Thread: Hmmmmm.....!!!!

Exclamation Hmmmmm.....!!!!

Well come to find out that when we started work this morning our ER's and NR's and anything that the office used to give to us is now coming from Indiana? I guess the people in the office showed up to work this morning and were told they were no longer needed???? No notice just happened over the weekend????

Much worse than when we were 30 dayed and told we will no longer have a job a few years back when SBC took locates in house????

Pretty shitty just goes to show they dont give a shit about any of us even the office people.
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Hmmmmm.....!!!!

Where did this happen? Illinois?
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Kansas/Missouri....

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Years of Experience

i'm afraid it ain't over.....for all companies in general in the locating business....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm not 100% sure but I think ELM here in Idaho is being dispatched out of Montana. They no longer use a local dispatcher.

Here is what is going on. ALL SM&P/CLS Emergencies, restakes, and short notices are eventually going to be dispatched from Carmel, IN. Most of the staff there is all temps (no benefits). There are only a few full time staffers. Each district will have 1 full time staffer (for damage notifications / general filing and paperwork).
    USIC eventually wants to petition to start taking over the one call centers from their central dispatch (more money and influence).
    Basically each office will have 1 DM, 1 Trainer, 1 Claims Coordinator , 1 Operations Coordinator, and 1 Office Manager (secretary).
    Eventually most functions (if not already) will come from Carmel.
    It was said last March that as much of the non-profitable positions would be eliminated. Yes this sucks for those that lost their jobs.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Yes but they could have at least given them some damn notice as these people have been in place and good employees for a long ass time.... Pretty selfish to save a few $$$$ IMHO?

Years of Experience

i agree Godfather....we had a manager here in our state...a good man...that gave our office staff a notice that they were downsizing and it worked like this.....he told them on a tuesday morning ....paid them the rest of that week till friday and the rest of that day .... he was told not to do it that way by corporate but he felt it was the right thing to do....and he did it...
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i agree Godfather....we had a manager here in our state...a good man...that gave our office staff a notice that they were downsizing and it worked like this.....he told them on a tuesday morning ....paid them the rest of that week till friday and the rest of that day .... he was told not to do it that way by corporate but he felt it was the right thing to do....and he did it...

That there is a stand up individual. I did however hear that the manager didnt even know it was coming, it was a complete suprise to him also.... He just had to drop the bad news on them after their thanksgiving vacation....