Thread: Moving to the Oregon area...

Years of Experience

Default Moving to the Oregon area...

My family and I are contemplating moving to the Oregon area soon. I'm having trouble finding the names of the contract locating companies in the area (Pendleton/Hermiston) and was wondering of anyone knew who handled most of the contracts there?

I found sites for some smaller SUE companies, but none in the area we would be moving to, or that are hiring at the moment...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Default Re: Moving to the Oregon area...

if you are doing contract locating ,Locating inc is still the 1-call out fit there ,if you are looking to do private locates ,I would check with an out fit called utilites plus they have a website out of Yakima Wa ,i do work all overthat area out of Idaho ,but I think he has more steady work where as mine is somewhat hit and miss still, BEWARE though Locatinc inc is in the process of switching over to Utiliquest and the pay and bennies if any will not be very good ,you might try APS,if you decide to go further East to Portland ,they are a private out fit out of Issaquah but they have an office in Hillsboro,STAY AWAY FROM LOCATES DOWN UNDER,you would need a Costco size bottle of aspirin your first week there,as far as I know there is not alot of work or locating going on there ,you may fair better on the Washington side of the river,the tax rate is alot better too ,Oregon has a BAD state income tax ,and depending on what county you live in they add ther own tax on top of that for schools then the feds get they peice,when I lived ther it worked out to almost 18% of my wages before the feds got theres ,something to think about good luck to ya happy swaggin

Years of Experience

Information is MUCH appreciated!

I understand about the tax rate. I have lived in the area before and my wife is from the area. (which is why the potential move, misses her family etc).

As far as working the N. side of the river, *shrug*, I got no problems there. I ran 3 rural routes at the same time for a year, it was nothing to rack up 500 miles in a day and do 15-20 tickets in that drive time. Been there done that. Good OT
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Stake Center locates Comcast in the Portland area, but not sure if we go that far east. Try giving the office a call: 503-261-7440.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Information is MUCH appreciated!

I understand about the tax rate. I have lived in the area before and my wife is from the area. (which is why the potential move, misses her family etc).

As far as working the N. side of the river, *shrug*, I got no problems there. I ran 3 rural routes at the same time for a year, it was nothing to rack up 500 miles in a day and do 15-20 tickets in that drive time. Been there done that. Good OT

Not many crossings on that river. How did ya get across...on a wind surfer???

Just kidding. Love the gorge...done lots of hiking in the area.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

RD,

you have Stake Center here doing comcast, you have Locating inc. doing qwest, and you have Consalidated doing Verizon as well as a few private locating companies around if you like variety.

Let me know how interested you are in coming this direction and I can get you some contact names and #'s

mke

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Not many crossings on that river. How did ya get across...on a wind surfer???

Just kidding. Love the gorge...done lots of hiking in the area.
    LOL! No, I never located in Oregon. I ran those routes in Oklahoma. Just figured if i could do that, I could run routes on both sides of the River and just cross in the Tri-Cities areas.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    RD,

you have Stake Center here doing comcast, you have Locating inc. doing qwest, and you have Consalidated doing Verizon as well as a few private locating companies around if you like variety.

Let me know how interested you are in coming this direction and I can get you some contact names and #'s

mke
    Am PMing you.

Thanks!

Per Scientiam Vires!