Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 2 Post By paintitnow
  • 3 Post By TheCableVine
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine
  • 3 Post By daman1

Thread: Guess who's work is getting protested?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Guess who's work is getting protested?

We currently have SEIU out infront of our building protesting a contractor. Its great to see a bunch of middle aged people with noise makers and signs all dressed up in "barney" purple and trying to.... I think gain respect. Its actually confusing.

I was going to take photos but we were asked not to do anything that may "entice" the crowd to escelate.

Hump day... go figure.

mke

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guess who's work is getting protested?

I can think of so much fun I would have with them...

Years of Experience

dam liberals.

Years of Experience

are they spouting the occupy crap? I know seiu was the money and organizer of the occupy movement. It does get confusing because half of them are just bums the other half are trust fund babies sitting on a pile of cash and bored out of their minds.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Don't forget paid protesters. There was an add in my local paper in 08 offering 8.50 an hour for as many warm bodies as they could find to "rail against corporate greed". I always wondered who signed those checks and where the money came from but I'll never know. I had a real job. Whoever it was lost their asses on Occupy though. They thought 09 was gonna be the summer of love +40. They didn't take into account that the last summer of love they manufactured would spawn a generation that couldn't even organize a decent protest.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

here in Wisconsin the liberal and democrats cry on how much outside money was coming in for the walker recall election. not a peep out of them on the outside help coming into the state from union and such to organize protesters and register voters. Nor the millions of dollars gave to his opponent to try to defeat him.
    Mark and Kramit69 like this.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

I thought we couldn't talk politics here????

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jabajo View Post
    I thought we couldn't talk politics here????
    There is a politics forum but sometimes the conversation in other forums tilts towards politics. If it becomes too political I will move the thread to the politics forum for those who do not wish to see the political arguments. Otherwise, a little politics here and there is okay.
    yahoo, UULC and Wingfoot like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    here in Wisconsin the liberal and democrats cry on how much outside money was coming in for the walker recall election. not a peep out of them on the outside help coming into the state from union and such to organize protesters and register voters. Nor the millions of dollars gave to his opponent to try to defeat him.

There is absolutely nothing gained by pointing out the hypocrisy of the liberals. They know they do it and they do it because they know every little bit counts. Republicans need to learn that lesson.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    There is a politics forum but sometimes the conversation in other forums tilts towards politics. If it becomes too political I will move the thread to the politics forum for those who do not wish to see the political arguments. Otherwise, a little politics here and there is okay.
    Wasn't the political forum a member only one or something?

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edward View Post
    are they spouting the occupy crap? I know seiu was the money and organizer of the occupy movement. It does get confusing because half of them are just bums the other half are trust fund babies sitting on a pile of cash and bored out of their minds.
    Even in the Ukraine the protesters are being paid. It was noted there was only a couple hundred and then hours later it grew dramatically and it was found out they were paying some of them.

One of the leaders of the occupy wall street was a 29 year old grad student. Taking time off his studies to protest. I think he was on O'reilly and during the interview these are some of the things he was spouting. He was basically living on student loans. After graduation he would not accept any job offers that paid him less than $125K. He thought the government should supply him with free health car, dental care and a house and a job. I wished the interviewer would of asked him of that $125K salary he would be willing to pay the government in taxes to cover him with all that he wanted.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edward View Post
    Are they spouting the occupy crap? I know SEIU was the money and organizer of the occupy movement. It does get confusing because half of them are just bums the other half are trust fund babies sitting on a pile of cash and bored out of their minds.
    One of the leaders of the occupy wall street was a 29 year old grad student. Taking time off his studies to protest. I think he was on O'reilly and during the interview these are some of the things he was spouting. He was basically living on student loans. After graduation he would not accept any job offers that paid him less than $125K. He thought the government should supply him with free health car, dental care and a house and a job. I wished the interviewer would of asked him of that $125K salary he would be willing to pay the government in taxes to cover him with all that he wanted.
    Puppets of the Elite like Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, George Stephanopoulos, Matt Lauer, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Piers Morgan, Cooper Anderson and others will cherry pick looney bastards to interview who claim to be "insiders" of a movement but are nothing more than actors. The "Puppets" are instructed to present these actors in a way to dis-credit any patriotic movement. These "Puppets" do their best to take the focus off the true meaning of Occupy Wall Street; exposing the depth of greed and corruption of the international bankers of New York City.

The real organizers of Occupy Wall Street recently declared a “Declaration of the Occupation of New York City:”

“As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies. As one people, formerly divided by the color of our skin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or lack thereof, political party and cultural background, we acknowledge the reality: that there is only one race, the human race, and our survival requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their brethren; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.”

Wall Street is America’s chief symbol of profits over people, self-interest over justice and of concentrated wealth over democracy. While millions of Americans struggle to find jobs, prevent banks from taking their homes, keep up with payments for student loans and get by on the minimal jobless benefits and welfare the government is willing to grant its citizens, Wall Street shoulders no burden. It enjoys millions of dollars in tax breaks each year. The corporations on Wall Street give executives bonuses that are grotesquely high, sometimes more than $10 million. These privately-owned, big banks on Wall Street are able to give their most senior executives these bonuses because the US government bailed them out through TARP in 2008.

The reason many liberal and progressive Elites hate the Occupy Wall Street folks is simple: they have bypassed the old left leadership. The old left hate the Occupy Wall Street folks because it challenges them. The Elite hate the Occupy Wall Street folks because the Elite are not making any money off this; the Elite are not leading their protests.

The old left exists to bring in money and keep paying themselves. This is as true of union leadership as it is of the majority of environmental organizations. The leadership of all of these organizations is deeply corrupt. All they care about is getting richer off of something they control. If they can’t control a movement and get richer in the process they despise it.

Movements which bypass the old left, like Occupy Wall Wall Street, Wikileaks or Anonymous are MORE of a threat to the old left leadership than the right wing, the Tea Party or the Republicans. Those forces are all good for the old left. They use fear of these movements to drive donations and to convince their followers to vote Democratic. Those who do the bidding of the old left are rewarded with access, pats on the back and small amounts of money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Wasn't the political forum a member only one or something?
    No. Anybody can gain access. You just need to PM me and let me know you want it.

Years of Experience
    17 years

yahoo, Wingfoot and Hallet17 like this.