Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Group Of Locators Tired Of Getting Screwed!!

Default Re: Group Of Locators Tired Of Getting Screwed!!

Quote Originally Posted by locator1 View Post
    I am leaving the locating industry permanently.I will be joining the army ,going full time.I will be improving my lot in life,and learning a new skill at the same time.Maybe even help our troops kick some a**.
    Keep your head down and powder dry. Good luck soldier and thanks for serving.

Years of Experience
    na

Good choice, and good luck...

Make good use of all the opportunitys (unlike I did years ago)...

I would like to start a group of locators that are willing to join together all across the usa.We need as many locators in each individual state as possible ,so that we may all organize and join one common union and stand up against all the bad locating companies out their that just want to use us as a means to and end.such as Consolidated utilities,all they are doing in some states is putting people on piece rate,and when that happens like here in florida the locator just clears the tickets out to make enough money on his check.Then contarctors will hit fibers and who knows what else due to not locating.I believe if we all band together and join either Ibew or some other strong union this may be our only chance to turn things around.Companies just keep on thinking of ways to shorten our pay and benefits and pay while they make huge profits,so lets all unite in some way shape or form and have the vigo like the patriots did when they found this country and kick the companies a**!!!!Lets hear everyones idea out there,i know Ibew will help us if we try

Not the company's fault for someone being greedy. Quality should always be above productivity. Piece rate is in place to try to increase the pay of a locator while maintaining a good profit for the company. The down side to all this, is that people get greedy and start billing off tickets that haven't been marked, putting the company, yourself, and the excavators at risk. Not sure about other branches of CUS, but just tell them you want hourly pay and they will keep you at that.

The big problem in NC(I don't know about other states) is the contractors calling in the world to be located and only working in a small area. Its killing quality and productivity of the locator, that being me and you, when you have to locate a 2-3 mile stretch of road and its only called in on two maybe three tickets. Whichever the minimum might be to by pass the maximum locate distance rule thats in place for One Call.

Years of Experience

Cool Re: Group Of Locators Tired Of Getting Screwed!!

I would like to start a group of locators that are willing to join together all across the usa.We need as many locators in each individual state as possible ,so that we may all organize and join one common union and stand up against all the bad locating companies out their that just want to use us as a means to and end.such as Consolidated utilities,all they are doing in some states is putting people on piece rate,and when that happens like here in florida the locator just clears the tickets out to make enough money on his check.Then contarctors will hit fibers and who knows what else due to not locating.I believe if we all band together and join either Ibew or some other strong union this may be our only chance to turn things around.Companies just keep on thinking of ways to shorten our pay and benefits and pay while they make huge profits,so lets all unite in some way shape or form and have the vigo like the patriots did when they found this country and kick the companies a**!!!!Lets hear everyones idea out there,i know Ibew will help us if we try
    How's that working out for ya? Lmfao

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    good luck dude .....let me know how that turns out for ya!!!!
    First reply in the thread. Now that's some funny sheet rite there. Says everything you need to know about the issue.
    superman likes this.

Years of Experience

number of problems here. 1st you wont make what you think you will, remember you have to pay union dues aka: less money for you. 2, you unionize most companies will just drop the contracts and walk away.

Unions are garbarge
    utiliquesternomo likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789