Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Great Music

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

The Moody Blues ~ Nights In White Satin

Band member Justin Hayward wrote and composed the song at age 19 in Swindon, a large town in Wiltshire, South West England. The song is titled after a girlfriend gave him a gift of satin bed sheets. The song itself was a tale of a yearning love from afar, which leads many Moody Blues enthusiasts to term it as a tale of one-sided love endured by Hayward. Hayward said of his song, "It was just another song I was writing and I thought it was very powerful. It was a very personal song and every note, every word in it means something to me. I found that a lot of other people have felt the same way about it."

The spoken-word poem heard near the six-minute mark of the album version of the song is called "Late Lament." Drummer Graeme Edge wrote the verses, which were recited by keyboardist Mike Pinder.

The London Festival Orchestra provided the orchestral accompaniment for the introduction, the final rendition of the chorus, and the "late lament" section. The gong that closes the track is struck by Mike Pinder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default The Grand Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Trust me. Nothing is real. Reality is, and has always been, soooooo distorted by the information media, we may never know the depth of the illusion.......................... just sayin.'
    _

John Denver ~ Steve Irwin

_

Cassandra Denver ~ Terri Irwin

Bindi Irwin has legal issues obtaining her
    $360,000 'Dancing With the Stars' salary.

All monies will be withheld from Bindi until a
    death certificate for Steve is produced!

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin's daughter, Bindi Irwin, said she will indeed get paid her estimated $360,000 in wages from both competing and winning ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

"We're all good. It's all sorted now," she told TMZ when asked about the status of the minor contract. "Yeah, we're all happy."

In California, a judge must approve contracts made on behalf of a minor. Part of that process can include the parents waiving any rights to the child's salary. In this case, 17-year-old Bindi's mother Terri signed over her rights. But the court said that they failed to have the father sign off his rights, as well. Clearly, that's impossible as Steve died after being stung in the chest by a stingray in 2006.

Bindi Irwin

Nevertheless, Bindi continued to compete on the ABC dancing competition alongside partner Derek Hough. Her base salary was $150,000 with additional pay as she advanced in the competition. The reported total for making it through all 11 weeks is $360,000, according to People Magazine.

TMZ reported no proof of Steve Irwin's death has been provided and the judge has yet to clear Bindi's 'DWTS' contract at this time. TMZ has been told proving her father is dead without producing a death certificate shouldn't be hard for Bindi's attorneys. (Wingfoot just got a BIG whiff of Bullshit... There will be no death certificate for Steve Irwin because the talented actor who played the characters of John Denver and Steve Irwin is still alive. It's all 'Make Believe'.............. just sayin.')

The young activist said when she does get paid, she won't be keeping it.

"Everything I make goes back to wildlife conservation," she told TMZ. "It's wonderful. It's who we are."

Bindi's parents established the nonprofit organization Wildlife Warriors in 2002. "We have conservation projects all over the world," the dancing champ said.

Years of Experience

Cool Oldies

Almost forgot about this tune!

Years of Experience

Trust me. Nothing is real. Reality is, and has always been, soooooo distorted by the information media, we may never know the depth of the illusion.......................... just sayin.'
    _

Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif.) ~ Laura San Giacomo

~ Never Enuff Ammo ~
    Rep. Loretta Sanchez ….. Go Fak Yourself!

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

Lea Michele ~ Anything's Possible

Years of Experience

Default The Guffs

Timeless classic from a band formed in a city not far away from me (Milwaukee). I miss the days of a simpler place in time.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Amazing Street Drummer!

Drive by Incubus remains to be my favorite song. Incubus and Coldplay are both my faves.
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

British PM Theresa May ~ Princess Diana

_

Israeli Businessman Yossi Maiman ~ Dodi Al-Fayed

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
    ― Adolf Hitler

Last edited by Wingfoot; May 7th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

Cantaloupe Island ~ Blue Note Concert

"Cantaloupe Island" is the first example of a modal jazz composition set to a funky beat and is a jazz standard composed by Herbie Hancock. "Cantaloupe Island" was recorded for Herbie's 1964 album Empyrean Isles during his early years as one of the members of Miles Davis' 1960s quintet.

Herbie Hancock ~ Piano
    Freddie Hubbard ~ Trumpeter
    Joe Henderson ~ Saxophonist
    Ron Carter ~ Bassist
    Tony Williams ~ Drummer

Herbie, Ron and Tony were musicians playing for the original 1964 recording.

