Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mccould and KDL fiber contract lost

Years of Experience

Default Mccould and KDL fiber contract lost

Just found out that the contract for not only the mccould fiber but also the KDL (kentucky data link) has been lost in the midwest. I know for a fact USIC just picked up the KDL last year and we have already lost it?
    I know that CUS had the Mccould contract for awhile in the area and seems like we are on a downward trend.
    Also heard the the Ameren contract is up this year and that JF electric (sub contractor for Ameren) is bidding on the contract. What is next? ATT? Charter?
    Something needs to change. NOW

Default Re: Mccould and KDL fiber contract lost

Is JF going for the Gas Side too?! I don't see that working.

Years of Experience

Mcloud Fiber.
    I would imagine they would get the gas side aswell. Ameren is not happy with a few usic guys right now

Quote Originally Posted by usic82 View Post
    just found out that the contract for not only the mccould fiber but also the kdl (kentucky data link) has been lost in the midwest. I know for a fact usic just picked up the kdl last year and we have already lost it?
    I know that cus had the mccould contract for awhile in the area and seems like we are on a downward trend.
    Also heard the the ameren contract is up this year and that jf electric (sub contractor for ameren) is bidding on the contract. What is next? Att? Charter?
    Something needs to change. Now
    you also forgot norlight. All 3 are part of windstream now which usic lost because they suck. Not the locators who do a good job but the company in name itself.

Years of Experience

It's a shame USIC tainted Consolidated in places like IL... wonder what will happen next... I know they lost ATT down in south

Ameren are a hard bunch of pricks to locate for anyway in IL... especially the old CIPS area...

The Windstream contract, (including McLeod, Paetec, KDL & Norlight) for MI, IN, IL and OH was won by Turnkey Network Solutions out of Grand Rapids, MI. They are still looking for experienced locators in Ohio and Illinois. They only locate fiber and all of their fiber routes are drawn on one map showing risers, hand holes, man holes and surrounding addresses which can all be edited by locators in the field. They pay well and have excellent benefits and their website is www.tkns.net.

Years of Experience

Wow thanks

Years of Experience

USIC just took over the telco contract here in bowling green ky , anyone know if they locate anything other than telco ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jixoye View Post
    The Windstream contract, (including McLeod, Paetec, KDL & Norlight) for MI, IN, IL and OH was won by Turnkey Network Solutions out of Grand Rapids, MI. They are still looking for experienced locators in Ohio and Illinois. They only locate fiber and all of their fiber routes are drawn on one map showing risers, hand holes, man holes and surrounding addresses which can all be edited by locators in the field. They pay well and have excellent benefits and their website is www.tkns.net.
    Finished a phone interview with Amy at HR with Turnkey yesterday and they are desperately looking for experienced locators for the Windstream contract in Ohio. Mainly Akron, Geauga, Ashtabula, Jefferson/Belmont County areas, Athens Meigs areas, Licking Co., Toledo area and Miami, Hardin and Champaign Counties. You are correct, they stike me as a very good company, offering a very good starting rate with more for experience and I get the impression they will be a very good company to work for. You can downlaod their application at the web site above and send it and your resume to Amy at resume@tkns.net. I did find out that they will also be locating Copper for Windstream as part of this contract, don't have ALL the details but I did find out that much. They are doing interviews next week in Richfield Ohio so get it in quick.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

"Change does not always equal progress."

Quote Originally Posted by Jixoye View Post
    kdl still being located by usic in northern indiana

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fiberlocator99 View Post
    you also forgot norlight. All 3 are part of windstream now which usic lost because they suck. Not the locators who do a good job but the company in name itself.
    Nothing like trying to locate KDL fiber without any prints. I mean, we had KDL prints but nothing ever indicated any buried KDL fiber anywhere, even in places we knew it had been installed. KDL has put in fiber all over Illinois the past few years. For guys that have worked the same area for a while, at least they knew to look for it, but it still wasn't on any prints. Plus, we were told that if there was no fiber shown on the print that we weren't responsible for locating it even though no one from KDL would mark it either.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

In WI we are still locating for Parted(McLeod) and KDL.

No more Paetec or Mcleod here in Illinoi as of October 1st.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    In WI we are still locating for Parted(McLeod) and KDL.
    Like in IL you are only doing it until Oct or Nov from what I have heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast