Thread: Labor Day Weekend...

Years of Experience
    na

Default Labor Day Weekend...

What a fitting weekend to treat my self to a little extra $ by showing up for damn I forgot!!!

Oh thats right labor-

Anyone else???

Years of Experience

Default Re: Labor Day Weekend...

Me too..........althought the extra $ I will not see.........
    "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird"

Hey.........pull my finger!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

i will certainly enjoy my labor day weekend one i'm sure i'll never forget.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I'm enjoying this one since I worked the last 2 holiday weekends.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

I'm on-call. Kinda sucks but I'll take the overtime.

Years of Experience

Right now I'm sitting in a Marriott Hotel in Pomona California. I am one of a group of 48 providing race tire service for this weekend's NASCAR Nationwide & Sprint Cup race @ Fontana California. It's great to be a part of a fraternity called racing. It's a family as close as my family at home and the locating fraternity at TheVine.

Every Goodyear trip lets me enjoy the time with buddies I've known for years (Pimp Daddy, Future Management, Oklahoma Joe, Little Joe, Cali Joe, Campy, One-eye, Juice, Crab, Beaver, Cowboy, Asian Mike, Penguin, Uncle Marvin, L7, Snappy, B-Rad, Sponge Bob, Buttercup, the "New" Robby, the "Sheep Herders", the "Tree Huggers", the "Arkansas 2", the "Amigos" and many more) and to meet new faces @ every race.

This race already has created memories that will stay with me for many years. My presence on the West Coast means I represent my Mid-West race tire distributor and I am continually monitored by my peers. My actions, good and bad, (mostly bad) are reported by my peers to my boss, David, of the Mid-West distributor. It's all in fun, but it does get brutal. David does not like news reporters. Saturday morning, during one of our heavy tire mounting sessions, a reporter for the San Bernardino News singled me out and interviewed me for 10 minutes while all my buddies were busting their ass in our 100+ degree work area. My buddies text messaged their reports to David moments after that mounting session was done and continued throughout the day. By the end of the day, my time with the reporter was embellished to 25 minutes and I was being filmed for a national news story! Oh Boy!

Steve McQueen is my favorite actor. I worked with a guy, Robert, at this race who I met for the first time. Robert was a single, young man working for Carroll Shelby when Steve McQueen's movie "Bullitt" was being filmed. Steve McQueen did most of his driving scenes. Carroll made 2 Mustangs for the movie and Robert mounted the tires on the American Racing mag wheels for the 2 cars. Robert said Steve McQueen just wanted to be treated like a regular guy. Steve didn't like the groupies and media attention that was always around him. McQueen raced a Jeep and motorcycle at Ascot Park, California. Racing eats tires alive which meant McQueen was a regular at the tire shop. Robert shared stories to me for 2 hours about Steve McQueen, James Garner, Dan Blocker, Mickey Thompson, Bobby Unser Sr., Tommy and Dick Smothers, the Bonneville Slat Flats, Andy Granatelli and the #40 Turbine Car and many other people and situations.

I look forward to all my races that I work. My wife lets me go because the money is good and she gets it all! I really don't care. I have so much fun, that I'd do this part-time job for free!