Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Is a locator position for the younger worker?

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Is a locator position for the younger worker?

Cheap boots and tighty whiteys 4 me for the last 15+ years. No problems so far. Guess I'm lucky. I'll bet that micro fiber would save my back and shoulders the nasty heat rash I get each summer tho.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    I'll bet that micro fiber would save my back and shoulders the nasty heat rash I get each summer tho.
    Greetings daman1! Try some of these:

I own six of these soft, comfortable microfibers; white short sleeve with a pocket. These longtails are 3" longer than a regular T-shirt and completely hide my plumbers crack. It can be a brutal 100° summer afternoon and I'll stay cool and dry! These microfibers are amazing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings daman1! Try some of these:

** Unbeknownst to everyone, Wing's Retirement plan is based on the futures of Goodyear tires and Microfiber clothing **

I own six of these soft, comfortable microfibers; white short sleeve with a pocket. These longtails are 3" longer than a regular T-shirt and completely hide my plumbers crack. It can be a brutal 100° summer afternoon and I'll stay cool and dry! These microfibers are amazing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Unbeknownst to everyone, Wing's Retirement plan is based on the futures of Goodyear tires and Microfiber clothing **
    Enjoythefall, UULC and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

This summer I found some shirts at Shopko made out of 100% polyester. I thought I would give it a try. It made a huge difference. I went back the next day and bought 3 more. Polyester beats cotton t-shirts hands down. Maybe this summer I will give the microfibers a try. I'll never go back to cotton t's when I'm out locating. Well, unless it's past laundry day and I'm just too lazy, but you know what I'm sayin'.
    Wingfoot likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    This summer I found some shirts at Shopko made out of 100% polyester. I thought I would give it a try. It made a huge difference. I went back the next day and bought 3 more. Polyester beats cotton t-shirts hands down. Maybe this summer I will give the microfibers a try. I'll never go back to cotton t's when I'm out locating. Well, unless it's past laundry day and I'm just too lazy, but you know what I'm sayin'.
    Polyesters great, but if you work around electrical equipment you have to have 100% cotton or other fire resistant materials...... Or so our safety department says.

mke

Years of Experience

Those of you scoffers out there, even those who go Commando, don't know what you are missing until you wear the comfortable, microfiber boxer-briefs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I guess it's all the time in the Army... Never been a powder puffer...

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Polyesters great, but if you work around electrical equipment you have to have 100% cotton or other fire resistant materials...... Or so our safety department says.

mke
    I was told once pilots in the Marine corps always wore 100% cotton underwear . In case of a cockpit fire they didn't want plastic meting to their boys
    superman likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

For the first 40 years I was a tydee whitey guy and didn't have to powder or got swamp ass either. That is even with a 10 years of service in the Marines. Hated boxers and the way they bunched up. I grew up in the 70's ad our jeans didn't give much room to have bunched up boxers nor did i wear them halfway down my ass. I am no longer in shape. the drive weave tops drive me nuts. For them to work properly they have to hug the skin and wick the moisture away for your body. I feel like I am putting on a size small shirt over an XL body. I feel like a stuffed sausage, being 200 lbs now. Have tried a few of those spandex & micro fiber boxer briefs. Again I fell like I am stuffing my self into them and a little more hugging than I like. maybe I just have a flat old white boy butt. I do not like boxer briefs hugging my thighs, so I g with boxer trunks.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    For the first 40 years I was a tydee whitey guy and didn't have to powder or got swamp ass either. That is even with a 10 years of service in the Marines. Hated boxers and the way they bunched up. I grew up in the 70's ad our jeans didn't give much room to have bunched up boxers nor did i wear them halfway down my ass. I am no longer in shape. the drive weave tops drive me nuts. For them to work properly they have to hug the skin and wick the moisture away for your body. I feel like I am putting on a size small shirt over an XL body. I feel like a stuffed sausage, being 200 lbs now. Have tried a few of those spandex & micro fiber boxer briefs. Again I fell like I am stuffing my self into them and a little more hugging than I like. maybe I just have a flat old white boy butt. I do not like boxer briefs hugging my thighs, so I g with boxer trunks.
    Semper Fi, brother man. 0331 for life!

Years of Experience

Come on jayc - second notice and I follow the belief of our 'Duck Dynasty' brother Phil Robertson, "It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

And yes, jayc, I used one bottle of baby powder when I first started locating 17 years ago. When that bottle was gone, I used corn starch every day until I discovered the microfiber boxer-briefs. Yes sir! I started every day looking like a snow flake before I pulled up my tighty whities and made gravy by day's end. I never took the time to re-powder the part that puckers after my daily dump at work so the "Swamp Ass" flared up instantly. I carried Boudreaux’s Butt Paste to butter up the red only when it was too painful to walk. I still have a tube of Butt Paste in my truck's glove box that's five years old. I've never had to use it since wearing my microfiber boxer-briefs!

Those of you scoffers out there, even those who go Commando, don't know what you are missing until you wear the comfortable, microfiber boxer-briefs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dude! That's some of the funniest shit I've ever read here and pretty grotesque also!!!!
    Wingfoot and second notice like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by Murphbabe View Post
    I've got less than ten years to retirement. Is a locator position good for an older worker? I'm not as fast, strong, or good looking as I once was. I probably can't lift 75 lbs, enjoy all kinds of weather, work well with minimum supervision, and walk as a Security Officer 1- 6 miles per 8 hour shift.
    Well Murph...... I hope all this has helped show what you will become one day. My advice, retire if you can afford it. I wish an irritable pucker valve on nobody.
    Wingfoot, second notice and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    Well Murph...... I hope all this has helped show what you will become one day. My advice, retire if you can afford it. I wish an irritable pucker valve on nobody.

This retired couple was walking recently in Orange County, California. Thank God they weren't running! This geezer is a firm believer in the micro-fiber boxer-briefs. No worries about an irritable pucker valve or crotch rot for him! When the micro-fiber boxer-briefs are this enjoyable, who needs pants? He may also be sporting a sleeveless, micro-fiber t-shirt for maximum comfort!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234