Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make room......

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Make room......

There are some good SUE firms in Florida Yahoo.......open your mind to a little change. One of them is headed up by a very solid poster on this board. Check in with him. Talk to Ninja about the SUE firm he worked for, ask OldSchool, he's got nearly 20 years in both SUE and Contract Locating.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

well ......it sounds like a wonderful idea since i enjoy this business.....but one thing ...the main thing holding me back....my house that i have only 5 years left to pay on before i own it free and clear.... can't make any moves because of that alone....would not be financially smart i think????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Just a question, are SUE firms having a hard time getting work these days? Are their services more of a "luxury" than a necessity? Just wondering.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Yes, it has been getting very quiet for me here for that very reason Spray, SUE services are considered a "Luxury" service for the project owners that don't think. Or they just dump all of the utility responsibilities directly on the contractor to figure out. The contractors have the mindset that they will call in a ticket and keep their fingers crossed, and will field fit everything they can. What they can't, they will dump the redesign back on the engineer. It is a vicious, wasteful cycle. The smart ones are more than willing to pony up a little bit of extra money to get it done right. Designating/Mapping/Test Holes/Test Hole Mapping properly utilized throughout the design and construction process.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

why don't they have that type of outfit down this way you think??????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Not sure, I really don't have that answer. I would have to say there is probably a lack of people pushing for it. And most likely, those people aren't pushing for it because they aren't aware there is an alternative.

Years of Experience

who knows....maybe we don't have as much ug as you guys up that way.....i'm glad i at least know about it that way i can look out for it when it comes my way.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12