Thread: Heat, heat, and while your at it, more heat!

Years of Experience

Default Heat, heat, and while your at it, more heat!

Here in the Midwest, we all pretty much had our eyes open for this, after the record warmth of the winter. But the drought is gonna drag on for a while. Yet the work is there everyday, and I can't stress this enough. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!! Steve posted in another thread about going to a supply store and buying thirst quencher in bulk. He's a veteran, and a professional, and he's right on the money again. Sporting good stores, farm& fleet supply, whatever. Get yourself a good multi-quart cooler, and fill it with something good. Soda is not something good! I go through over a gallon of Gatorade on a 100 degree day, and yeah...I'm tired at the end of that day. But I have my wits about me, and at the end of the week I'm not nearly as fried as the inexperienced locator!

Safety first friends!!

Years of Experience
    too many

Default Re: Heat, heat, and while your at it, more heat!

you nailed it . same here in Texas with the heat

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

We've had a slight reprieve here in Idaho. We went about a week with over 100 degrees. 108 was the record high last week. If I didn't drink as much as I did, I would be out of commission.

I'm hoping the heat stays where it is. I really wish it stayed around 75 all the time but that is unrealistic.

I long for the Oregon coast this time of year. If you check their temps they stay in the 65-70 degree range all summer with very little fluctuation above or below that.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Ugh 100 every day tis week I like to wrap a wet towel around my neck on long locates but hate wearing hats any other suggestions for keeping cool?