Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How about some white paint !

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: How about some white paint !

With all due respect to excavators, I do not have time to to meet on your schedule. I could give you MAYBE 30 time till I would be on site. I cover over 1000 sq miles by myself. If you do not wish to white line then you will get marks per your ticket and it might or might not be what you want.

This is not a excavator vs Locator. This is about doing the right thing. Calling in 2 miles of a road for both sides and doing 4 bores across the road with no white lines then you will get marks every 50 to 75' apart. I take my pictures and move on. When you call me and need more marks I will flat out tell you to white line and THEN call in another ticket. I am here to help you and to protect my customer.

It comes down to this. You help me and I will work with you. You F#@K me, I will return the favor by breaking it off in you.

I have seen a BIG Company locator on numerous times put down ghost marks.

Excavators remember we can make you or break you!!!
    daman1 and yahoo like this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Caregiver View Post
    this is why we have joint meets

I like meets, helps get the job done right. If you have time to sit there and wait for all the different locators to show up you have time to white line the job.

Remember this; If the job is that large you it is going to take such time that you will need to update your expired ticket. The company may not send the same locator to mark that site and you will end up with no marks or an area marked other than where the dig will take place. As a supervisor I have to balance out workloads so work gets done. One locator gets 11 tickets and nearby locator get 80 tickets, some of that 80 are going to the 11 ticket day locator. Also there is absenteeism due to illness or the locators private life taking them away. There is vacation. There is temporary assignment to another group. There is temporary assignment to another office. Ideally I would examine each ticket and route to the locator who marked it before but there are hundreds of tickets in my group. Reading each of hundreds of tickets takes a prohibitive amount of time so not all remarks go to the same locator.

White lines, white flags and white stakes just make the excavator's job and income more secure.
    UULC and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

we think so much alike it scares me !!!!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    With all due respect to excavators, I do not have time to to meet on your schedule. I could give you MAYBE 30 time till I would be on site. I cover over 1000 sq miles by myself. If you do not wish to white line then you will get marks per your ticket and it might or might not be what you want.

This is not a excavator vs Locator. This is about doing the right thing. Calling in 2 miles of a road for both sides and doing 4 bores across the road with no white lines then you will get marks every 50 to 75' apart. I take my pictures and move on. When you call me and need more marks I will flat out tell you to white line and THEN call in another ticket. I am here to help you and to protect my customer.

It comes down to this. You help me and I will work with you. You F#@K me, I will return the favor by breaking it off in you.

I have seen a BIG Company locator on numerous times put down ghost marks.

Excavators remember we can make you or break you!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12