Thread: Livin' the dream!

Default Livin' the dream!

A person shouldn't be allowed to have this much fun with their clothes on! So its days like this that I love being a locator. I started my day with 20 tickets due before noon four of which were due at 10 that had a total of 20 lots in this gated community for re-doing sewer. Now when I say gated communtity, yes it has a fence all the way around it and a security gate with guards. Don't let it fool you. It is a 4000 lot trailer park in which the primary income I believe is Meth Manufacturing. This is one of those places where you can pull your pop up camper onto a lot drop a meter next to it, put up a mailbox and call it home. Then your free to throw your used needles all over the yard. Quite a lovely community. So i'm locating the hell out of this rear easment and its starts pissing a flood for a good hour. I had no chocie but to keep working since i'm all about the COTP!!!! I pull up to this phone ped that had blankets drapped on it and near it, like I said its raining... hard. So I just throw them on the ground with the others. This guys walks out of his trailer and proceeds to apologize to me for the blankets. Then he tells me they got bed bugs really bad so they had to throw it all outside. Now at one time I had a Rycom, 2 RD400 recievers and transmitters. I went over seas with the military and when I came back they give me a split box and one RD 400 trans and reciev. So on this rainy day i'm sitting here with no equipment and a laptop that is now bleeding to death....

Years of Experience

In my area everyone only has one piece of equiptment. It is pretty wierd seeing in all the training they stressed if you're having trouble try a different piece of equiptment. Most of us used to have two different locators but in the last year or so they've slowly taken away all the extra equiptment to give to trainees.

I have thought about buying a Pipehorn for a backup but don't want to spend my own money for a piece of locating equiptment.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    In my area everyone only has one piece of equiptment. It is pretty wierd seeing in all the training they stressed if you're having trouble try a different piece of equiptment. Most of us used to have two different locators but in the last year or so they've slowly taken away all the extra equiptment to give to trainees.

I have thought about buying a Pipehorn for a backup but don't want to spend my own money for a piece of locating equiptment.
    Only the most senior techs gets 2 pcs. of equipment here.... until it breaks
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Only the most senior techs gets 2 pcs. of equipment here.... until it breaks

Beyond Help:

So, 2 pieces of equipment where the heck do you put them?

Considering the amount of other stuff we have to carry around is the vehicle pretty crowded?

Course those new Hummers I heard you had must be REAL roomy!!

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Beyond Help:

So, 2 pieces of equipment where the heck do you put them?

Considering the amount of other stuff we have to carry around is the vehicle pretty crowded?

Course those new Hummers I heard you had must be REAL roomy!!
    Don't tell anyone about the hummer. I just jam it in the back of the extended cab.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

you know .........as i ponder....living the dream..gated community deep in the trailer park...........dude yes i do agree there is no other way to enjoy what we do .....

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Don't tell anyone about the hummer. I just jam it in the back of the extended cab.
    We have ford rangers, not too bad but I certainly would have no room for anything more. Am going to take Goldenboys idea of an organized box in the back & put a lid on it, then put my Metrotech on top. Give me more storage room.

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    We have ford rangers, not too bad but I certainly would have no room for anything more. Am going to take Goldenboys idea of an organized box in the back & put a lid on it, then put my Metrotech on top. Give me more storage room.
    That's pretty much what I have done.

Years of Experience

I only carry two an RD4000 and a Pipe Horn 800

Hell, we don't have 2 pieces of extra equipment at the office much less in the field! Cheap #@$%^!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.