Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yahoo
  • 1 Post By CPD

Thread: Looks like USIC finally bought out On Target Utility Services

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Looks like USIC finally bought out On Target Utility Services

I know I'm late with this news but I just found out. About 7 months ago in June 2018, USIC fully purchased On Target Utility Services, a one call underground utility locating company that worked in vt, nh, me, ma, ct, and ri. Premier used to work in some of those states, but they got bought by USIC too. ECSM used to work in ct, but was bought out by Premier years ago.

That means USIC is the only game in town for those states, I don't think there are any other contract one call companies going after work there. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am, though.

Heh, That likely allows USIC to bring up thier bidding price on these contracts, since no one else is likely bidding or has the already existing local presence to make a competitive bid. Still, locating electric, telephone, cable, AND gas on all tickets....? Talk about stressful.

CPD
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Looks like USIC finally bought out On Target Utility Services

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    I know I'm late with this news but I just found out. About 7 months ago in June 2018, USIC fully purchased On Target Utility Services, a one call underground utility locating company that worked in vt, nh, me, ma, ct, and ri. Premier used to work in some of those states, but they got bought by USIC too. ECSM used to work in ct, but was bought out by Premier years ago.

That means USIC is the only game in town for those states, I don't think there are any other contract one call companies going after work there. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am, though.

Heh, That likely allows USIC to bring up their bidding price on these contracts since no one else is likely bidding or has the already existing local presence to make a competitive bid. Still, locating electric, telephone, cable, AND gas on all tickets....? Talk about stressful.
    Talking about stressful try all that plus street light, water and sewer on one ticket.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post

Heh, That likely allows USIC to bring up thier bidding price on these contracts, since no one else is likely bidding or has the already existing local presence to make a competitive bid. Still, locating electric, telephone, cable, AND gas on all tickets....? Talk about stressful.
    parts of Fitzburg, WI has 9 way locates. When I was in IL and working for usic I had 5 to 7 ways at times

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    parts of Fitzburg, WI has 9 way locates. When I was in IL and working for usic I had 5 to 7 ways at times
    I used to have to mark water, sewer, phone, catv and electric on one ticket. The nice thing was I had drawings for everything. It allowed me to sort out the signals and accuratly mark the job. I did more net locates per day than gross tickets. One of the easiest jobs I had I only marked catv, that was nice.

Years of Experience

my job is hard ...I only locate one way tickets.....gas . I do feel bad for you guys that do 9 way tickets ...YIKES !!!
    orangeboots likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

CPD
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    my job is hard ...I only locate one way tickets.....gas . I do feel bad for you guys that do 9 way tickets ...YIKES !!!
    Haha... Those days are over with 9way locates for me. Glad to be back home!!!
    yahoo likes this.