Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do pay raises work at USIC?

Default Re: How do pay raises work at USIC?

aint that a crock. and you never get a fair pay level either. a guy who gets offered 10 jobs in a year gets offered 10 raises, you average that out at 10 cents a raise a fellar could get a dollar a year.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4jw87 View Post
    i have been told that usic doesnt work by levels anymore. is this true? i asked about moving up a level and was told that the company doesnt do that anymore.
    They haven't for some time. I've been with these guys for 8 years, and while they talked about the whole Tech 1, Tech 2, etc stuff back when I was hired no one ever followed through on it. It meant more paperwork for the supervisors, DM's, and trainers and *gulp* more money towards the techs. Heck, after a few years of being listed as a trainee (despite being a lead tech & go to guy) I started making noise about taking the necessary tests to move up the locator ladder, but then my supervisor at the time (now my DM) comes outta left field and says I was hired in as a tech 3 since I had experience........except no one ever told me.

Before I stopped taking trainees and ride alongs, the one thing I strongly advised was that they stay on top of their money/raises with USIC management. Whatever raises they were told about I advised them to write those dates down and start asking question a few weeks in advance of those dates. The raise scenario would change by the training class but the end result was always the same - management would always hold out as long as possible.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

I have been marking Gas out here in DFW for almost 13 yrs. I dont work for USIC, but my pay sure as shit does not reflect my experience. I should be making more, but as usual, the office tends to screw ya whenever they can. Before Utiliquest left TX, I got a 50 cent raise. That was the first raise I had gotten in over 3 yrs. Funny thing is though. The guys that were doing the damage investigations (A couple of them anyways) got raises every year. And hell they dont even run tickets. Personally if you got guys and gals running tickets in the field and doing a good job of it, give them a good raise before all the ones who are not making any production.

Well I'll tell ya how they work. From me and the other guys discussing our raises this is what I have deducted. 5% cap. 1% off for a damage. 1% off for 2 "Safty alerts" AKA someone calling in your driving even if its totaly bogus because you live in a college town full of pomous bastages *Ahem*. 1% minimum if you totaly suck.

Its all done by a program really. The the DM and Supe just aproves the number.

what is the pay for a new laborer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12