Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: moving up in the company??????

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: moving up in the company??????

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    And here I was just getting ready to whine about spending so much time in my hiding places to make my 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of our contractors phoned the field supr the other day that the locator who was supposed to be doing his rush locate was in his truck sleeping. The supr went over and woke him up...bet that ruined the locators day!!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Well UG... if I ever decide to move up north... I will definitely get in touch with you.... but you must remember.. I don't like winter....

awww, winter can be alot of fun. Not much fun to work in, but when it's -15 with a -40 windchill, and the watermain is just a blowing, it's pretty.

It's dropped down to the low to mid 70's here - However, the ticket load hasn't dropped - averaging about 65 per day - 60 hrs a week.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Let the blue balling begin. damn it's getting cold.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

quester, do you mind posting what kind of starting wages a guy would expect out there ? If i recall you do tel/power/catv right ? Not really for me, but one of the other guys.. I wouldnt want to be doin locates f/t, and last I checked Tellus didnt have anything decent to draw me out there.. (and then theres the whole getting eaten by a bear on your jobsite thing etc... )
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience
    na

For some it may just be the choice of moving to a safer nation!!!!

After Nov 4 you know...

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    For some it may just be the choice of moving to a safer nation!!!!

After Nov 4 you know...

Amsterdam sounds good. Maybe I'll just get stoned off my ass and forget all my problems.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Amsterdam sounds good. Maybe I'll just get stoned off my ass and forget all my problems.
    While marajuana is NOT legal in Amsterdam, it is tolerated, however... the oldest profession in the world IS legal there...i'm outta here... I'll tell you all about my trip (to Amsterdam) when I get back

Just kidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    While marajuana is NOT legal in Amsterdam, it is tolerated, however... the oldest profession in the world IS legal there...i'm outta here... I'll tell you all about my trip (to Amsterdam) when I get back

Just kidding!!!
    I don't have 3.8M for that.

I am a Sup, the pay is not that bad if you can do what you signed on for. 40 to 45 hours a week but when you pull 80 hours a week it gets really old quick. Plus once you become support they forget about raises. It has been 4 years sense I have seen a raise and you hear a lot of smoke blowing up your but to. Managers are looking at thier bottom lines and when all your tech are piece pay they are making a killing sups make less then anyone. Once you are a sup there is no other place to go but out. I asked to go back to tech and they asked why. I said I could make more money, they said sorry but you would not be allowed to go to piece work. that I would make to much.

Quote Originally Posted by CUS Soup View Post
    I am a Sup, the pay is not that bad if you can do what you signed on for. 40 to 45 hours a week but when you pull 80 hours a week it gets really old quick. Plus once you become support they forget about raises. It has been 4 years sense I have seen a raise and you hear a lot of smoke blowing up your but to. Managers are looking at thier bottom lines and when all your tech are piece pay they are making a killing sups make less then anyone. Once you are a sup there is no other place to go but out. I asked to go back to tech and they asked why. I said I could make more money, they said sorry but you would not be allowed to go to piece work. that I would make to much.
    Now that fricken blows.

Years of Experience

sounds like to me you're better off quitting then coming back in to be rehired.....is that an option????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Just my humble thoughts but in my opinion this guy (the boss) is a childish idiot who does not deserve to be where he is!

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Just my humble thoughts but in my opinion this guy (the boss) is a childish idiot who does not deserve to be where he is!
    Sounds like my former DM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456