Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: moving up in the company??????

Years of Experience

Default moving up in the company??????

to move up in my company you must first accept moving down in pay and to move down the ladder to where you were you must accept moving down in pay if you take an auditor's job you have to move down in pay or a damage investigator...you have to move down in pay......is there a job where i can move up a position and move up in pay????? do you guys have this problem where you work????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Default Re: moving up in the company??????

well i make more than my sup ive been a tech for 1 1/2. my old sup when i was with another company just got fired for stealing, and riding people around in the work truck. when i say stealing he would take our walmart/lowes gift cards the company would get us every other week and not give them to us and he would cash them in for his own use. so i think the higher ups need to make more so the tech dont get shafted when the sups are hurtn for $$$$. i know a $10 gift card isnt alot but but when u have over 10 techs and use them that is alot over the 4 months we didnt get them. so for the higher ups please, please PAY THE SALARY PEOPLE MORE!!!!!!!!!
    SOME DAYS U R THE BUG OTHER DAYS U R THE WINDSHIELD!!

Sups make 40% less than their senior locators. Does this sound right? If you can say yes, please let me know. Almost any other field, it's correct.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

I've always wondered why this is also. There is no position to move into without taking a major pay cut. I guess I'm stuck being a locator forever.

next highest pay grade I believe is Regional VP.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Been a supervisor had my fill and will never go back to that again it was like having an umbellical cord to the phone and the computer 24/7 all the problems and all the issues fell on you and you only it was never the locators fault it was always yours no matter what.....so been there done that

Are you taking into account they get 40 hrs every week know mater what. Take the ot away from the locators in most cases I think the sup does better. Getting rid of the ot is the goal of the company. Been on both sides prefer the locator side.

The pay does even out for those of us in the North. When winter moves in, things slow down, and our pay doesn't change.

When I look at it like that, it helps me sleep at night. I know most of my techs make more than I do, but then again, they are the ones doing the work.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locomike View Post
    well i make more than my sup ive been a tech for 1 1/2. my old sup when i was with another company just got fired for stealing, and riding people around in the work truck. when i say stealing he would take our walmart/lowes gift cards the company would get us every other week and not give them to us and he would cash them in for his own use. so i think the higher ups need to make more so the tech dont get shafted when the sups are hurtn for $$$$. i know a $10 gift card isnt alot but but when u have over 10 techs and use them that is alot over the 4 months we didnt get them. so for the higher ups please, please PAY THE SALARY PEOPLE MORE!!!!!!!!!
    In our Field, "the Craft technician" should always make more then the sups; of course with all the overtime included. Our (all locating companies) Technicians should be paid by Experience and knowledge over the years. Hope it stays that way.

Years of Experience

thanks for the info guys ..........looks like i'm a tech forever??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Love the avatar Hurricane!!!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane9 View Post
    The pay does even out for those of us in the North. When winter moves in, things slow down, and our pay doesn't change.

When I look at it like that, it helps me sleep at night. I know most of my techs make more than I do, but then again, they are the ones doing the work.
    +1 and dittoed....

I think you also have to look at where you want to be down the road... for me.. the on call stuff is just getting to be too much, I'm just getting too old for that! There are pros & cons to both sides, but at this time in my life and with hubby's work.. I just can't be "in it for the money" anymore... not to say that I didn't like the income... but a good night's sleep without the 1 am phone call does have a price... and it is worth it to me.

Uh Gypsy, bad news, my supervisor is lucky to get 5 hours sleep each night. Up til midnite doing load balance, calls from th answering svc when on-call person doesn't answer, calls when someone is sick, calls from wire center mgrs , etc. Early calls from locators asking, bitching about work loads. Also, calls all weekend. Of course, if you get the Trainer's job then you can avoid these calls, but then you will be an Office Weenie and that will weigh heavily on your conscience!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

That's very true. If someone is looking at a supervisor position as a way to relax and sleep in, forget it. As a supervisor, you should expect to be called anytime your people are working, and that usually means around the clock.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast