still only have a couple apps on my phone. I did find Zedge is an awesome free app for free ringtones and wallpaper.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Looks like that girl was using [spotwalla] who sailed... or tried to sail around the world.

Stay on a Stranger's Couch for FREE While Visiting the World

CouchSurfing
    is an international non-profit network that connects travelers with locals in over 230 countries and territories around the world. CouchSurfing will help you learn more about the community your visiting and make life-long friendships along the way. Since 2004, members have been using CouchSurfing to come together for cultural exchange, friendship, and learning experiences. Today, over a million people who might otherwise never meet are able to share hospitality and cultural understanding. These stays could last for many months, and that's okay, as long as the host is agreeable.

CouchSurfing's is hosting and "surfing" (staying with a local as a guest in their home). CouchSurfing gives more people the chance to become travelers, because "surfing" lowers the financial cost of exploration.

CouchSurfing is your ticket to explore the world -- from the road or from your own home. Over a million members are out there waiting to learn about your culture and show you some of theirs. Eat borscht in Odessa. Watch kangaroos in Adelaide. Find the best noodles in Tokyo. Show travelers the best live music near your home, or your favorite hiking trail. Meet locals in your own city who share your interest in travel and the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------