Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Incentive = Dedicated, quality employment.

Default Incentive = Dedicated, quality employment.

They need to give us an option to where if we don't get a single damage, in a 1 month period, we get an extra 100 or 200.00. With this incentive in place, less damages would occur, without a doubt. From what I understand it's been had, and removed, around here.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Incentive = Dedicated, quality employment.

I totally agree. There should be a bonus for going damage free. And each consecutive month the bonus would go up. It only makes sense. This way the locator actually has control of their own bonus. And if the locator goes damage free they are saving money by giving the bonus, a bonus is definately cheaper than paying for a damage.

I am 363 days damage free right now. If I go two more days I will get a gift card for $100.00. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I will accept the gift card with open arms but it just seems like a small amount for going damage free for a full year in a four way territory. I'd have to think on average it is more like 2 or 3 damages a year per locator so you'd just think the bonus would be a little more than $100.00. Remember I'm not saying it's not a nice gesture but think of the money saved going one year damage free.

Years of Experience

golden boy ...........good louisiana luck for you dude........

Years of Experience

scap..........don't give up on that dream................................scap as your friend...give up on that dream.........i have been waiting for that since i've been here.....don't listen to me...have a goal...and a voice..i'm waiting to see what usic says..........

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Golden:

Have been damage free for about 18 months now (touch wood).

I have not even got so much as a thank you let alone $100.00.

I agree, nice gesture but you would really think they might be able to come up with something more for a reward. But, I guess, no matter what they came up with, I suppose the odd person still might think it is not enough.

Last year our team was inundated with work and we were able to get it all done without any of the tickets going late. The big boss came in (he lives in another city) and gave several of us $50.00 gift certificates to HOME DEPOT. Well okay, nice gesture. I took it and was quite appreciative of the gift certificate. But $50.00 for making them tons of money with NO late tickets? I was a LITTLE disappointed.

Again though, nice gesture to show their appreciation.
    I suppose had it been $100.00, I would now be saying "come on $100.00 bucks." So I guess, management sometimes can never win.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I totally agree. There should be a bonus for going damage free. And each consecutive month the bonus would go up. It only makes sense. This way the locator actually has control of their own bonus. And if the locator goes damage free they are saving money by giving the bonus, a bonus is definately cheaper than paying for a damage.

I am 363 days damage free right now. If I go two more days I will get a gift card for $100.00. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I will accept the gift card with open arms but it just seems like a small amount for going damage free for a full year in a four way territory. I'd have to think on average it is more like 2 or 3 damages a year per locator so you'd just think the bonus would be a little more than $100.00. Remember I'm not saying it's not a nice gesture but think of the money saved going one year damage free.

For a year, I think an employee deserves a 2000,00.00 "Christmas Bonus" if you go an entire year with no damages.

But at least you got your benjamin.

Years of Experience

Just hit my 5 year anniversary with my locate company and scored me a check for $50 and a keychain with my name spelled incorrectly on the engraving. When I put things into perspective, 10 bucks for every year, I actually laughed out loud. They complain about the turnover rate and then when people actually hit milestones like that they reward them with a keychain? Unbelievable.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

The incentive/bone-us program is two fold for me. Yes, it's nice to have an added incentive to do my job correctly and better than anyone else. However, our job is to prevent damages, so really why should there be an incentive to do what they are already paying us for? That was just a thought that popped into my head, and I don't like that it did because I am soooo pro bone-us.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    They need to give us an option to where if we don't get a single damage, in a 1 month period, we get an extra 100 or 200.00. With this incentive in place, less damages would occur, without a doubt. From what I understand it's been had, and removed, around here.
    from a Management point of view, We've Finally put in place a Damage Incentive Program. The basic thought of Damage is You (the company) acrue for the damages monthly regardless if you have damages or not. In return if "we the company" have zero damages all the money acrued go back to the technicians and Supervisor...(Managers and upper management excluded). I personally like the D.I.A.P and helped create it. What cha think?

I know that SMP is going to re-vamp our bone-us program later this year, but I have wondered why the don't do an individual based program that uses the 4 main things we are judged by ; Production, Quality, On-time and Accidents. If those are the truly important things, then those are the components that should drive any bone-us program. Just a thought, but it would be nice to know your actions, basically the only ones you have any control over, are what drive your bone-us. Hopefully the new program will be a lot more beneficial than the current one - but I'm not holding my breath.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Trent3342 View Post
    from a Management point of view, We've Finally put in place a Damage Incentive Program. The basic thought of Damage is You (the company) acrue for the damages monthly regardless if you have damages or not. In return if "we the company" have zero damages all the money acrued go back to the technicians and Supervisor...(Managers and upper management excluded). I personally like the D.I.A.P and helped create it. What cha think?
    i know it won't mean much coming from me trent3342 but it sounds like a good program....

What are the pay outs? Does each tech recieve the same pay out? Do the techs that have a damage get excluded? When was your last pay out to the techs? Where are you guys located if I like what I hear I may come an apply and move to where ever you guys are located. Also how often are the pay outs, Monthly?

I worked or a company and got my 'Locator of the Moment' award. DVD player with memory card slot so I could show a slide show of all the nonsense I saw every day. 2 weeks later they fired me.

Years of Experience

dude ,,,,,,,,did you at least get to keep the dvd player......?????? hope the new job is working out for you....if they offer a dvd player to ya ......here's my address.....hang in there dude.....

That sounds excellent...Utiliquest should do something like this.
    Last edited by scap; July 14th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast