Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lets face it SM&P bought CLS...

Years of Experience
    na

Default Lets face it SM&P bought CLS...

Everything has that SM&P twist to it...

All the changes are about moving toward the SM&P model...

Its sad but true...

Not trying to promote this as a negative...

It wont help the ss minnow anyway...

Ps anyone notice translore expires 7/31

OOHH MMEEE OOOHH MMMYYY!!!!
    Last edited by USIC1; June 30th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Lets face it SM&P bought CLS...

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post

Ps anyone notice translore expires 7/31
    Translore is junk anyway...sidewalk chalk would be better than Translore.

It would figure that sm&p would take the lead after all the guy who is the president is from sm&p. I do have a question to any one at sm&p what kind of health insurance do you have? We are getting BSBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky219 View Post
    It would figure that sm&p would take the lead after all the guy who is the president is from sm&p. I do have a question to any one at sm&p what kind of health insurance do you have? We are getting BSBC.
    We have BCBS Anthem in Texas-pretty standard 80/20 and a choice of 2 deductibles. This is a PPO policy.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

i've heard some pretty good things about sm'p....everything else is about the same as all other locating comps. right?????

wow, we use translore too....i dont care for it at all.

i hear cls is suppose to be going to sm&p c-4 by the end of the month. i know q manager from utiliquest/sts is easy as h**l to operate

Years of Experience

I just wonder if they ever resticker our trucks to USIC what the contractors will come up with. We all know that SM&P is Spray More Paint and CLS is Can't Locate Sh&t. What will USIC be.

Years of Experience

Who knows United States Idiot Convention

umm...

Utilities Sinking In Crap???

Best I can think of...
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I just wonder if they ever resticker our trucks to USIC what the contractors will come up with. We all know that SM&P is Spray More Paint and CLS is Can't Locate Sh&t. What will USIC be.
    I had already voted for "U sic Bastards"
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Question Re: Lets face it SM&P bought CLS...

I find it real interesting that you all show up for work each day, collect your paychecks on Friday and yet you appear to hate your jobs. If you truely believe that the combining of the two largest and most respected companies is a bad thing then I suggest that you go find a job at a fast food joint where they don't know the first thing about quality or customer service.

I for one think that the combining of the two companies is a good thing. Yes CHANGE is hard but in the long run CHANGE in inevitable. (Just ask the Clintons)

I have not seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe that the combined companies will be SM&P, or CLS all I know is that I am proud to be a DAMAGE PREVENTION TECHNICIAN.

The two companies are gelling together under the USIC header but for the time being remaining individual (with the exception of IL & IN).

I have heard so much bad mouthing of both companies that it is almost as if you are all back in fourth grade again fighting on the playground over who gets the kick ball.

You all need to grow up, decide if this field is the correct field / career for you and go from there.

Locatorforlife,

I have one comment & two suggestions for you.

Comment...
    Everyone on this site (well, at least the ones that post, can't speak for the lurkers) is proud to be a locator & love what we do & take pride in it. We complain about the things that are wrong with the industry that we love.

Suggestions...

1-Go back & really read our posts. Some of the guys are misguided in the postings, but with a community of this size you're going to get that. But in large you will see that pride in our work is the single biggest common ground between us all.

2-Get a dose of reality. There are issues that need to be addressed in the industry. SM&P & CLS are far from perfect and far from being universally respected. That is not bashing them, it's being honest. They have warts, all companies of that size do. In large, we talk about the issues that bother us. Again some of us go off topic from time to time and/or go too far. That because we are passionate about what we do & want to feel that the leaders of our industry care as much as we do, which does not always happen.

If our complaining bothers you. Don't read the forums. Or go back to your meetings and try to start the changes that are needed. Either/or I don't care.

Now I'm taking my ball home because I don't want to play with you anymore...
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Quote Originally Posted by frostypeters View Post
    Locatorforlife,

I have one comment & two suggestions for you.

Comment...
    Everyone on this site (well, at least the ones that post, can't speak for the lurkers) is proud to be a locator & love what we do & take pride in it. We complain about the things that are wrong with the industry that we love.

Suggestions...

1-Go back & really read our posts. Some of the guys are misguided in the postings, but with a community of this size you're going to get that. But in large you will see that pride in our work is the single biggest common ground between us all.

2-Get a dose of reality. There are issues that need to be addressed in the industry. SM&P & CLS are far from perfect and far from being universally respected. That is not bashing them, it's being honest. They have warts, all companies of that size do. In large, we talk about the issues that bother us. Again some of us go off topic from time to time and/or go too far. That because we are passionate about what we do & want to feel that the leaders of our industry care as much as we do, which does not always happen.

If our complaining bothers you. Don't read the forums. Or go back to your meetings and try to start the changes that are needed. Either/or I don't care.

Now I'm taking my ball home because I don't want to play with you anymore...

I applaud you ColdPrick.....I mean FrostyPeters.
    I think if everyone would read these posts, they can see exactly what you are saying.

There are a lot of caring people here on this forum. As well as the occasional lost soul that just wants to read his own misguided thoughts.

There is no company out there that isn't covered in warts. The best we can all hope for is that the one we work for is making an appointment with a dermitoligist to have them removed.
    Everyone should keep in mind.... like us, every company is trying to earn a paycheck. In order to do this, they have to attempt to get the most out of their employees. Some managers are good at doing this and maintaining positive relations with their employees, some are not so good.

I was just turned on to a very good concept..... manage upward. Sometimes, you have to manage your manager to get the results you are looking for. I am researching these techniques & putting them to use with some success. I am sure that as I get better at this, my job will get better as well.

I think PowerSweep and, FrostyPeter are right. But in reading the posts over the last 12 months I have read allot of complaints but no solutions to the problems. We all know that there are upper management on here and that they read these posts. How about instead of complaining about the problems, which exist in all industry, you start recommending some legitimate, plausible changes. Remember these changes can only start if they are brought to your local level and they start with YOU.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast