Years of Experience

Default Re: Merry Christmas

-----------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Let me be the first to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone... Even USIC1 and Justice for locators. yes, I'm in the Christmas mood.
    and happy belated Xmas to you !

after correcting the big DA that allowed me to slip through the cracks !

To busy these days to cause a rukus- preparing for CDL school after jumping ship with Utilijoke and locating industry altogether finally...

I am thrilled after so many years 18+ of sloggin down the roadsides and peoples yards to attempt moving up the food chain at 49.

Hitting the road cross country as a nomad has always been of interest and time is wearing thin(like the cartilage in my knees from locating) to make the move.

SO ON WARD BOUND !!!
    Last edited by TheCableVine; January 25th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm very excited you came back and decided to join us again.

Getting your CDL so you can hit the open road sounds like a blast. If you ever get over to Idaho let me know, I'm always up for lunch.

Keep us informed and remember to post often.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Man, just think of all the WalMart stores he will be able to visit now! Welcome Back.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Welcome back USIC1.

Spray, not only does he have walmart stores to look foward to, but truckstops as well. Its a win win.

Mke

Yep!

Thanks for the welcome...

Staying with the folks in De. after bailing out of Nc back in July... Did 6mos. with Utiliquest awaiting in state residency discount for Cdl Community college program... It has PTDI certification that is supposed to be a little better quality starts March 5...

My dad is having hip surgery in feb so will help out here and hit the road sometime in the spring...

Im a frequent truckersreport.com member these days but cant talk trash yet. Just filling up on data and info.

Maybe I ll have a lady trucker trainer like I had (23 yrold hottie blond) with utiliquest briefly !

Anyway with 50 comes need for change !!!

Got 2000 mos. in investment income now from the locating years... As in money for nuthin... (Just need the chicks for free HA!)

So screw worryin about the economy...

Back to the books and this seriously dry material...

Have to pass some tests to get learners and some endorsements before school...

Where is the lot-lizard endorsement though ?!?! hee hee hee

just as sic as ever...

Years of Experience

Christmas Scenes Banned in
    Palisades Park, Santa Monica, CA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is a victory for atheists, anti-Christians and people who don't believe the 1st Amendment belongs as much to religious speakers as it does to secular and anti-religious speakers," William J. Becker Jr., an attorney for the Santa Monica Nativity Scenes Committee, said in a statement. "The Grinch hasn't stolen Christmas. He has stolen our liberty."

Hunter Jameson, the chairman of the same committee added, "The city council did not stand up for the free exercise of religion. It kowtowed to a very small, vocal out-of-town group of people with an ideological bias against the scenes," who "made very clear that their main goal was to have the nativity scenes ejected from the park."

The nativity scene haters were headed by Damon Vix, a Burbank Hollywood set designer, who "is very active in the atheist circles and has resented the nativity scene for many years."

Years of Experience
    na

" HAPPY HOLIDAYS " !!! to everyone

Years of Experience

The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Christmas Scenes Banned in
    Palisades Park, Santa Monica, CA

"This is a victory for atheists, anti-Christians and people who don't believe the 1st Amendment belongs as much to religious speakers as it does to secular and anti-religious speakers," William J. Becker Jr., an attorney for the Santa Monica Nativity Scenes Committee, said in a statement. "The Grinch hasn't stolen Christmas. He has stolen our liberty."

Hunter Jameson, the chairman of the same committee added, "The city council did not stand up for the free exercise of religion. It kowtowed to a very small, vocal out-of-town group of people with an ideological bias against the scenes," who "made very clear that their main goal was to have the nativity scenes ejected from the park."

The nativity scene haters were headed by Damon Vix, a Burbank Hollywood set designer, who "is very active in the atheist circles and has resented the nativity scene for many years."

Not so much the case around here:

Family, friends and supporters turned out in Warren on Saturday morning to celebrate and give John Satawa an early Christmas present.

Satawa’s family-owned nativity scene — built by his father Joseph in 1945 “for all Christians” — is back in the median on Mound Road just south of Chicago Road after a 4-year absence. The crowd of well-wishers and helpers, including Boy Scouts from Troop 1478 from St. Anne Catholic Community, assembled the wooden structure with windows and positioned inside each large plaster figure — including animals, shepherds, Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus.

The nativity scene rests in the shadow of several pine trees and just feet from a banner erected on Friday by the Freedom From Religion Foundation. That sign states “At this season of the winter solstice, let reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth & superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.”

RELATED ASSETS

SYNDICASTER

In 2008, that same Freedom from Religion Foundation complained about the religious display and lack of permit for it on behalf of an unidentified Macomb County resident to the then county Road Commission. The commission then rejected Satawa’s first request for a permit to continue placing the nativity scene on the median.

Satawa sued in October 2009 in U.S. District Court in Detroit, but his request for a preliminary injunction was rejected by a judge. The reason given was that the display created a traffic hazard by blocking the view of vehicles on northbound Mound heading east on Chicago Road. The case was dismissed in April 2010.

The Thomas More Law Center appealed on Satawa’s behalf, and judges in the U.S. Court of Appeals in Cincinnati ruled in August 2012 that the median is a public forum where Satawa could exercise freedom of speech rights, overturning the lower court and allowing the return of the nativity scene.

This was actually a big deal around here. I've seen this display, and remember it from when I was much younger as well. It's not in the way of being able to see traffic, and it's very tactfully done.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    A banner erected on Friday by the Freedom From Religion Foundation states, “At this season of the winter solstice, let reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth & superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Jewel Kilcher - O Holy Night

-------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Sarah McLachlan - River

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! this year i got a slap chop .... what did you guys get?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast