Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last locate for USIC

Smile Last locate for USIC

I just completed my last locate for USIC. For now on I locate for my own company. A few years ago myself and 2 partners started a private utility and leak locating company. We now have 2 contracts Metro Communications Company and the Wind Farm's in IL. Our company has expanded into the drop bury and fiber optic splicing side of the business. I start a fiber splicing contract in southern Indiana on the 17th and knowing I will never have to deal with that hell hole of a company ever again brings tears of pure joy to my eye, and it feels like a new world.

p.s. Our company is in negotiations and if it works out all I can say is LOOK OUT USIC,
    Now, what the ---- did I do with that ped wrench???????????

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Last locate for USIC

Congrats Overspray,

I hope all youendeavorsrs work out. USIC is one sorry place to work. I wish you the best.

congrats

Years of Experience

Congrats and good luck on your future ventures. It's sounds like you have the right idea with doing multiple different things so if one slows down hopefully the others stays active.

Years of Experience

Congrats, it feels good doesn't it

Yes it does feel good, and thank all for the kind words and support. Monday is the start of a new chapter and it does make me nervous. As bad as USIC was it was a security blanket, now I have to make my company work.. no worries though it is slowly growing enough for 3 full time workers and by next dig season I hope to add 4-6 more.

For all of you guys still at USIC it was a real pleasure working with you guys in IL and IN. As far as the locators go, and as far as the supervisors go my sup was great to work for and I wish him the best.. but for those poor locators to the north of me......I am sorry that you have to deal with that sorry excuse of a supervisor(you know hew I am talking about).

Just a thought on the talk of union, you do not need a union to organize, all you have to do is for every locator to just follow the rules that usic makes to the T. never drive over the speed limit, take a million pics,write a book for each locate, double access every h.p. locate, go to every ticket even if you know it is clear etc...... a month of this and they will see what it really takes and they will give you better wages or will be forced to hire twice as many locators......just a thought.
    Now, what the ---- did I do with that ped wrench???????????

Awesome!!

Years of Experience

good luck with your new job !!!! hope things work out !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Best of luck in all of your new endeavors! There are few things in this world as satisfying as leaving an abusive relationship. Don't ever look back.

Good for you pal, I wish I had a plan other than waiting for something better to come along. I started out in this biz with paper tickets and a pager, where a not marked drop would get you you fired. I would be willing to take a leap and help grow your business.

Best of luck to you, you just left the worst company in the locate industry (by a large margin).. I wish you well.

Lightbulb Re: Last locate for USIC

For all of you guys still at USIC it was a real pleasure working with you guys in IL and IN. As far as the locators go, and as far as the supervisors go my sup was great to work for and I wish him the best.. but for those poor locators to the north of me......I am sorry that you have to deal with that sorry excuse of a supervisor(you know hew I am talking about).

What did the supervisor for USIC ever do to you that you would say such a thing? As far as I know the guys up North don't seem to have any complaints now that all the lazy people are gone. Those of us that did a good job received the bonus and we get to write our own checks until the end of the dig season with pretty much all the OT we can handle. That is pretty cool considering winter is coming. We should all be thankful that we have jobs in the first place and not think that we all are entitled to things just because we breath air. We are in a very competitve industry and now there is one more small company trying to underbid everyone so they can have a piece of the pie. I applaud you on taking steps to start your own business, but how did you get there? You used CLS, ELM, and USIC to get there. You are like a kid who came from humble beginings forgetting about where he grew up. You curse the company that fed your kids and clothed your back. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    What did the supervisor for USIC ever do to you that you would say such a thing? As far as I know the guys up North don't seem to have any complaints now that all the lazy people are gone. Those of us that did a good job received the bonus and we get to write our own checks until the end of the dig season with pretty much all the OT we can handle. That is pretty cool considering winter is coming. We should all be thankful that we have jobs in the first place and not think that we all are entitled to things just because we breath air. We are in a very competitve industry and now there is one more small company trying to underbid everyone so they can have a piece of the pie. I applaud you on taking steps to start your own business, but how did you get there? You used CLS, ELM, and USIC to get there. You are like a kid who came from humble beginings forgetting about where he grew up. You curse the company that fed your kids and clothed your back. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Well put Old Timer, well put.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Spoken like true USIC management there Old Timer.

I speak the TRUTH! If we ever were to visit a country outside the US it would hopefully wake us up and make us realize why we live in the greatest country in the world. We would stop complaining about every little thing and we would be greatful and thankful to have food on the table, a roof over our heads, and a little money in our pockets. All I hear on this forum is complaining about the job that they have and the company sucks. Then when they leave to go work somewhere else they think the grass is greener but I can tell you that the only difference will be the view. You have got to change the attitude not the geography. Problems don't dissappear when you move they just follow you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast