Thread: Locator out of Calibration ???

Default Locator out of Calibration ???

You all seen this video , Right?

What about the dude throwing flags in like darts, How does he do that - mine hit the ground & bounce back!

What about all that Metal taped to his locator, Look carefully, if Im not wrong he has all his flags & paint wand taped to the locator - Right where the antennas live , Ghosting that goes everywhere you do !!!

That is really dumb, Why would you bother to calibrate your locator, I tested this and with a paint wand & two bunches of flags held next to my RD4000 it Nulled out at 3" off the target, & the target was only 12" deep, Error is more the deeper you go !!!

That would be my business on the line if I did it !! & this is in a Company Video !!!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Locator out of Calibration ???

I think instead he is carrying both in the same hand while he throws his flags. At 1:07 in the video you see the same locator going through some tall grass carrying the paint stick in his right hand and his locator in his left. You can see his stick is all taped up.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Yea, looks like he's just holding his paint stick and receiver together so he can flag.

I've actually met a couple of the guys in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I think instead he is carrying both in the same hand while he throws his flags. At 1:07 in the video you see the same locator going through some tall grass carrying the paint stick in his right hand and his locator in his left. You can see his stick is all taped up.
    I stand Corrected, I had to look twice & its what I saw, I guess if it were the case his left arm would be the size of the Governor of California's

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

darting flags was one of the first things I figure out.... on georgia red clay.... you'll have cases where you can't get them in the ground period...

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

As a ride along and the techs flag bitch, flicking the flags in is one of the first things you learn. It is all in the wrist