Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do pay raises work at USIC?

Default How do pay raises work at USIC?

I know once you top out (I'd also like to know what top out pay is) your raises are like 1.5%, but what about for people who havent topped out?

I'm coming up on my 6 month mark and was told if I kept up my numbers up and stayed damage free I would get a raise at my 6 month evaluation.

My mentor had told me he got $1 every year he had been there (3 years). Then I found out they hired me in at 20cents more than his current pay so that sorta took the wind outa my sails.

Default Re: How do pay raises work at USIC?

you said it yourself. nobody knows. at my 6 month mark i was making a dollar more an hour than a guy who had been here for 2 years. he found out, asked for a raise, then was told no. he found another job a month later, then they wanted to give him a raise. this year they hired a guy in at a dollar an hour less than me and told him he would get a dollar raise in 6 months, thus him making what i make. there is no set raise scale to go by, no set hire rate. you get what your puppeteer wants to give you, and if you want a raise find another job. then they will want to give you more money to stay. then you get to make the decision to stay here and put up with the ot cuts, the rule changes, and the bs, or try your luck somewhere else. there are alot of pros to this job, but everyday the cons keep getting thought up by management.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I started at a locating company once. I had been locating for a few years but had never marked gas before. The guy training me had almost 10 years of experience and was locating gas for 2 of those years.

I was making $1 an hour more than he was. As he was teaching me how to locate gas.

This industry is stupid.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Basically, USIC raises are as little as they figure they can get away with. They tell so many lies to everyone no one knows what we will be getting year to year.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Who the hell knows anymore?
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Pay raises at USIC??? LOL!!!!!!

Dont get a damage and i mean not a single one! Sacrafice quality for quantity. crank out the tix per 8. Locate like you like riding under the bus and you'll get your raise! Got a d so next years is probly a no go! Thats how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    I know once you top out (I'd also like to know what top out pay is) your raises are like 1.5%, but what about for people who havent topped out?

I'm coming up on my 6 month mark and was told if I kept up my numbers up and stayed damage free I would get a raise at my 6 month evaluation.

My mentor had told me he got $1 every year he had been there (3 years). Then I found out they hired me in at 20cents more than his current pay so that sorta took the wind outa my sails.

LOL, you want know how the raises work??!! They don't , LOL.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Proably Still @ Work Cause You Cant Get Home

Pay raises are no such thing.. They give you your out of class raise and act like they forget about your 6month evaluation raise till 8 months later.. Then when it comes around to it they just stop with the raises all together. Because they think of nobody but there selves... I hope they go bankrupt so they can see for themselves how it feels to be bent over by the "man"

and they wont even spend money on ky

Here's how our have gone.
    6 month raises - never got them
    Level 1 locater raise - 25 cents
    1 year raise - never got it
    Year 2-3 no raises given
    Year 4 got 75 cents which now puts all of our 4 year techs at the same pay level as our new hires. What a crock

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post

I am confused. Your mentor been working for usic for 3 years and received $1 each year? In 2009 there was a raise freeze. Best i heard was a 3% (if you were lucky) and if he made $15 that would be a $0.45 raise. Is he related to the local DM? Did they ever get around to making out a TEch-2 test probably dragging their feet so you can not take it and get the $0.25-0.35 raise. In IL in late 2008 they bumped up everyone with a year or less to $13.95. That was CLS starting wage so they wanted all the new hires the same. Thinking they would do the same for tenured techs, boy was i wrong. tech with 18-24 month without a damage and production here the want it could be making more than techs from the old sm&p with 6 years in. Since CLS was enticing techs from sm&p they were paying experienced techs $2-4 more an hour. When my supervisor told us not the hate the player but the game i knew right there i would never catch up nor did my supervisor or DM had my back. If I am paid on the bottom third of my team, why call me when you have a difficult locate you want done right. Should go to the highest paid locators shouldn't their pay reflect their skills. So i moved on.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Should go to the highest paid locators shouldn't their pay reflect their skills. So i moved on.
    This. Yes.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

i have been told that usic doesnt work by levels anymore. is this true? i asked about moving up a level and was told that the company doesnt do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4jw87 View Post
    i have been told that usic doesnt work by levels anymore. is this true? i asked about moving up a level and was told that the company doesnt do that anymore.
    It's true, it's true. Now they just want to get everyone to a similar pay level based on time in??!!
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast