Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locator Wish List

Default Re: Locator Wish List

I think a key feature would be a jackass evaporator button however it might be prone to turn on me in a blink of an eye.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    a machine that locates plastic and metal and one that tells you that you got off on the wrong cable or line!!!!
    My thought on "one that tells you that you got off on the wrong cable or line" is two transmitters with a 'smart" receiver.

Hook the second transmitter which transmits on a different frequency to a likely to offend utility. The receiver can receive both frequencies simultaneously. The second freq will be dominant on the other utility. The receiver screens out the more powerful second frequency and with it the less powerful bleed over from your primary frequency. The result is the receiver ignores the bleed over utility. The second transmitter is single frequency with just an off / on switch and can be made very light, no more than an 810 transmitter if that much. It is an occasional use transmitter and can use lighter batteries. If direct access of other utilities is an issue, some utility firms do not want you connecting to their plant, then an induction mode antenna would serve well.

The Vivax receiver weighs just over 6 1/2 pounds ( 6 pounds, 9 & 1/2 ounces) and if capacity keeps getting added we may need receivers with wheels on them.

Man, what caused your left arm to shrivel up?
    My left arm is normal, my right arm is over developed from lugging around a Vivax.

Or you could just use a pipehorn and locate everything

Years of Experience

Dude, you keep saying that. I wish it was that easy. We can't locate everybody else's crap without getting dinged. Some of us have to be able to differentiate between each individual service. I use 5 or 6 different paint colors on the same locate at times. It would be nice just to paint every signal the same and hope it's good.

Years of Experience

A Sherpa, Rent A Bum, or an Illegal Alien to carry my Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12