Thread: i see that usic is posting again for many jobs in areas where consolidated was.

Default i see that usic is posting again for many jobs in areas where consolidated was.

buy up a company get rid of everyone from that said company. **** up some more shit stayton. you ****ing tool. craig herrel too

Default Re: i see that usic is posting again for many jobs in areas where consolidated was.

Default Re: i see that usic is posting again for many jobs in areas where consolidated was.

Go Omers, Go Omers, rah rah!

I know we are losing at least 2 experienced Locators and possibly more. We had the least amount of turnover I can remember last year but that seems like it's getting ready to change.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Sorry to hear your losing experienced help again in your area. Maybe one day things will change

I see those Tennessee USIC jobs !

Always thought I d like to relocate to Tennessee...

Tempting... But no blood there...

Maybe a good spot to dump my crap claim residency and stick with OTR...

Eastern part that is... Knoxville ? Beautiful mountains... sort of centrally located in the US...

Undereducated hot barefoot mountain women ? BLONDS!?!? YEAH! Or is that a false stereotype? Would hope not.

No state income tax... Just need to buy the consumer goods out of state with that high sales tax...

Lots of big lakes in the east. Last of U.S. good water maybe ? That will matter in a decade... Global warming you know!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Oregon and Washington are hiring. Think about that UTILQ1. The mountains, skiing, fishing, boating. The coast and everything that comes with it.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Worked the Or coast, it was nice only problem was there was no help and I was on call 24-7 , 365 days a year. So what can you really do. The closest locator was 3 hours away

All the family live in the east.

So thats a high dollar commute.

Still gonna make the nationwide rounds just not trudging up an down hills with unknown facilities scattered amuk @ 50+.

I m gonna get there though... trust me on that... This is second half of life just getting underway...

I talked to a 49 yr old locator working Charlotte yesterday and was telling me about having to traverse alot of fences because of rear easement facilities. I said dude your almost 50 better watch yourself. He said he already has an embilical hernia that needs repaired. Of course the locate insurance sucks and he says he has to push on it every night when getting in to bed so it wont tear anymore. Lovely ehh!?

That folks is why I am making some changes to the lower impact occupations....

My prime Inc application is currently in the pipeline. Got the 2 yr Dot physical last week and submitted fingerprints awaiting TSA clearance for hazmat endorsement...still need twic though....

First stop may be Missouri for the ol'sic-one ! HA!

Years of Experience

Don't go to Knoxville... Gas company there has all plastic pipe with shredded tracer wire... all locates are done with measuring by service cards... although it does take the pressure off the locator in case something gets hit... kind of a no-brainer.. just get the address and the measurements right and poof... no at faults ever...

Thats funny UTIL I too will be going to Prime Inc. in May, studying for CDL now

Quote Originally Posted by sagedog View Post
    Thats funny UTIL I too will be going to Prime Inc. in May, studying for CDL now
    I found out today the only verification they are still waiting on is USIC! GO FIGURE!

I have that feeling this trucking adventure with OTR will turn out to be damn close to contract utility locating...

Over worked and underpaid, trying to make deadlines that become unrealistic, shortcuts that you have to sweat out etc etc yet we will have been groomed well in advance. Sit on the tush a little more to cover a larger area!!!HA!

The object in this case is to survive gathering the experience with an major OTR carrier, then there is a wider range of laid back alternatives after 2, 3 or so years unlike the contract locating which only increasingly sucks as more crap gets thrown in the ground with existing. Know improvement in locating device technology, and want the locate done yesterday...
    I figure I ll be shuttle busing in 10 yrs soaking up some legit municipal benefits. Thats why I want to get the ball rolling now... What does an old locator move on too? Hell everything is automated, and your not qualified for anything else once you conclude your million mile fate of the locators hamster wheel.

How bout all those SNI trucks in that yard that got wiped out by the tornados in Texas today!? I can picture diving out of a semi for a ditch on occasion skirting death.

Have nt been in the good life cross hairs so far. Although I did have a hot blond wife for 10yrs... yuk! yuk! yuk!

Last edited by UTILQ1; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

usic sux

Yep UTIL just get some OTR experience and go from there, maybe I'll see you in Missouri, I'm the one with orange shoes