Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: Hurricane Florence clean up

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Hurricane Florence clean up

What you guys and gals in the areas of the destruction facing work wise in the damage repairs? Also how many out of state locators are being sent to the area? I am thinking normal work will have stopped. So the question is will there will be a slew of emergency locates that push the workload high above normal.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Hurricane Florence clean up

with what the media is saying , clean up is going to take years or more to resume a sense of normal . I would say there is going to be plenty of hiring locators in that area of the states.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    with what the media is saying , clean up is going to take years or more to resume a sense of normal . I would say there is going to be plenty of hiring locators in that area of the states.
    In the long run I expect some hiring of new locators. I know that short term a stopgap is needed. I am thinking multi-state locate companies need to transfer locators until new hires can be trained and get some experience.
    I have seen this with expansion into new business areas. These efforts have been way short on the estimate of time needed to get new hires trained and into the field resulting in contract threatening damage levels as well as losing money.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    In the long run I expect some hiring of new locators. I know that short term a stopgap is needed. I am thinking multi-state locate companies need to transfer locators until new hires can be trained and get some experience.
    I have seen this with expansion into new business areas. These efforts have been way short on the estimate of time needed to get new hires trained and into the field resulting in contract threatening damage levels as well as losing money.
    I agree ! I wonder what new techniques they are using these days to retain Locators ???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    I agree ! I wonder what new techniques they are using these days to retain Locators ???
    I haven't been able to work about two years now but I imagine nothing. When I left employers were not doing the tried and true. Things like regular pay raises, good vacation, sick leave, a good base rate of pay with increases with experience, pay for performance, damage free bonus. Instead I saw decreases like reduction of paid holidays and sick leave. Stagnant pay, no raises. As long as the owners think of locators as unskilled and expendable, we know the fallacy of that, this will continue.
    orangeboots and clips68 like this.