Thread: Just a Rant

Default Just a Rant

Just a Rant.

Ok so I left CLS in July of 2007 to go work for a CATV / FP&L utility contractor doing layout work. Money was great but after the takeover by Comcast from Adelphia things started to go south real fast. At that time I wish I never left the Utility Locating Field but I was looking out for my family and the money was better. I guess we all make mistakes in our lives, and this is one that will haunt me for a long time. I miss in a sense working for myself, routing and doing what had to be done. Now with all the layoffs and such it will take some time for me to get back into it. I will however keep my head up and continue to look forward to going back if they will have me. Times are tough, and if I have to say one thing now is not the time to look for another job. Believe me I have been looking since August of 2007 and there is noting that pays well to support 2 boys and a wife, Thank god for her job but it is a tough time.

Regards Born Annoyed

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just a Rant

Good Luck to ya Born......look into one of the many Fla. SUE firms.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

You could not have foreseen that coming, you did what you felt was the right move at the time. Times are tough that's for sure, hope you find something soon.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Quote Originally Posted by 6feetunder View Post
    You could not have foreseen that coming, you did what you felt was the right move at the time. Times are tough that's for sure, hope you find something soon.
    Hey thanks I'm sure I find something or just spend the kids colledge cash

Years of Experience

i'm sure it was a good move at the time for your family so with that said .....there is no job security no matter which way you go in life.....hang in there dude....i really hope things work out for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! one day at a time!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i'm sure it was a good move at the time for your family so with that said .....there is no job security no matter which way you go in life.....hang in there dude....i really hope things work out for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! one day at a time!!!
    Thanks. Thank god my wife has great job or we would be on the streets so to speak

Default Re: Just a Rant Update

I was told by CLS that I am not rehireable No damages no problems I mean WTF. No one in South FL is hiring at this time, and what I have applied for I'm told I am "over qualified" So if anyone knows any one hiring please let me know. I'm at the point I need to work "Period"

Marc W...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Born_Annoyed View Post
    If anyone knows any one hiring please let me know.

Marc W...
    LocatorJobs.com

---------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

I was told by CLS that I am not rehireable No damages no problems I mean WTF. No one in South FL is hiring at this time, and what I have applied for I'm told I am "over qualified" So if anyone knows any one hiring please let me know. I'm at the point I need to work "Period"

Marc W...
    i'm assuming you are serious???? did you try sts/utiliquest??? you are wanting to be a locater???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Marc W...
    There are 3 or for SUE companies hiring locators down there in Fl right now as well. TBE has posting right now.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Post’s #8 #9 and #10

Post #8 I have looked and have applied from locatorjobs.com to no avail.

Post # 9 Yes I want to be in the field as a tech. I would not want to be management at this time. I had been locating for some time now.

Post#10 I will look into TBE I’m going to google it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i'm assuming you are serious???? did you try sts/utiliquest??? you are wanting to be a locater???
    Yea I have applied to STS/Utiliquest and never hears anything back.

And i have been a utility locater since 2006 doing 4 ways

I hope everything turns out for you, Born.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

BA - This is the best time of the year to be looking for a locator job! Ticket counts are exploding nationwide! CLS just posted 3 listings for locators in Florida! (just type in keyword "locator") 2+ years of experience in a 4-way area does carry a certain amount of clout.

Would you consider relocating? The midwest is always accepting locators with experience. USIC/SM&P/CLS area supervisors in Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Wichita, Kansas City and St Louis would definitely make room for any experienced locator. I guess the question is, "How deep are your Florida roots?" I wish you the best...........

-------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; March 27th, 2009 at 06:37 AM.

Years of Experience

Marc W...

Not trying to step on Steves toes but I live in south Fla. And I have seen ads for premis tec's with AT&T and comcast. they may not be instant money makers but with time comes money. Unfortunatley I can not physically do these type of jobs right now but rest assurred when I can these are the two places I will be looking at first..............
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID