Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: moving up in the company??????

Default Re: moving up in the company??????

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I do want to say Thanks to you Detroiters to sending Roy Williams back to Texas where he belongs. I'm praying that once we get Romo healthy and the O line learns to block Roy will do great here. Longhorns and Cowboys Forever!
    The only things about Roy is he speaks his mind, and First Down. Very Good receiver still.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    no beyond.......saints fan until they move out of state......when they do and if.......i will then change my avatar......i wondered if someone would finally figure that out......lsu fan and saints till i die no matter what their records are..........yeah ....you would think i was a lions fan....chin up dude ....sooner or later they will be back on top.....
    Had to joke about the Lions. I hope the Saints stay where they are at. Talk about a team name that really fits the town. How do you like Les Miles. I met him when I was at U of M. Passionate man big time. I had a friend that was a WR that liked him. I think he was an O line coach here before he went to OK st. Wish we had him here, we really suck this year for the first time since before I can remember.
    I think the Lions really have a shot at 0-16. I hope they don't disappoint.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

no beyond.......saints fan until they move out of state......yeah ....you would think i was a lions fan....chin up dude ....sooner or later they will be back on top.....

Barry's famed cutbacks dazzled fans and frustrated defenses for 10 NFL seasons, all spent with Detroit.
    (AP PHOTO)

Sanders will no longer terrorize the Packers or the rest of the NFC Central.
    (Photo Ed Nessen/TSN)

Sanders became only the third player in NFL history to run for 2,000 yards in a season.
    Sanders retired just 1,457 yards shy of Walter Payton's record.
    (Photo Robert Seale/TSN)

--------------------------------

Player of the Year: Barry Sanders

By Chris Jenkins
    The Sporting News

January 26, 1998

We finally have an answer to the lingering Barry-vs.-Emmitt debate. While Dallas' Emmitt Smith is starting to show signs of wear and tear, the Lions' Barry Sanders had the best season of his career.

In 1997, Sanders, 29, became the third player in NFL history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season as he gained 2,053 and blew away his previous best of 1,883 in 1994.

Sanders had to share the NFL's MVP Award with Packers quarterback Brett Favre, but a survey of NFL personnel directors wasn't nearly as close. Sanders received 19 of 24 votes (Favre got the other five) to become The Sporting News' 1997 Player of the Year.

Under new coach Bobby Ross, Sanders worked with a pure-blocking fullback for the first time in his career. After he gained 53 yards on 26 carries in the first two games this season, that didn't look like such a good idea. But Sanders rolled up exactly 2,000 yards in the last 14 games.

Along the way, Sanders passed Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, Jim Brown, Tony Dorsett and Eric Dickerson to move into second place on the NFL's all-time rushing list.

Going into the regular-season finale, Sanders needed 131 yards to reach 2,000. He did it with a two-yard run late in the fourth quarter, and Ross tried to pull him out of the game to make sure he didn't get tackled for a loss and fall below 2,000. But Sanders refused and broke a 53-yard run on the next play.

: Wing you're making me cry. I remember That Barry coming to my high school with some other players and just destroying out schools backboard.

Years of Experience

Thanx BH! Checking the rest out now.

Years of Experience

beyond...............les miles is a great coach and well worth the money he's being paid..... i hope lsu tigers can keep him another 10 years...very educated...speaks softly to the press with some sense and very passionate on the field.....he gets coach of the year from me.....by the way saban was a great coach too...hope he is sucessful at alabama...........
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

beyond .....you got UG to speak......??????? consider that as .....things looking up for detroit lions.... hey UG what's up dude ....where you been hiding with all this political mess going on.....

American politics is not something I want to comment on being an outsider...but I do sit back, read and laugh lots...let the blood wars...oops, I mean political debates, continue!!!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I do want to say Thanks to you Detroiters to sending Roy Williams back to Texas where he belongs. I'm praying that once we get Romo healthy and the O line learns to block Roy will do great here. Longhorns and Cowboys Forever!

I was a Warren Moon fan. As you probablyknow he played here in Canada for several years. He was in his prime and was exciting to watch!! Set a pile or records and played exceptionally well in the cold weather.

beyond...............les miles is a great coach and well worth the money he's being paid..... i hope lsu tigers can keep him another 10 years...very educated...speaks softly to the press with some sense and very passionate on the field.....he gets coach of the year from me.....by the way saban was a great coach too...hope he is sucessful at alabama...........
    We really wanted him back up here, but I have to give Les credit for staying there. It sucks, but thats ok. I really don't care about saban, although I have a few friends from state (Michigan State) that wish the plague on him.

Years of Experience

saban .....by most lsu fans....is satan!!!!!! he is hated with a passion and laughed at by what he did for miami dolphins.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

So far what Ive been dealing with is sucky pay, I may be fairly new as a locator but I cant see any really decent raises making this job worth the pay, at least anytime in the next year two years. Its shame there's so much responsibilty riding on a locator in these jobs but the pay doesnt make up for having this responsibility. I cant wait till the economy picks up hopefully get my butt into a different field. Id rather be working in factory making $19/hour dealing with the bosses then working 50-60hrs a week for pocket change.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by carl3572 View Post
    So far what Ive been dealing with is sucky pay, I may be fairly new as a locator but I cant see any really decent raises making this job worth the pay, at least anytime in the next year two years. Its shame there's so much responsibilty riding on a locator in these jobs but the pay doesnt make up for having this responsibility. I cant wait till the economy picks up hopefully get my butt into a different field. Id rather be working in factory making $19/hour dealing with the bosses then working 50-60hrs a week for pocket change.
    I'm right there with ya. I may not be making pocket change, but the stress and frustration that this job now provides in my market is not worth it. Ride out the recession as a locator, keep your eyes open for other opportunities along the way. I know I will.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

I wish it was only a recession here. Some areas are at 30% unemployment. Forclosures are way up, and It just plain ol sucks around here.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    I wish it was only a recession here. Some areas are at 30% unemployment. Forclosures are way up, and It just plain ol sucks around here.

Crap and Canada (specifically WESTERN CANADA) is importing Mexicans and other nationalities at a record pace because of the DESPERATE need for workers!!!!

And we cannot hire ANYONE as a locator who is qualified despite raising wages by 70%, providing benefits, and having a boss who everyone (except the slackasses) really likes!

Can you send some locators up this way so I can stop working 50 hr weeks IN WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR SLOW SEASON!!!

I'M SERIOUS HERE, I am not joking!!!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Crap and Canada (specifically WESTERN CANADA) is importing Mexicans and other nationalities at a record pace because of the DESPERATE need for workers!!!!

And we cannot hire ANYONE as a locator who is qualified despite raising wages by 70%, providing benefits, and having a boss who everyone (except the slackasses) really likes!

Can you send some locators up this way so I can stop working 50 hr weeks IN WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR SLOW SEASON!!!

I'M SERIOUS HERE, I am not joking!!!

And here I was just getting ready to whine about spending so much time in my hiding places to make my 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast