Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's official. It's dig season again.

Years of Experience

Default Re: It's official. It's dig season again.

It's Wednesday morning. My area is not very vast as compared to most, but since last Friday, I have completed locates for 13 fence tickets. I have 7 more fence tickets due by Thursday night. I get fence tickets all the time, but never 20 in one week.

Fence tickets, as a rule, are not that bad. Especially the jobs that are getting their very first fence. But it seems like I have been mostly doing the ones that are replacing existing, dilapidated fences on corner lots; utilities on 3 sides - DOGS in neighboring yards - dog shit in every yard - inquisitive neighbors - neighbors having locked gates - bullshit to maneuver around and through on both sides of the fences to get accurate paint on the ground.

The most challenging job I've done so far this week was a house on the end of a cul-d-sac that had an existing fence on a large, seven sided yard with utilities weaving through six sides - all six neighbors sharing the same fence had their own fenced in yards - I used 2 and a half cans of orange paint and most of a full can of red to mark the telephone, TV and power lines in conflict.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    It's Wednesday morning. My area is not very vast as compared to most, but since last Friday, I have completed locates for 13 fence tickets. I have 7 more fence tickets due by Thursday night. I get fence tickets all the time, but never 20 in one week.

Fence tickets, as a rule, are not that bad. Especially the jobs that are getting their very first fence. But it seems like I have been mostly doing the ones that are replacing existing, dilapidated fences on corner lots; utilities on 3 sides - DOGS in neighboring yards - dog shit in every yard - inquisitive neighbors - neighbors having locked gates - bullshit to maneuver around and through on both sides of the fences to get accurate paint on the ground.

The most challenging job I've done so far this week was a house on the end of a cul-d-sac that had an existing fence on a large, seven sided yard with utilities weaving through six sides - all six neighbors sharing the same fence had their own fenced in yards - I used 2 and a half cans of orange paint and most of a full can of red to mark the telephone, TV and power lines in conflict.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Damn Wing...

I sure don't miss those rear easements. Only fence jobs I grumble about now are the perimeter pasture fences that run along the roadways...usually for a couple miles
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Wing, you just need to move on down to the DFW area. Very few Zero lot lines here. And considering all of the employees we are getting ready to lose to Heath and Consolidated, you will get all the O.T. you ever dreamed about.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Wing, you just need to move on down to the DFW area. You will get all the O.T. you ever dreamed about.
    Hey Buddy - You're not going to believe what's in store for us in the very near future............. Get your tackle box ready...........

--------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Damn Wing...

I sure don't miss those rear easements. Only fence jobs I grumble about now are the perimeter pasture fences that run along the roadways...usually for a couple miles
    Love that walking thru the chest high weeds and brush along the telephone route... first thing in the morning its nice and wet too..
    (May you live in interesting times)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Hey Buddy - You're not going to believe what's in store for us in the very near future............. Get your tackle box ready...........

--------------------------------------------------
    OK, you got my attention. PM me if you have some info I need to hear.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    30+

Watch out Wing has something in the works.

Years of Experience

Sorry guys - False alarm - It's a local thing - My bad.........

------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12