Thread: Gun laws in your state.

Years of Experience

Default Gun laws in your state.

Hey guys, just wanted everyone's opinion on the gun laws in your state.
    I live in illinios and I have to say it might be the worst next to California.
    Just applied for my foid card for the first time. I hear it takes 60 days for a response.
    Plus the no ccw. It's been almost a month and still waiting.

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Gun laws in your state.

I have had my CCW for since 1987. I have two gun safes bolted to the floor in my walk in closet. I have numerous different type of guns and well over 50,000 rounds and countless magazines. People say I am paranoid. I say I am prepared. I have bug out kits the same way I have hurricane kits.

believeve every state should have a CCW program. There are only a few states that do not.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

In Maryland only criminals are allowed to carry guns. Technically it is against the law but they just plea bargain out of it.
    As an honest citizen you have nothing to trade so if you are caught carrying your gun they throw the book at you.

Proprietors of a business can have a gun on their premises but not carry it around outside.

There is a waiting period and background check for a handgun. Long guns and shotguns can be cleared for sale with a phone call by the shop, got out last time with a 12 gauge in about 30 minutes. That includes the time I spent looking and choosing.

The requirements for CCW permit are so restrictive only a few people qualify, mostly private investigators.

To sum it up my opinion is the guns laws in Maryland were written to give the criminal the advantage.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

In Wisconsin they passed the CCW, but you needed to take a few classes and such. The old governor was slick. He didn't give anyone the license to give these classes. so he looked with the gun owners but wasn't. Did any one see that video of two guys go into rob an internet cafe? during it a 71 year old man pulls a pistol and starts shooting at them. funny seeing these guys running and slipping and falling over each other trying to escape.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    believeve every state should have a CCW program. There are only a few states that do not.
    There is one, Illinois.

Years of Experience

Unfortunaley there are always 2 sides Breaking U.S. News these are 2 I think there was a 3rd this week but cant rember where http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...X3vNZ0kPEi2RJQ Dont get me wrong I agree with ccw but there can be tragic effects to everything

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    ....... but there can be tragic effects to everything

Yep. Allowing a criminal to kill you because you're a law-abiding citizen in pretty tragic.

Years of Experience
    too many

every state is different. Here in Texas you can buy and own a gun with proper id , keep it in your house and your car .For a ccw in Texas you have a class you take , fill out the paperwork and you get it (got mine within 45 days)
    In Ny my former state it was way different you got the application , had to get references submit the app go for a interview with a judge, and wait...took almost 6 mts in NY start to finish, and you still are restricted you cant carry in NYC or Albany.

Years of Experience

In OH you take a gun safety course and pay your application fees for your background check at the local Sheriff's office for you CCW.

In Tennessee, there is a concealed carry permit option for lawful citizens. You take a course, qualify in a shooting range, go through a TBI background check, and pay a fee at the DMV. You receive a separate ID card from the state. Now, you are good to go. I have been tempted to carry on some jobs i have done, but many places i work prohibit such things.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I got mine. I went down to the sheriffs office with my Honorable Discharge papers from the Navy, filled out the application, paid the fee and a few weeks later I got my permit in the mail. That was about 4 months ago and I've only carried it once. That was when I went up in the hills to do some gold panning. The people who live in the forest outside of Idaho City, Idaho, aren't very welcoming of strangers. Some people have disappeared while hiking up there.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm just about to get mine in WA. I've already done the background check to purchase the pistol already, and all I have to do now is go pay the county a small fee. There is no class or anything.

Mke

Years of Experience

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry about the media's ignorance of firearms.

NEW HAVEN —
    Police are searching for a man who allegedly dropped a loaded, sawed-off shotgun as he fled from an officer in a short foot chase.

The man fled after Officer Robert Hayden attempted to talk to him about 5:45 p.m., police said. Hayden followed the man onto Shepard Street, where Hayden lost sight of him, police said. Officers retraced the man’s path and found a .22-caliber sawed-off shotgun that had a laser sight and a loaded "larger capacity banana clip."

I guess I'll laugh now and cry later.

---------------------------------------------------