Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Great Music

Years of Experience

Default Re: Great Music

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    One day when I retire I'm gonna twist up a doob and play this tune. And really enjoy it.
    Greetings Mark! What an interesting fantasy about your retirement. My retirement fantasy is fishing while listening to any tune sung by George Ivan "Van" Morrison:

Van Morrison - And It Stoned Me

"And It Stoned Me" was recorded in summer 1969 at Warner Publishing Studio in New York City.

Morrison, in 1985, related the song to a quasi-mystical experience he had as a child:

"I suppose I was about twelve years old. [Billy and I] used to go to a place called Ballystockart to fish. We stopped in the village on the way up to this place and we went to this little stone house. There was an old man there with dark weather-beaten skin. Billy asked him if he had any water. He gave us some water which he said he got from the stream. I drank some and everything seemed to stop for me. Time stood still. For five minutes everything was really quiet and I was in this 'other dimension'. That's what the song is about."

During this song Morrison sings: "...Stoned me just like Jelly Roll. And it stoned me." That lyric is thought to be a reference to jazz musician Jelly Roll Morton, whose recordings Morrison listened to with his father as he was growing up. However, "jelly roll" is also common jazz and blues slang for the vagina and/or sexual intercourse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings Mark! What an interesting fantasy about your retirement. My retirement fantasy is fishing while listening to any tune sung by George Ivan "Van" Morrison:
    Greetings Brother!

Your retirement plan sounds pleasant, too. It's all about relaxing, enjoying the later years in life and taking it easy when we finally get there, right? Hell yeah. I'm just lucky to make it this far.

If I don't sell everything and move to Panama, I just might find a campground down south somewhere by a lake and chill in my camper with my pups. Unless somebody comes along and changes my mind for me ... so don't ever lose touch MR. Wings, because you will always be welcome at my campsite.

I'll be chillin with my Brother the Wind, listening to timeless classics that never get old.

Years of Experience
    na

Sit around the campfire and talk politics !!! HOPE I M INVITED !?!?!
    Last edited by USIC1; November 26th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

During this song Morrison sings: "...Stoned me just like Jelly Roll. And it stoned me." That lyric is thought to be a reference to jazz musician Jelly Roll Morton, whose recordings Morrison listened to with his father as he was growing up. However, "jelly roll" is also common jazz and blues slang for the vagina and/or sexual intercourse.

You mean "jazz" don't you !?!?!

jazz

HELLO!!!
    Last edited by USIC1; November 26th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Sit around the campfire and talk politics !!! HOPE I M INVITED !?!?!
    Yeah, me & Wingfoot could take turns kickin your ass! Then we would stuff straw in your shirt and sleeves and make you say "If I only had a brain".

Woops, did I say that out loud? j/k You can stop by USIC, that would be fun, BYOW. Wingfoot and me will be jammin to some great music, like this:

Years of Experience

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WM7-PYtXtJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Since the subject we
    hen I retire I would like to pack up a motor home and travel around helping out people from natural disasters. After 20 + years of locating after tornados ice storms etc. I figure the least I can do is help out with a chain saw or handing out food and water is the least I can do.

Years of Experience

Sh#t I though I had it figured it out how do you have the video show up

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Sh#t! I thought I had it figured out! How do I get the video to show up?
    Greetings orangeboots!

Step 1). Left click the celluloid movie icon on the Font/Size toolbar to post any YouTube (Long), YouTube (Short), Hulu, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google or facebook clip. The celluloid movie icon is the 2nd icon from the right on the 'Post Quick Reply' toolbar or 5th icon from the right-middle toolbar on the 'Go Advanced' option.

Step 2). Cut and paste the https: info of the desired YouTube (etc.) clip to the 'Insert Video Clip' highlight and press OK.

Step 3). Optional). A personal preference - I like to center my posts but it is not necessary.

orangeboots, if I may, here is your desired post #126:

Since the subject, when I retire I would like to pack up a motor home and travel around helping out people from natural disasters. After 20 + years of locating after tornadoes, ice storms, etc. I figure the least I can do is help out with a chain saw or handing out food and water is the least I can do.
    -- orangeboots - 11/26/2013 - 10:11 pm

Last edited by Wingfoot; November 27th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Years of Experience

well I will see if I can follow directions my supe doesn't think so !
    Mark and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

Wing you are a genius when can I set up a GT viewer class?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Wing you are a genius when can I set up a GT viewer class?

------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Van Morrison - Into the Mystic

"Into the Mystic" is a song written by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison. The song has a soothing, calm, medium-paced tempo.

"Into the Mystic" was recorded during the Moondance sessions at A&R Recording Studios in New York City in September to November 1969.

The lyrics are about a spiritual quest, typical of Morrison's work. Bass thrums like a boat in motion, and the song comes back to water as a means of magical transformation. At the very end Van sings: too late to stop now, suggesting that the song also describes an act of love." (This phrase would become a key point of many live concerts.) Compared to "Yesterday" by The Beatles, It has been described as "another song where the music and the words seem to have been born together, at the same time, to make one perfectly formed, complete artistic element.

Morrison remarked on the song, "Originally I wrote it as 'Into the Misty'. But later I thought that it had something of an ethereal feeling to it so I called it 'Into the Mystic'. That song is kind of funny because it has two sets of lyrics. When it came time to send the lyrics to WB Music, I couldn't figure out which set to send them. For example, there is, 'I was born before the wind' and 'I was borne before the wind'. And also, 'Also younger than the son, Ere the bonny boat was one' and 'All so younger than the son, Ere the bonny boat was won' ... I guess the song is just about being part of the universe."

"Into the Mystic" is No. 474 on the list of Rolling Stone magazine's 2010 feature, The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time and was listed as No. 42 on the The 885 Essential XPN Songs compiled in 2008 by WXPN from listener's votes.

According to a BBC survey, because of this song’s cooling, soothing vibe, this is one of the most popular songs for surgeons to listen to while performing operations.

Years of Experience

New Navy - Zimbabwe

Google's "Mystery Barge"

"Google barges" refers to a group of four floating barges built between 2010 and 2012, commissioned by Google to serve as "an interactive space where people can learn about new technology", possibly as luxury showrooms for Google Glass and other products, on an invitation-only basis. As of November 2013, two of the barges are docked in Treasure Island, San Francisco, while another is in Portland, Maine.

The Portland barge and one of the Treasure Island barges have a superstructure consisting of four stories of modern shipping containers welded together. Most of the containers have small slits that may serve as windows, and each barge has a container that slants down to ground level at a shallow angle. The other two barges are owned by the same corporation (set up by Google) but do not have a superstructure. CBS sources claimed that the first three floors will serve as a showroom, while the upper floor will be a party deck. The Treasure Island structure exhibits poles at the top that may be antennas, and it will be equipped to gigantic sails while being moved among sites in the San Francisco Bay Area as a "temporary technology exhibit space" to "drive visitation to the waterfront".

As of October 31, 2013, no work was being done on the barges. On November 1, land-based construction of a superstructure near the second San Francisco barge had apparently commenced. Google may be building the structures on barges to avoid mandatory city building permits and public plans that may disclose its purpose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

http://<iframe width="420" height="3...reen></iframe> Hopefully I won't be heading here soon (also seeing if I remember Wings lesson

Years of Experience

damn it i give up

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast