Thread: hurricane IKE

Years of Experience

Default hurricane IKE

hey spray.............give us the low down????? heard that surge was going to be high!!!! they called us this morning and told us the surge was already up to 7 feet in the town of cameron la......
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: hurricane IKE

SSSHHHUUUSSSSHHH!!!!!!!!!

Maybe hes out in the gulf riding a porta john or something....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    hey spray.............give us the low down????? heard that surge was going to be high!!!! they called us this morning and told us the surge was already up to 7 feet in the town of cameron la......
    About the time you posted this a guy on the Dodge site I am on said Galveston was almost completely under water.
    So far no bad news about anyone I know down there tho.

Years of Experience

well after all this 75000 people in louisiana still don't have their power on since hurr. gustav......any one want to relocate to louisiana???? hey spray...you still alive...by the way thanks for the info phoenix
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Hey thanks for the concern guys, but no real problems in DFW some rain and 35-45 mph winds. Just saw Galveston on the tube - the beach areas were basically wiped out or under water. Downtown Houston had high water and lots of broken windows. The rest of the Houston area is basically with electricity - they said "millions" on the tube. Sure wouldn't want to be locating down there amongst all those overflowing bayous. The smell is sure to be horrible and then you have all kinds of dead and alive critters, including snakes, everywhere. Oh well, as long as the Cowboys beat the Beagles Monday nite, I'll be all right!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Oh well, as long as the Cowboys beat the Beagles Monday nite, I'll be all right!

I believe they are called the BENGALS......

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hubby's flight to LA was postponed again for the 3rd time! I am glad that he is home and wasn't down there for that.... but sure missing the paychecks. Yahoo... any word on when Baton Rouge might be online again? I can imagine that you are really busy right now. We have been getting rain.. rain ... rain... today we are suppose to be getting the effects of Ike... we have gone from flash flood warnings to just flood warnings. I hate rain!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsygirl View Post
    I believe they are called the BENGALS......

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hubby's flight to LA was postponed again for the 3rd time! I am glad that he is home and wasn't down there for that.... but sure missing the paychecks. Yahoo... any word on when Baton Rouge might be online again? I can imagine that you are really busy right now. We have been getting rain.. rain ... rain... today we are suppose to be getting the effects of Ike... we have gone from flash flood warnings to just flood warnings. I hate rain!
    No, we play the Philthydelphia Beagles Monday Night. BTW, in my previous post I meant to say there were"millions reported to be without electricity". Can you imagine how many pole replacement tickets there will be?

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Will you have to go down there & help out or is that not your service area?

Years of Experience

ot ot ot woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's going to be job security all the way till christmas!!!! hey gypsy.....most of baton rouge is back online but still alot of power out down that way mainly east baton rouge parish!!!!! guess i'll be heading to dfw soon to help out with poles working my way to houston doing poles for center point energy>??????

Years of Experience

yeah spray going to leave the comforts of dfw????? help a brother out in houston??? Godspeed to the recovery down that way????

Haven't heard anything about going to Houston or East Texas - yet. Hey Yahoo, we didn't have any damage to speak of here in DFW. I spoke to our on-call guy yesterday and he had no storm related call-outs. Our soon-to-be new customer, Oncor Electric, had about 110,000 outages in East Texas, but had put about 30 to 40,000 back on-line Sunday. BTW it's supposed to be clear with a 10-15 mph North breeze and a high of 84 today - Hello Fall!!