Thread: Linder lake

Years of Experience

Default Linder lake

I see this company on locatorjob.com quite often, i was wondering if anybody could tell me a little anything about this company.

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Linder lake

With LinderLake you have to use your own vehicle, cell phone, lap top and have all your own tools. They pay you by the day and that covers your fuel, per deim and everything else. You have no insurance, have to use your vehicle insurance and no paid days off.

I am sure you get the picture.

Yvette McGrath ymcgrath@linderlake.com is the HR person.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    With LinderLake you have to use your own vehicle, cell phone, lap top and have all your own tools. They pay you by the day and that covers your fuel, per deim and everything else. You have no insurance, have to use your vehicle insurance and no paid days off.

I am sure you get the picture.

Yvette McGrath ymcgrath@linderlake.com is the HR person.
    My question is what does it pay etc , any guesses ?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    My question is what does it pay etc , any guesses ?

that is what id like to know!

Years of Experience
    30+

About $200 a day. Everything come out of that. Food, fuel, phone bill and living expenses.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    About $200 a day. Everything come out of that. Food, fuel, phone bill and living expenses.
    sounds like they treat you as a sub-contractor or self employed. Give you a 1099 at the end of the year instead of the W-2. Which makes you responsible for taking out the taxes. Here in the winter and no work can a self employed person collect unemployment? At $200 a day figure $60 of that in taxes, $35-40 in fuel. i would never do more than a 8 hour day. Even with that, that is less than $14 an hour and a lot of mileage on your own vehicle. Not alone what happens if you get in an accident?

Years of Experience
    30+

You are a 1099 employee. You have to let your ins co know you are using your vehicle for work and then your ins increases. You can deduct mileage and fuel from taxes. You can deduct just about everything. I have a couple of friends who work for them and some days they only work 3 hrs. It just depends where you work. Both of them only locate one utility and it is a long haul fiber.

Years of Experience

Is it worth it though????

Years of Experience

I sent them my resume , they called one time of course since i work nites i didnt answer the phone , called them back and emailed them again . And habent heard from them since . Guess i aint good enough for them being old and all....lol

Years of Experience
    30+

Union_YES I guess you need to weigh what you would be paid and your expenses. Everything is negotiable. It is up to each individual how the money works out for you.

I will say if something would open up here in my town I would negotiate with them and see where it went but I would not drive 60 miles to get to the area.

Years of Experience
    30+

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    I sent them my resume , they called one time of course since i work nites i didnt answer the phone , called them back and emailed them again . And habent heard from them since . Guess i aint good enough for them being old and all....lol
    I have been offered a job twice. Both were out of state. One was a 12 month contract and the other was 18 months. You had to live in a motel during that time and the money WAS good but I did not want to be away from my home.

I worked for Linderlake back in 2000-2001. If you're young with nothing holding you down, go for it.See the country. Living in a motel gets pretty old, but, I got to see L.A, San Diego, the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains and Chicago during that time.That wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't have worked for them.I don't know if it's worth it if you have bills back home at the same time.