Years of Experience

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
    ― Adolf Hitler
    _

Serial Killer Ted Bundy ~ Bryan Cranston

_

Bundy Victim Brenda Ball ~ Sandy Hook Principal Dawn Hochsprung

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

Audioslave ~ Like a Stone

Bassist Tim Commerford claims that the song is about an old man waiting for death, who sits in a house alone after all his friends and family have passed on, waiting to be reunited with them. However, while Commerford originally thought it was a song about love and romance, band's singer-songwriter Chris Cornell explains that "It's a song about concentrating on the afterlife you would hope for, rather than the normal monotheistic approach: You work really hard all your life to be a good person, a moral person, fair and generous. Then you go to hell anyway."

This video was shot in Jimi Hendrix' old house where he wrote "Purple Haze." At the time, Audioslave was just rehearsing, but the cameras were there and the video was created.

Chris Cornell (1964 ~ 2017)

Chris Cornell, the powerful, dynamic frontman of the American rock supergroup Audioslave and lead singer of the band Soundgarden died on Wednesday night, 17 May 2017 in Detroit hours after the band Soundgarden had performed there. Cornell was one of the architects of grunge music. He was 52.

Cornell's death was a suicide by hanging, the Wayne County medical examiner’s office said in a statement released on Thursday afternoon. It said a full autopsy had not yet been completed.

Mr. Cornell’s representative, Brian Bumbery, said in a statement that the death was “sudden and unexpected.”

Audioslave ~ I Am The Highway

daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: The Grand Illusion

So tired of hearing about the suicides of my favorite actors and musicians. All the money and fame they ever hoped for and they never realized that happiness can't be bought or given. An unhappy person can get rich and will feel happy for a time until he gets used to it, then he will return to his old mindset. When everything desirable the world has to offer is at your doorstep and you still cannot find inner peace, choosing suicide almost makes sense. Almost.

Our pop culture has convinced too many of us that the right car, house, or partner will bring joy. How many stars will voluntarily end their privileged lives before we realize that the path to happiness is a personal journey and until we learn that, the things this world temps us with will only get in the way? Cornell never figured it out.

Better luck in the next life, Chris Cornell. What a shame.

Last edited by daman1; May 20th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Oldies

Death finally catches up to the Midnight Rider. From a time when it took a singer/songwriter/musician/artist to make music. Not a computer and a dancing puppet.

Good-bye Gregg Allman.
    Last edited by daman1; May 27th, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

Matt Maher ~ Hold Us Together

Years of Experience

Default Great Music

Michael Jackson ~ Billie Jean

Michael Jackson wrote "Billie Jean" with his female fans in mind, and later stated that when he wrote the song, he knew it would be a success: "A musician knows hit material. Everything has to feel in place. It fulfills you and it makes you feel good. That's how I felt about 'Billie Jean'. I knew it was going to be big when I was writing it." The singer explained that he was so absorbed by the song that, in one instance, he did not notice that his car had caught fire as he drove down a freeway with a friend until a passing motorcyclist informed him. Jackson noted: "The kid probably saved our lives."

Jackson stated several times that "Billie Jean" was based on the groupies he and his brothers encountered while part of The Jackson 5. "Billie Jean is kind of anonymous. It represents a lot of girls. They used to call them groupies in the '60s." He added: "They would hang around backstage doors, and any band that would come to town they would have a relationship with them. I think I wrote this out of experience with my brothers when I was little. There were a lot of Billie Jeans out there. Every girl claimed that their son was related to one of my brothers." The reason for this was due to the fame of the Jackson 5, and wanting to have their money in order to have a way of living.

Jackson's biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli promoted the theory that "Billie Jean" was derived from a real life experience the singer faced in 1981. The Magic & The Madness documents how a young woman wrote Jackson a letter, which informed the singer that he was the father of one of her twins. Jackson, who regularly received letters of this kind, had never met the woman in question and ignored it. The woman, however, continued to send Jackson more letters, which stated that she loved him and wanted to be with him. She wrote of how happy they would be if they raised the child together. She pondered how Jackson could ignore his own flesh and blood. The letters disturbed the singer to the extent that he suffered nightmares.

Following the letters, Jackson received a parcel containing a photograph of the fan, as well as a letter and a gun. Jackson was horrified; the letter asked that the pop singer kill himself on a certain day and at a specific time. The fan would do the same once she had killed their baby. She wrote that if they could not be together in this life, then they would be in the next. To his mother's dismay, Jackson had the photograph of the woman framed and hung above the dining room table of their family home. Afterwards, the Jacksons discovered that the fan had been sent to a psychiatric hospital.